Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HSFDK45

Racism in 21st Century Football

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

So are many things but people who call themselves Muslim still do it.

But they are representing them self, not Islam. If the law says that you are not allowed to do something. Would blame the low if the people are not respecting it?

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

"We're not racist, we just make others pay an extra tax because of their religion on the threat of imprisonment" lol

That is not racist. And in comparison to what other religions did in that time, that was more than fair in that time. 

10 minutes ago, MattP said:

"We're not racist, we just make others pay an extra tax because of their religion on the threat of imprisonment" lol

Why not " instead of killing you, kicking you out of the lands or forcing you to convert like what other religions do, we will let you live as a free man, doing your own work, staying in a house that you own and practising the religion that you choose, and in return, you will pay tax" ohh believe me. In those days that was more than you can ask.

Yeah I'm off to tax the local black family now, not racist, if they moan I'll mention it's far better than the slave trave days. 

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

That is not racist. And in comparison to what other religions did in that time, that was more than fair in that time. 

Mate your talking nonsense, Budhism was rife in India and the majority faith in India, they were alot less discriminatory then Islam ever was.  Please, if you are going to make statements, please come with facts

24 minutes ago, the fox said:

But they are representing them self, not Islam. If the law says that you are not allowed to do something. Would blame the low if the people are not respecting it?

You seemed to be suggesting Muslims cannot be racist, they can be. I didn't blame their faith for it, they make their own decisions.

36 minutes ago, the fox said:

Here is an answer for you

"

Will Durant wrote:

‘At the time of the Umayyad caliphate, the people of the covenant, Christians, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Sabians, all enjoyed degree of tolerance that we do not find even today in Christian countries.  They were free to practice the rituals of their religion and their churches and temples were preserved.  They enjoyed autonomy in that they were subject to the religious laws of the scholars and judges.’[2]

These just relations between Muslims and people of other faiths were not due to mere politics played by Muslim rulers, but rather they were a direct result of the teachings of the religion of Islam, one which preaches that people of other religions be free to practice their own faith, only accepting the guidance offered by Islam by their own choice.  God says in the Quran:

"There is no compulsion in religion…" (Quran 2:256)

Not only does Islam demand their freedom to practice religion, but also that they be treated justly as any other fellow human.  Warning against any abuse of non-Muslims in an Islamic society, the Prophet stated:

"Beware!  Whoever is cruel and hard on a non-Muslim minority, curtails their rights, burdens them with more than they can bear, or takes anything from them against their free will; I (Prophet Muhammad) will complain against the person on the Day of Judgment." (Abu Dawud)

How far is this mannerism than the majority of nations, to this day, which not only suppress the rights of foreign religions, but also foreign peoples and races!  In a time when Muslims were being tortured to death in then pagan Mecca, Jews were being persecuted in Christian Europe, and various peoples were being subjugated due to their particular race or caste, Islam called to the just treatment of all peoples and religions, due to its merciful tenets which gave humanity the right to their humanness."

Sorry to others for re quoting.

Mate, just because at one point in history, in some distant land, one Muslim ruler was more accommodating to other religions, it is in no way representative of the history of Islam, Mohammed or Muslims in general.

I have just written quite a long post to counteract your post. I even waited an hour for my computer upstairs to bloody load up so I could do it properly. But then I found myself deleting it. All of it bar the first line. Dr Singh is right, its a dead thread to me also, and its a sad day when I pull out of a post I spent a long time writing for reasons many would probably appreciate here.

I guess all I have for you is a line from The Departed:

"When are you going to wake the fcuk up?!"

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

Mate your talking nonsense, Budhism was rife in India and the majority faith in India, they were alot less discriminatory then Islam ever was.  Please, if you are going to make statements, please come with facts

Talking about Indians, I don't think they like other Indian Muslims very much. But yeah, we will play the bad guy role.

I think the best thing that I can do is call it a day. The worst thing to do is to waste time on getting an opinion through to a person not willing to hear. And both parties already made up their minds. I was not the first to talk about islam in a topic about racism. Good bye.

I think the best thing that I can do is call it a day. The worst thing to do is to waste time on getting an opinion through to a person not willing to hear. And both parties already made up their minds. I was not the first to talk about islam in a topic about racism. Good bye.

Archived