Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TornadoShaunUK

Hume prefers to play with Elvis and Smith?

Has anyone noticed how much Hume likes to poke his tongue out when he's playing football? More than Henrik Larsson.

He also puffs his cheeks out when hes running which makes him go bright red...a little like this :mad:

Has anyone noticed how much Hume likes to poke his tongue out when he's playing football? More than Henrik Larsson.

Yeah, definitely noticed that.

I also noticed some great touches by him in the Brighton game (just like when he stopped the ball going out just in front of us). There were gasps of admiration in the West stand then...

Yeah, definitely noticed that.

I also noticed some great touches by him in the Brighton game (just like when he stopped the ball going out just in front of us). There were gasps of admiration in the West stand then...

Typical West Stand, didn't bother to cheer and applaud his brilliance then? :rolleyes::whistle:

It would be nice. de Vries is more effective coming off the bench aswell.

I'd agree with that - it's time to put teams on the back foot from the start by playing Hume and Hammond upfront. de Vries then offers a different approach, which can throw defences.

I'd agree with that - it's time to put teams on the back foot from the start by playing Hume and Hammond upfront. de Vries then offers a different approach, which can throw defences.

I think that Hume has got to be first chouce and they should alternate Elvis and de Vries as his striker partner every so often. Both of them seem to be inconsistent, but do look dangerous coming off the bench.

I think with Elvis and de Vries we have 2 strikers who will cause defenders no end of problems but won't score goals in abundance, what we need to do is make sure we utilise their abilities to the maximum though. Elvis epitomises everything that's happening with our team, looks good at times, unlucky, but the end product is incredibly inconsistent. He has massive potential to damage this league though and he needs to be playing as much football as possible.

I know every players misses chances but if you take in to consideration that he's had 3 goals disallowed this season (2, I believe were onside) and also was unlucky with hitting the inside of the post at Crewe he could have 5 goals, which isn't a bad return.

There's signs that our 3 strikers can do the business it's just finding the best combination to maximising the scoring ratio for them and the team in general.

What you need in any successful team is a 20+ goals a season lad and a partner to set them up and take the pressure off by popping up with a few, Elvis and Hume could fit the bill perfectly I reckon :D

What you need in any successful team is a 20+ goals a season lad and a partner to set them up and take the pressure off by popping up with a few, Elvis and Hume could fit the bill perfectly I reckon :D

I agree. Although having said that how many teams actually have a player that scores 20 goals a season even if they are capable of doing it? There are players out there who aren't classed as a 20 goals a season player but can score 20 goals in a particular season such as Cresswell, Beattie, etc. It all depends on how the team plays as a whole. We might have a striker who can score 20 goals but we'll only ever find out if we play to our strengths and perform successfully.

I think it's all relative, the most important thing is you have a team of players who create and take their chances. It seems at the minute, it doesn't matter who we sign or play they never hit the ground running and it's then hard to play catch up.

Elvis and Hume seem our best chance of stretching defenders and giving ourselves the best chance of scoring, but I think our midfield need to become more reliable in front of goal.

I agree. Although having said that how many teams actually have a player that scores 20 goals a season even if they are capable of doing it? There are players out there who aren't classed as a 20 goals a season player but can score 20 goals in a particular season such as Cresswell, Beattie, etc. It all depends on how the team plays as a whole. We might have a striker who can score 20 goals but we'll only ever find out if we play to our strengths and perform successfully.

I think it's all relative, the most important thing is you have a team of players who create and take their chances. It seems at the minute, it doesn't matter who we sign or play they never hit the ground running and it's then hard to play catch up.

Elvis and Hume seem our best chance of stretching defenders and giving ourselves the best chance of scoring, but I think our midfield need to become more reliable in front of goal.

Yeah sorry I was stuck in the early '90s there lol the style of play that most teams adopt these days make it more difficult for your Lineker (for example) style player to get a ruck of goals. I agree with you about the midfield though, Williams should be getting more goals for the type of player he is and Gudjonnson seems only happy to shoot from range.

Archived