Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
sk3since03

Selling on Ebay

Has anybody had any success on selling their unwanted items using Ebay?

Not looking to become an overnight millionaire  by any means but i have so much Ebay'able' clutter around the house. I usually take a trip down the tip if we do a clearout but figured i'd give ebay a go

Only thing i'm dubious of is buyers that use chargebacks unfairly via PayPal! 

So my question is, is it best to send items with recorded/tracked delivery etc to avoid these kind of things!  Any tips would be great

:scarf:

I do it all time.

I usually send normally but if it's something more expensive (ie a phone) I send it recorded.

As long as you aren't selling to a **** (obviously you don't know that) it's all ok. I've had less than 5 problems in my 6 or so years selling on eBay.

I send 2nd class recorded if the item is worth over a tenner and charge £4-£5 postage per item depending on weight. It's not trackable until delivered but you can of course get proof of posting. I also take a snap of the packaged up item with the buyers address on it so if there's an inquiry then I've got enough evidence to demonstrate I'm not a shoddy seller. 

5 minutes ago, Firegrande said:

Usually use gumtree, had bad experiences with eBay and paypal

Doing a car boot is a good way of getting rid of unwanted items too.

I don't mind the odd car boot if im feeling up to it

it's the instant bombardment as you step foot out of you car that does me! You got this, you got that?

Cheers for the replies though lads :) 

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I send 2nd class recorded if the item is worth over a tenner and charge £4-£5 postage per item depending on weight. It's not trackable until delivered but you can of course get proof of posting. I also take a snap of the packaged up item with the buyers address on it so if there's an inquiry then I've got enough evidence to demonstrate I'm not a shoddy seller. 

Yeah i like the idea of a picture of the parcel ! Added security if a dispute is opened 

Thanks 

i'll give it a go 

I Use Gumtree as a first option as the sale pricing on Ebay is too high..., unless its something with real "appeal" that will have interest around the country/world.

FYI in case you dont know... gumtre is owned by Ebay

Archived