Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

WBA Away Post Match Thread 0 - 1

On 30/04/2017 at 12:22, Cardiff_Fox said:

Another ground, another champions of England, you'll never sing that to a club who've been English champions......

I don't understand why this upsets people so much. The chant is "Champions of England, you'll never sing that".

You'll = you will. It's effectively saying "you won't ever sing champions of England in the future". Not really referring to the fact that they have won it before. Also, they won it in 1919 ffs lol 

1 hour ago, shiv said:

I don't understand why this upsets people so much. The chant is "Champions of England, you'll never sing that".

You'll = you will. It's effectively saying "you won't ever sing champions of England in the future". Not really referring to the fact that they have won it before. Also, they won it in 1919 ffs lol 

If that's the case, apart from the 98 year olds, it's true

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

If that's the case, apart from the 98 year olds, it's true

eh? If he's referring to it in the future then it's potentially false for anyone there. West Brom, like any other club, could win the league next season. Unlikely they will, but that was the case last season as well.

Now, if it were "you've never sung that", then that'd be the case.

1 hour ago, shiv said:

Sorry I don't think grammar correctness is on the mind of our fans when they sing it. 

I don't hate the chant because it's sang incorrectly. I hate the chant because it's a symptom of an arrogant attitude I'd normally associate with the big clubs. We spent years having glory hunters telling us we'd won **** all. Now we are the arsehole telling other fans they can't dream. 

Last season should be celebrated because it was our own clubs success. It should not be celebrated as a 'look what we won and you won't have it'. Seemingly many fans want to celebrate that other clubs didn't win it, not that we won it. 

Looking even deeper into it; it's a lack of ambition and belief in our own club that we are already using that a tool Forest do with their European Cups. 

In hundred years, we could be just another West Brom. 

Just caught up with MOTD.

lol the state of John Motson - why is it always him on our games?

It's actually sad to see and they need to put him out of his misery, he's struggling. Don't think I went 5 seconds without cringing at his commentary. 

19 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sorry I don't think grammar correctness is on the mind of our fans when they sing it. 

I don't hate the chant because it's sang incorrectly. I hate the chant because it's a symptom of an arrogant attitude I'd normally associate with the big clubs. We spent years having glory hunters telling us we'd won **** all. Now we are the arsehole telling other fans they can't dream. 

Last season should be celebrated because it was our own clubs success. It should not be celebrated as a 'look what we won and you won't have it'. Seemingly many fans want to celebrate that other clubs didn't win it, not that we won it. 

Looking even deeper into it; it's a lack of ambition and belief in our own club that we are already using that a tool Forest do with their European Cups. 

In hundred years, we could be just another West Brom. 

That's a fair point mate, and I don't disagree with you. To be honest the chant was probably formed out of frustration when we were losing every week.

It's one of those where you don't really like the chant but you end up joining in. I guess I've just accepted we sing it so don't think it's that bad.

I used to hate the "1-0 who gives a fvck, we're the Leicester boys and we're staying up". Don't even know why, just irritated me a lot lol 

16 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Just caught up with MOTD.

lol the state of John Motson - why is it always him on our games?

It's actually sad to see and they need to put him out of his misery, he's struggling. Don't think I went 5 seconds without cringing at his commentary. 

First half when he screamed CHADLI as his shot literally rolled to Kasper lol

Archived