Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rn9013

Huddersfield Away-September 16th

I appreciate this is both early and a long shot. But I work in Huddersfield and would absolutely love to get to this. So anyone in P1/P2 etc for away tickets that knows they won't be able to make this-if you'd be willing to get 2 for me I would be very grateful. 

I don't rate my chances of obtaining any in the members ballot so thought I'd try my luck on here 

3 minutes ago, jonthefox said:

I think you might struggle bud. It's a ground we haven't been to in a few years. 

Yeah I thought as much. Worth a try though! I might check out their hospitality options closer to the time, see if the prices are ridiculous. If I can get something for around the £100 mark then it might be worth considering. 

30 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Last time we went there got 6 tickets in the home end after registering on their site with a Huddersfield address hope to do the same this time.

I seriously doubt you will be able to do this for this one mate unfortunately. The buzz around the town for Premier League football is massive, they've already sold 18,000 ST's (It's only a 24,500 seater) and they are going to sell more as of Monday. You never know but I doubt you'll be as lucky this time. 

Just in case anyone that can't get a ticket is interested in hospitality for this....I have enquired and I am tempted. The cost is £150+ VAT and includes the usual 3 course pre match meal etc. I know it's a lot of money but by the time you take off the cost of a normal match ticket for a city game and my normal travel costs down to Leicester into account (that I won't have to pay for this) it's not actually that much more than usual.

The hospitality area is a mix of home and away supporters apparently-but no team colours obviously. 

On 14/06/2017 at 17:50, rn9013 said:

I appreciate this is both early and a long shot. But I work in Huddersfield and would absolutely love to get to this. So anyone in P1/P2 etc for away tickets that knows they won't be able to make this-if you'd be willing to get 2 for me I would be very grateful. 

I don't rate my chances of obtaining any in the members ballot so thought I'd try my luck on here 

Aren't you on the Arsenal thread disagreeing with this? 

14 hours ago, Blue717 said:

Aren't you on the Arsenal thread disagreeing with this? 

Yes, I make no secret of the fact that I disagree with it, but while it goes on people have no other choice. You either don't go, or you try and buy a ticket from someone in the top priority (because they'll buy and sell it anyway, so it may as well be sold to me). If you read my posts in the Arsenal thread I state I'm not having a go at anyone, and I state that I am as guilty as others. 

However I am a supporter of the club stopping the reselling of tickets if at all possible.

As it happens I have decided to go with the hospitality option so it's all irrelevant now anyway.   

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 22:12, Cardiff_Fox said:

The train prices for this have gone up £20 over an afternoon. 

It is a journey prime for splitting tickets but remaining on the same train.

I do the reverse journey for a lot of home games-and you are spot on. If you book early enough you'd probably find it cheaper to book separate tickets between Leicester and Sheffield and then Sheffield to Huddersfield. Not sure how far in advance you have to do this though.

That being said the differences are relatively small. An off peak return is about £45, and at least this doesn't restrict you to specific train times. Anyone coming up by train-there is a couple of decent pubs in the train station. The head of steam is particularly good, and is on the transpennine ale trail. Worth stopping for a pint on your way through if you get chance.

Archived