Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Going to sleep at night and pondering the question...

The bit that gets me was pre season of the year we got promoted thinking 'When will we ever get back into Premier League' and craving to be on par with teams like West Brom or Swansea.

Our ceiling was to 'supposed' to be around 7th/8th, League Cup contention, FA Cup final maybe and a couple of European runs.

Sometimes I also think 'why us?'. There are probably around 10-15 clubs who around a similiar size so why us? Why not West Brom? Why not Sheffield Wednesday?

Final thoughts - This might come across as arrogant but, no matter if any of the top 7 with the league or champions league, no other fans of the top 7 will ever feel the level of satisfaction and emotion that we as Leicester fans felt when we won the league.

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

The bit that gets me was pre season of the year we got promoted thinking 'When will we ever get back into Premier League' and craving to be on par with teams like West Brom or Swansea.

Our ceiling was to 'supposed' to be around 7th/8th, League Cup contention, FA Cup final maybe and a couple of European runs.

Sometimes I also think 'why us?'. There are probably around 10-15 clubs who around a similiar size so why us? Why not West Brom? Why not Sheffield Wednesday?

Final thoughts - This might come across as arrogant but, no matter if any of the top 7 with the league or champions league, no other fans of the top 7 will ever feel the level of satisfaction and emotion that we as Leicester fans felt when we won the league.

Sums up how I feel/felt exactly.

On reflection I reckon it was all about momentum.

That universal unstoppable force that took over us.

It felt like we had the whole world behind us and nothing was going to get in our way.

Thats the best way I can explain it...

Troy Deeney summed it up pretty well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35955616

Our style took teams by surprised, and by the time the opposition started adapting to us we were so well honed that it didn't matter. Incredibly lucky with injuries, Kante, Vardy, Marhez and Drinkwater playing out of their skin for an entire season. Then the momentum got behind us and there was nothing anyone could do. Was it like 6 1-0 wins in a row towards the end?

1 hour ago, jim5000 said:

100% correct. We replaced him with Musa and nearly got relegated!

Kanté played a minor role. He prevented teams from exploiting our central defensive weakness in a way that simultaneously released our formidable attacking talent. But Schlupp: he was always there, seeing his tactics develop, folding his fingers together, whispering "ehhhhxcellent."

Archived