Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Going to sleep at night and pondering the question...

Just how the **** did we win the league?

I then turn my brain off and recharge it for another attempt to answer the question, again, I'm  in a mad cycle of not having a clue.

So who is to pin point for that 5000/1 shot? Or was it a mixture of lots of them all coming together at the right time, a bit like planet alignment? In no particular order these are thoughts in my head:

Steve Walsh

Some say he brought in all the players but he also had some shockers mixed in there too

Claudio Ranieri

Yes he tightened us up in defence but eventually bounced back down to Earth and surely couldn't have been the sole guy

Owners

Invested but could never in their wildest dreams imagined they'd win the league otherwise it'd be a fool proof model

Players

Just one of those weird things where they all reached their peak at exactly the same time?

Rudkin

Is he the messiah that we've all under estimated?

Shakespeare

Was really the reason why it all happened?

Stowell

The catalyst behind Shakey?

Fans

Law of attraction and it was some kind of quantum attraction?

Crazy days. How the hell will we ever unravel it? I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts and interpretations though....

In a team sport where collectively the underdogs usually fall just short when faced with a sustained period of over achieving, it's ridiculous. But someone had to do it at some point, it wasn't a fluke but it was a phenomenon. I can only assume as a club that goes from the sublime to the ridiculous we were always going to be the one freak club to do it. It's been an honour to witness it and we'll never forget it.

This was us.

It's obvious...Shakespeare. Serial winner.

League winner - League 1

League winner - Championship 

League winner - Premiership

Last 8 Champions League

First 6 games won as manager placing himself alongside greats of management.

Of course, previous contributors are right, it was a bit of lots of things. Everything came together for the most glorious victory in Premier league history.....imo

- Owners and Pearson sorted the club out.

- Walsh found the talent.

- Ranieri took the pressure off and didn't tinker

- Shakespeare got the best out the lads

- Vardy, Mahrez, Kasper and Kante were always going to reach that height on natural talent.

- The rest of them just found the form and desire of their lives.

- The fans gave them more belief, desire and incentive.

No one reason

Weird, planets aligning, never to be repeated, dream...

All of the above, plus I remember when City announced Pep was coming in and De Bruyne got injured (Jan/Feb?) thinking "ooh, hello". United were playing under van Gaal lol, Chelsea imploded under Jose and Arsenal...well were just being Arsenal. Really can't see that set of circumstances happening again. It was up for grabs and we grabbed it.    

Monks, atmosphere, confidence...we were bullet proof and happy to show it.

Claudio...ffs. Like a bumbling uncle at a wedding. Changed nothing and achieved everything by doing so...work that one out. Will never be repeated.

You can keep your eternal sunshine, the feeling of summer of 2016 will never be replicated and will forever live within me. I also have no idea how or why it happened.   

I ponder the question will we win it again sooner rather than later?

No burden of European football this season, which is a clear factor in trying to get consistent performances and if we can land our targets (Iheanacho, Sigurdsson, Smalling/Evans) and keep Riyad then...

Why not? We've done it before. We clearly have the infrastructure in place to achieve.

Let's have it.

None of my mates are Leicester fans because I've moved away and they all ask me, but I like to call it 'The Perfect Storm'.

So called big clubs in transition, momentum from the greatest escape, spirit and a beautiful little guy called N'golo.

Every football fan in the world, outside the big 6 in England, loved this.

I'll be eternally grateful that we did it, rather than Stoke, WBA or Southampton. 

Did it actually happen? 

54 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Just how the **** did we win the league?

I then turn my brain off and recharge it for another attempt to answer the question, again, I'm  in a mad cycle of not having a clue.

So who is to pin point for that 5000/1 shot? Or was it a mixture of lots of them all coming together at the right time, a bit like planet alignment? In no particular order these are thoughts in my head:

Steve Walsh

Some say he brought in all the players but he also had some shockers mixed in there too

Claudio Ranieri

Yes he tightened us up in defence but eventually bounced back down to Earth and surely couldn't have been the sole guy

Owners

Invested but could never in their wildest dreams imagined they'd win the league otherwise it'd be a fool proof model

Players

Just one of those weird things where they all reached their peak at exactly the same time?

Rudkin

Is he the messiah that we've all under estimated?

Shakespeare

Was really the reason why it all happened?

Stowell

The catalyst behind Shakey?

Fans

Law of attraction and it was some kind of quantum attraction?

Crazy days. How the hell will we ever unravel it? I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts and interpretations though....

Think there's someone missing from that list...

On another note, when I was a kid I just wanted to see us get to Division 1/Premier League and I'd die happy.

Then I wanted us to win a trophy. That was achieved when I was 17.

Never in my wildest dreams would we win the league.

Sounds selfish after that initial dream, but I want an FA Cup to complete the set 

The stars aligned...but as fans we must believe in our power as the 12th man..no doubt we played our part in the greatest miracle sport has ever seen!!! Only the Leicester, never say die attitude could carry us over the line to Premier League Champions!!!

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

On another note, when I was a kid I just wanted to see us get to Division 1/Premier League and I'd die happy.

Then I wanted us to win a trophy. That was achieved when I was 17.

Never in my wildest dreams would we win the league.

Sounds selfish after that initial dream, but I want an FA Cup to complete the set 

Not selfish at all. We should absolutely be going all out to add the FA Cup to our honours list.

1 hour ago, Grantham Fox said:

Only 2 people have said about the seasons other clubs had. They were awful (bar Spurs) and we took our opportunity. Obviously other things played a part, but I think this is also a factor.

That would be a big part of it (although Arsenal beat us twice and finished second so Spurs were no less awful!)- by the time the others cottoned on to our counter attacking style and JVs pace the momentum was pretty unstoppable 

Underestimated, even ex Leicester players like Vassell thought we would fail right up to the last 3/4 games.

Only losing 3 games all season was key to us winning the league, we had momentum from the season before and the team believed they could could beat anyone,  that continued till Christmas or just after, then it was a case of other teams having to beat us and teams around us having to win just to stay with us. The first 10 games in the prem really are key to winning it and not, as many people reckon, the period when players are finding their feet and getting match fit, that needs to be done pre-season. And next season, if we can get our shit together and other teams playing in europe, we could have a damn good chance of doing something again.

Archived