Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
aussie-fox

away to spurs (last game of season) at wembley

looking for some advice on this subject,

planning a trip to the UK for next year and i thought why fit it into the football season, cross off my wish of seeing Leicester play at wembley and attend the last game away to spurs.

question is how do i go about getting a ticket? am i likely to get a ticket? just after advice on what to do really so any help would be much appreciated.

not looking for a freebie or anything just to be shown what path to go down

I read somewhere that Tottenham were only allocating the minimum (3,000) tickets to away teams, despite the much larger capacity of Wembley. I presume every man and his dog will also want to go to Wembley so getting a ticket through Leicester channels may be tricky (unless we are relegated by then).

So, if you're not a STH with good away history, then you probably have no chance of getting one - best bet maybe to tap up Spurs friends. If they have a good season, and heaven forbid, there is something still riding on the last game for them then I'd say chances are not good at all.

But it is a long way off and you're best hope is for Spurs to have a crap season and all the daytrippers and hangers on will be giving away their wembley seats!

30 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I read somewhere that Tottenham were only allocating the minimum (3,000) tickets to away teams, despite the much larger capacity of Wembley.

I've also read this - can't understand how they're able to get away with giving 3000 tickets in a 90,000 stadium - we give 3300 to away support! That's just over 3% when the minimum is 10%. How very spursy.

EDIT: just read for grounds over 30,000 the minimum is only 3000 - still don't like it!

20 minutes ago, FraserSorensen said:

I've also read this - can't understand how they're able to get away with giving 3000 tickets in a 90,000 stadium - we give 3300 to away support! That's just over 3% when the minimum is 10%. How very spursy.

EDIT: just read for grounds over 30,000 the minimum is only 3000 - still don't like it!

They're just playing to the rules. I assume they'd rather flog tickets to their own fans and day trippers rather than having 10,000 away fans in there and drowning out the Spurs fans (actually 3000 will probably still drown out the Spurs fans).

14 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

They're just playing to the rules. I assume they'd rather flog tickets to their own fans and day trippers rather than having 10,000 away fans in there and drowning out the Spurs fans (actually 3000 will probably still drown out the Spurs fans).

I can understand the logic of them doing it, I had just (naively) assumed that it was a blanket 10%. I would have thought for grounds over 30,000 they'd reduce the minimum as a percentage (5% for example) or 3,000, whichever is higher to make it fairer but hey ho.

17 hours ago, FraserSorensen said:

I can understand the logic of them doing it, I had just (naively) assumed that it was a blanket 10%. I would have thought for grounds over 30,000 they'd reduce the minimum as a percentage (5% for example) or 3,000, whichever is higher to make it fairer but hey ho.

We might get them in the cup again :)

On 02/08/2017 at 23:07, aussie-fox said:

looking for some advice on this subject,

planning a trip to the UK for next year and i thought why fit it into the football season, cross off my wish of seeing Leicester play at wembley and attend the last game away to spurs.

question is how do i go about getting a ticket? am i likely to get a ticket? just after advice on what to do really so any help would be much appreciated.

not looking for a freebie or anything just to be shown what path to go down

If you want to guarantee a ticket that you are able to buy straight away you can buy from https://www.thomascooksport.com/event/Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Leicester-City---Premium-Seats-/-Hospitality/13100

a few pitfalls 1. It's not the cheapest option 2. Your going to be in the home end hospitality so no wearing your city shirt and thirdly You can't celebrate when we are putting the 5th goal in the back of the net 

the only positive is you will be watching city at Wembley 

Archived