Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingcarr21

Roller Coaster Tycoon Touch

34 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Is it pay to win? Like do you need to wait 10 real hours to build something?

This.

Sorry, but f**k games with in-app purchases, unlocks, wait times etc. 

Rollercoaster Tycoon - a game series I've spent many hours playing over the years - died when the IP was sold off by Atari in the mid 2000s to a series of piss-poor greedy developers. 

If you want a near-authentic RCT experience, download Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic. It's pretty much a port of the first two games and is a one-time fee (apart from a couple of expansion packs)

RCT3 is still great and available on Steam I think, and if you've got the computer to run it, (and the time to play it) Planet Coaster is incredible. Made by the guys who created RCT3 after they split with Atari.

46 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

This.

Sorry, but f**k games with in-app purchases, unlocks, wait times etc. 

Rollercoaster Tycoon - a game series I've spent many hours playing over the years - died when the IP was sold off by Atari in the mid 2000s to a series of piss-poor greedy developers. 

If you want a near-authentic RCT experience, download Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic. It's pretty much a port of the first two games and is a one-time fee (apart from a couple of expansion packs)

RCT3 is still great and available on Steam I think, and if you've got the computer to run it, (and the time to play it) Planet Coaster is incredible. Made by the guys who created RCT3 after they split with Atari.

Is this any good? I'd sooner pay a fiver for the entire game rather than having to keep shell out for transactions in the game!

I've not spent a penny on it. To unlock rides you have to find cards. you get a free card pack every 3-4 hours and if you watch a short video you get another card pack. so 2 packs every 4 hours. Ive got plenty of rides and you unlock the coasters as you level up (and then find the cards needed, which doesn't take long) Then there are challenges to complete which once you complete one it automatically gives you another one. So there is plenty to keep you occupied.

I find people only moan about these types of games when they haven't got the patience to play it. I'm loving it so far and there is absolutely no need to spend a penny.

17 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Is this any good? I'd sooner pay a fiver for the entire game rather than having to keep shell out for transactions in the game!

I've played a bit of it. It's a pretty faithful port that was overseen by Chris Sawyer himself I believe. It takes a bit of getting used to as do most PC > Tablet ports, but there's loads of content for the price you pay. 

Archived