Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Innovindil

Oculus rift

Still seems a complete gimic.

Know someone who bought one in the spring for about £400 to play Eve Valerie mainly, they used it alot for the first two weeks and then it sat on the side for the next four months. The content is still lacking in quality and quantity whilst being a premium pricetag.

If you get what you want and its value for money to you its all good, its still got a tonne of potential but that's all it still is.

53 minutes ago, SpazticChicken said:

Still seems a complete gimic.

Know someone who bought one in the spring for about £400 to play Eve Valerie mainly, they used it alot for the first two weeks and then it sat on the side for the next four months. The content is still lacking in quality and quantity whilst being a premium pricetag.

If you get what you want and its value for money to you its all good, its still got a tonne of potential but that's all it still is.

Yeah I tend to agree. It's definitely not going to appeal to everyone. Mainly getting it for racing sims but I've been told there has been some decent progress in other games being developed. 

Though at the moment I do feel that this is a little bit of a gimmick I am pretty sure that it will be the future of gaming and soon become common place. Possibly by the time the new gen consoles are released, which I'd imagine will come within the next 5-6 years.

Hopefully gives them enough time as well to make it more financially accessible to the wider market. Then developers will be more than happy to spend money on AAA rated VR titles, because they will have the audience to make money.

• 2 weeks later...

It will wear off.

I had the DK1 and DK2 Oculus development kits so you could consider me an early adopter - there just isnt a killer app to make this essential and it's still too inaccessible for mainstream.

AR is more likely to be more 'mainstream' in the future.

Archived