Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Swansea City (h) Post-Match 1-1

3 hours ago, Gerbold said:

I think I understand the emotions which are at present drowning him. He's experienced two seasons on the rise, as it were, the Great Escape and the Premier title. He, rightly so, won the highest accolade for an individual European footballer. Yet he's not come near emulating the prowess he showed then - either in consistency or technically. The team lost their way - although they still managed to progress in the Champion's League but, although the team have got back on track, he's not really with them. I've stated this recently - he doesn't appear to have the commitment and drive to play the 'ordinary' games. We didn't have an ordinary game in 2015-16 - once the ball started rolling. Give him a game where he can get some personal glory he can rise to the occasion. He needs external confirmation of his talent on a big stage - once Leicester weren't able to provide that he was looking for a level 'higher'. He thought the offers would come flying in but they didn't. Now maybe Mr Srivaddanapradha has got his valuation wrong. No-one does seem to want to pay £80m for his services. In 2015-16 he was easily worth that figure (adjusted of course) but now he's possibly seen as inconsistent, moody, individualistic and needy. Manchester City weren't prepared to go all out for him - the probable reason being that they believe he's not able to sustain the level of consistent performance the big payout would merit. They can probably afford £50m on a punt but risk another £30m and they could risk looking naive.

He's been hailed as a wunderkind - so much so that I think that's prejudiced any objectivity about reality intruding into his self-perception. He'll be surrounded by the usual crowd of fawning advisors but they are feeding a vanity he needs to get rid of. He thinks he's entitled to be picked up by a golden Bentley and swept off to wherever. Because it hasn't happened, twice, he's looking round for a scapegoat to vent all his frustration, disappointment and anger on. It has to be Leicester City. I'm sure he feels embarrassed and humiliated and those are difficult emotions for an immature man to swallow. But one of life's great lessons, if he wants to learn, is that the important thing is to look to yourself and put it right yourself. If that means apologising for his behaviour in front of the KP crowd, even though gritted teeth, and applying himself for the next five months then he shall be a man (to paraphrase Kipling). He could win an FA Cup medal and be the guy who was at the heart of the triumph. I've heard people state that he wants another Premier title medal - but that would be on the back of others who've almost already won it. Maybe he doesn't want to be the lynch-pin - too much responsibility.But If he doesn't come back and face the music then his career will be in even more of a parlous state that it's in now.

i usually don't like long posts but this was great. more of this please!:thumbup:

I thought we played much better football than we did against Watford. Annoying we didn't win but I would like to see the same team again against Man City, no point trying to contain them. I really think Diabate could cause them problems, Iheanacho is destined to score his first PL goals vs them as well. I genuinely think we're going to win.

Given time to reflect on it still a bit annoying not to win but the mahrez fallout might be another factor in it.

In fairness we had more important must win games against Swansea in April 2015 and 2016 that we took.not as much to play for as then or as Swansea had on Saturday so they got a good result this time .Fair play to em.

We come a cropper once or twice a year at home outside the so called elite so we take it on the chin.

Plenty of things that were positive. We'll put it right next time out at the king power I hope.