Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Swansea City (h) Post-Match 1-1

7 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Thank you Mahrez for fvcking up our season you piece of Shit. Man up and get back to the team you little 5 year old.

That's not called for we had quality players that played against Swansea and we had enough chances to win the game, mahrez did not play and we all know why, but you can't blame him because we can't take the good chances we had. 

Could have won on another day. 

Must have been close gor the ruled out goal. 

Diabate, Vardy and Nacho look deadly together. Can't wait to see that attack develope. 

Gray was the wrong sub today, he seems to have stagnated in his progression. We look frail with him in the team. 

Positives to take. Onwards and upwards.

Riyad who?

That first half performance alone is enough to be excited about. Yes, it is one game and yes there is a long way to go before we can truly see what life is like without Riyad.

However, in Claude Puel we have a proper manager. Someone who will "manage" the football side with a safe pair of hands and get us playing a brand of football which at times will be exciting to watch. 

Disapointed not to have put these to bed. We were a class or two above them. However, we are and under Puel will continue to move forward. Cannot wait to see who he adds in the summer. For now though, no reason why the top 7 is not achievable. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Think You are in the minority - could be a minority of one I think !

Nah, seriously, Wilf is still too raw. He turns over the ball too much and more importantly he interrupts a good flow of play. It is not very obvious with him so I understand why people cheer for him, and I do too, but Iborra is in a different class. He is composed, moves into position better in terms of helping teammates, and his passing is much more accurate and purposeful. If you watch the replays carefully, you will see what I mean. I think otherwise the tram we put out was good. Just need to change Wilf with Iborra. 

5 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Nah, seriously, Wilf is still too raw. He turns over the ball too much and more importantly he interrupts a good flow of play. It is not very obvious with him so I understand why people cheer for him, and I do too, but Iborra is in a different class. He is composed, moves into position better in terms of helping teammates, and his passing is much more accurate and purposeful. If you watch the replays carefully, you will see what I mean. I think otherwise the tram we put out was good. Just need to change Wilf with Iborra. 

I don't agree that he is too raw, he is often MOTM with many on here, sometimes me too but I'd agree his arms and legs style can look a bit cumbersome at times and his forward game is not the most dynamic in the league. That said, he is our only midfield player that has 90 minutes in him for the most part, so he has to play. Iborra looks a better choice than James certainly and the midfield is less compact when he plays. 

I would hope that at some point Claude may dare playing N'didi, Silva and Iborra at the same time one day and really open up the middle of the pitch instead of using Dragovic or Maguire as the third man the midfield two look for every game.

We need to be looking at getting Diabate, Vardy Iheanacho understanding each other’s game, whilst N’Didi, Chilwell, Gray continue to develop, we are virtually safe, have a great run of home games, plus Brighton, Palace West Brom away, we will finish top ten, should finish 7th, could win the FA Cup, we all surely would have taken that after the 1-1 draw with West Brom.

Mahrez is (will) gone.

Lets all move on....couple of quality additions we are in pretty good shape.....

As Puel says this was another 2 points lost. Just like the away game at Chelsea Swansea should have been dead and buried by halftime.

We just haven't got that killer instinct to finish games off and it has cost us many points this season.

Had these chances been taken we could easily be in 6th spot.

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That was an incredible assist by Iheanacho, showed another side to his game.... shame about his miss, which he really should have burried.

Not really sure he meant it. The way he initially moves with the ball suggests he miscontrolled it and it ran too far ahead of him, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

9 minutes ago, shen said:

Not really sure he meant it. The way he initially moves with the ball suggests he miscontrolled it and it ran too far ahead of him, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yes that was my thought. He was knocking it threw for himself. He is a traditional unashamed greedy striker. Ala his first goal at Peterborough, when Harvey Barnes was in acres.

13 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can anyone give me a sensible explanation behind L1 giving God Save The Queen an airing today?

I think it was God save YOUR gracious Queen to wind up the Welsh Nationalists. The Barmy Army sing the same out here in Oz during the Ashes tours.

Edit: Always makes me laugh.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Slightly frustrating that Fuchs is basically the only player in the whole squad who can cross a ball (or even take a corner) on a consistent basis. 

Albrighton second-best: some worldies sure, but half the time he fails to beat the first man or simply whacks it into an empty box without looking. 

So frustrating to watch, even if given our lack of height yesterday it was all a slightly pointless endeavour. 

16 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Kasper where the **** were you once again for a corner a few yds out in the middle of the goal.

He IS a liability 

I have no idea who does the training for set pieces but we have been shit at both attacking and defending for years. Not helped by Kasper scared to move off his line. The only year we were good at defending them is when Morgan and Huth would just bully defenders in the box, before refs clamped down on that.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I have no idea who does the training for set pieces but we have been shit at both attacking and defending for years. Not helped by Kasper scared to move off his line. The only year we were good at defending them is when Morgan and Huth would just bully defenders in the box, before refs clamped down on that.

Well having seen the way Fuchs was playing musical statues at that corner, in the case of him being in the team on a match day, the solution may be to play music over the tannoy whenever the opposition has a corner, to keep him moving and on his toes!

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Yes that was my thought. He was knocking it threw for himself. He is a traditional unashamed greedy striker. Ala his first goal at Peterborough, when Harvey Barnes was in acres.

Two things:

1. Watch the highlights in slow-mo. He obviously meant it. It was very deliberate. The highlights put it beyond doubt.

2. Iheanacho is anything but greedy. For the most part Iheanacho is a perfect forward as in he always seems to know when to pass and when to shoot. That's why he has so much assists to couple his goals. Were it not for Diabate's offside and miss he would have had two-three assists yesterday. The Barnes situation was an anomaly, but well... he scored.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Two things:

1. Watch the highlights in slow-mo. He obviously meant it. It was very deliberate. The highlights put it beyond doubt.

2. Iheanacho is anything but greedy. For the most part Iheanacho is a perfect forward as in he always seems to know when to pass and when to shoot. That's why he has so much assists to couple his goals. Were it not for Diabate's offside and miss he would have had two-three assists yesterday. The Barnes situation was an anomaly, but well... he scored.

I disagree. But please be assured it's not a criticism of Nacho. A certain Mr Kane likes to singularly take pot shots. He's not bad is he?

Definitely two points lost. The two halves were like chalk and cheese. We never played second half with the same intensity as first. Big mistake taking Malachi off, I thought he was having a very good game. His movement was good and he brought other's into the game.

Gray seems to be struggling for form and may need to move on in the Summer.

Frustrating reading the reports this morning ...  some are accurate and up to date but others still say if we hadn't pissed Mahrez off we would have won the game.  Yes we MIGHT have been better with him playing (depending on which Mahrez turned up) but we really should have won that one anyway.   A better finish from the ever improving Nacho man or Fuchs watching his man ...   or even Kasper coming off his line, and the game would have been comfortably ours.   The new boy looks very lively and I'm looking forward to watching his progress (great smile too!) ...   Silva is losing his ring rust and allowing me to forget that benchwarmer chap ..  whats his name again ?? ...    JV still scoring ..  and not a sulky fookin face in sight.   :)

P.S.  Watched MOTD this morning ...  Danny the gob Murphy really gets on my t1ts ...    he has a very expensive protection dog from just down the road from me ...    a Leicester dog ...   hope the bloody thing bites you !  

4 hours ago, shen said:

If that was a miscontrol he's got the worst first touch in football.