Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Swansea City (h) Post-Match 1-1

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Frustrating reading the reports this morning ...  some are accurate and up to date but others still say if we hadn't pissed Mahrez off we would have won the game.  Yes we MIGHT have been better with him playing (depending on which Mahrez turned up) but we really should have won that one anyway.   A better finish from the ever improving Nacho man or Fuchs watching his man ...   or even Kasper coming off his line, and the game would have been comfortably ours.   The new boy looks very lively and I'm looking forward to watching his progress (great smile too!) ...   Silva is losing his ring rust and allowing me to forget that benchwarmer chap ..  whats his name again ?? ...    JV still scoring ..  and not a sulky fookin face in sight.   :)

P.S.  Watched MOTD this morning ...  Danny the gob Murphy really gets on my t1ts ...    he has a very expensive protection dog from just down the road from me ...    a Leicester dog ...   hope the bloody thing bites you !  

Has Danny Murphy ever made such insulting comments about other teams who are worse than us? I don't think he has.

It's terrible how he is allowed to get away with it and seems to have a nasty glint in his eye when praising Mahrez and berating us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Has Danny Murphy ever made such insulting comments about other teams who are worse than us? I don't think he has.

It's terrible how he is allowed to get away with it and seems to have a nasty glint in his eye when praising Mahrez and berating us.

Someone should buy the ugly git a bar of soap - looks like he needs it 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Fer and Bony both out for season and beyond with injuries picked up yesterday . Didn't look too bad at the time but serious in Fer's case . At least Bony can spend the time eating - looked a bit undernourished I thought 

Bony by name but not by nature!

15 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I remember with about half a dozen games to go in the title season, Lineker asked the summarisers if Leicester could win the league. Shearer said "yes", Murphy said "no", and when asked why not, he just shrugged and said, "they just can't".

The phrase 'stealing a living' was invented for the tosser.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gerbold said:

After he said that Mahrez had "outgrown" Leicester and was "too good" for us I literally cannot watch the smug, sour-faced Gollum - I have to switch over. That makes the long list of stupid, self-opinionated pundits and summarisers I can't abide one member greater. If they'd only keep their gobs shut instead of going on and on about our limitations.

Stick yer head above the parapet in this League and you'll get shot down by all manner of tossers who want you to get back where you belong - so they can rabbit on about Yanited and Arsenul and Chelsea...and those tossers who used to play at Maine Road.

I could imagine them getting together and launching a civil suit against City -  the charge being 'Crimes against the monopolisation of Premier League football'

I know I'm preaching to the converted with you Gerbold, but for what it's worth, I don't know where to begin with Murphy and his cronies...

Even Shearer (who usually condemns diva behaviour) disappointed me last night when he said he could "understand Mahrez's anger"... Nobody, not even Lineker has shown any sympathy towards the other LCFC players and the betrayal they must be feeling, let alone the fans..

Just trying to refresh myself on the facts, but it was something like this: On Tuesday, the eve of our PL match vs Everton and the eve of the transfer window close, Mahrez purposely skips training and conveniently hands in a transfer request. The following day removes himself from the squad, thereby not travelling to Everton (This in itself surely shows treachery of the highest nature, yet it's just glossed over and projected onto LCFC!), only to be disappointed when we stand firm and don't allow him to go to City in exchange for much less than his market value. That's not even mentioning we wanted him to honour the next 2 years of his contract. We then lose at Goodison, the team looking visibly distracted in the process. Mahrez then announces, via a "friend" that he is "going on strike" and will not return to training with LCFC. Puel is left with no alternative but to plan the next few days of training for the Swansea game without him, having to start Diabate (who has had no PL experience, literally coming from the 2nd tier of French football) in place of what was a very consistent and peaking Mahrez... The rest we know of course.

I wonder why Danny Murphy has chosen to ignore all of this, instead choosing to sympathise with Mahrez?! I also wonder, had he played for say Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs and pulled the same stunt, what the narrative coming out of his and other pundits mouths would be? Would it be the same, with 90% of their view being that Mahrez has been treated terribly by LCFC? Or would it be the exact opposite? I just wonder...

I'm loathe to bandy about conspiracy theories, but going by the words and general sentiment of mainstream football pundits, their lack of empathy towards our situation leads me to think we really didn't read the script in 2015/16.

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

I know I'm preaching to the converted with you Gerbold, but for what it's worth, I don't know where to begin with Murphy and his cronies...

Even Shearer (who usually condemns diva behaviour) disappointed me last night when he said he could "understand Mahrez's anger"... Nobody, not even Lineker has shown any sympathy towards the other LCFC players and the betrayal they must be feeling, let alone the fans..

Just trying to refresh myself on the facts, but it was something like this: On Tuesday, the eve of our PL match vs Everton and the eve of the transfer window close, Mahrez purposely skips training and conveniently hands in a transfer request. The following day removes himself from the squad, thereby not travelling to Everton (This in itself surely shows treachery of the highest nature, yet it's just glossed over and projected onto LCFC!), only to be disappointed when we stand firm and don't allow him to go to City in exchange for much less than his market value. That's not even mentioning we wanted him to honour the next 2 years of his contract. We then lose at Goodison, the team looking visibly distracted in the process. Mahrez then announces, via a "friend" that he is "going on strike" and will not return to training with LCFC. Puel is left with no alternative but to plan the next few days of training for the Swansea game without him, having to start Diabate (who has had no PL experience, literally coming from the 2nd tier of French football) in place of what was a very consistent and peaking Mahrez... The rest we know of course.

I wonder why Danny Murphy has chosen to ignore all of this, instead choosing to sympathise with Mahrez?! I also wonder, had he played for say Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs and pulled the same stunt, what the narrative coming out of his and other pundits mouths would be? Would it be the same, with 90% of their view being that Mahrez has been treated terribly by LCFC? Or would it be the exact opposite? I just wonder...

I'm loathe to bandy about conspiracy theories, but going by the words and general sentiment of mainstream football pundits, their lack of empathy towards our situation leads me to think we really didn't read the script in 2015/16.

He did say that, but then he also went on to say that he should now step up, get back to work and honor his contract & club.

To  be fair i can understand Mahrez's anger too. i dont think Shearer was condemning anything. At least thats how i saw it. 

Danny Murphy played for Liverpool AND Spurs - two clubs craving that elusive first Premier League title. No wonder he despises (the ambition of) those upstart 2015/16 Champions of England with a green-eyed passion.

12 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

Just trying to refresh myself on the facts, but it was something like this: On Tuesday, the eve of our PL match vs Everton and the eve of the transfer window close, Mahrez purposely skips training and conveniently hands in a transfer request. The following day removes himself from the squad, thereby not travelling to Everton (This in itself surely shows treachery of the highest nature, yet it's just glossed over and projected onto LCFC!), only to be disappointed when we stand firm and don't allow him to go to City in exchange for much less than his market value. That's not even mentioning we wanted him to honour the next 2 years of his contract. We then lose at Goodison, the team looking visibly distracted in the process. Mahrez then announces, via a "friend" that he is going on strike and will not return to training with LCFC. Puel is left with no alternative but to plan the next few days of training for the Swansea game without him, having to start Diabate (who has had no PL experience, literally coming from the 2nd tier of French football) in place of what was a very consistent and peaking Mahrez... The rest we know of course.

I wonder why Danny Murphy has chosen to ignore all of this, instead choosing to sympathise with Mahrez?! I also wonder, had he played for say Arsenal, Liverpool or Spurs and pulled the same stunt, what the narrative coming out of his and other pundits mouths would be? Would it be the same, with 90% of their view being that Mahrez has been treated terribly by LCFC? Or would it be the exact opposite?

Danny Murphy just hates us. Jealous.

Keown is the only one i've seen who has defended the club

All these pros defending Mahrez need to just come out and say they dont believe the same rules should apply to all clubs

43 minutes ago, Buce said:

I remember with about half a dozen games to go in the title season, Lineker asked the summarisers if Leicester could win the league. Shearer said "yes", Murphy said "no", and when asked why not, he just shrugged and said, "they just can't".

The phrase 'stealing a living' was invented for the tosser.

Tough for him to get a sentence out without belching .........  quite unpleasant 

15 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

He did say that, but then he also went on to say that he should now step up, get back to work and honor his contract & club.

To  be fair i can understand Mahrez's anger too. i dont think Shearer was condemning anything. At least thats how i saw it. 

He did say that yes, but I feel it nullified it somewhat by him saying that he could "understand...".

Where I differ with you is that I can't truly understand Mahrez's perspective. He may have wanted to go previously, but the fact is that he signed a contract until 2020 and in recent months, with the appointment of Puel and the way we are starting to see a genuine technical progression under him, there was a real chance that we could creep into a European slot by the end of the season. Why not just go then, in the meantime, helping us to finish as high up the table as possible. Even then, he would'nt have honoured his contract in full so he'd still be going to Man City with the upper hand anyway.

Just to ask you - What do you think it says about Mahrez's nature when he said nothing after the Huddersfield win (Jan 3rd) about wanting a transfer request? Then purposely waiting up until the eve of the window close, handing in a transfer request and deliberately skipping training for the Everton match which we then lost.

You don't think that makes him look extremely cynical and devious? Treacherous even? I'll always admire his talent and be grateful to his contributions to our success, but his behaviour has really left me feeling disturbed and it will surely always stick to his legacy now.

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Danny Murphy just hates us. Jealous.

Keown is the only one i've seen who has defended the club

All these pros defending Mahrez need to just come out and say they dont believe the same rules should apply to all clubs

That's it in a nutshell.

I hope someone like Keown, has the balls to challenge Murphy or Wright and echo that exact same sentiment. Won't hold my breath though.

11 minutes ago, Kendal Fox said:

He did say that yes, but I feel it nullified it somewhat by him saying that he could "understand...".

Where I differ with you is that I can't truly understand Mahrez's perspective. He may have wanted to go previously, but the fact is that he signed a contract until 2020 and in recent months, with the appointment of Puel and the way we are starting to see a genuine technical progression under him, there was a real chance that we could creep into a European slot by the end of the season. Why not just go then, in the meantime, helping us to finish as high up the table as possible. Even then, he would'nt have honoured his contract in full so he'd still be going to Man City with the upper hand anyway.

Just to ask you - What do you think it says about Mahrez's nature when he said nothing after the Huddersfield win (Jan 3rd) about wanting a transfer request? Then purposely waiting up until the eve of the window close, handing in a transfer request and deliberately skipping training for the Everton match which we then lost.

You don't think that makes him look extremely cynical and devious? Treacherous even? I'll always admire his talent and be grateful to his contributions to our success, but his behaviour has really left me feeling disturbed and it will surely always stick to his legacy now.

I do get what you are saying and agree 100% with your post. Everything about the saga has left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Mahrez as a person has been disrespectful to  the club, the players and the fans. He was one of my all time fave players (including the likes of Izzet, Lennon etc) I dont even know if i want to see him play for my club anymore. 

But looking at it from an outside perspective (like Shearer is) you can get why he said he can understand him feeling the way it does. That doesnt make it right though. And i appreciated the fact he did follow on with the fact he now needs to honour his contract and get his hairy ass back to work. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I do get what you are saying and agree 100% with your post. Everything about the saga has left a bad taste in my mouth. 

Mahrez as a person has been disrespectful to  the club, the players and the fans. He was one of my all time fave players (including the likes of Izzet, Lennon etc) I dont even know if i want to see him play for my club anymore. 

But looking at it from an outside perspective (like Shearer is) you can get why he said he can understand him feeling the way it does. That doesnt make it right though. And i appreciated the fact he did follow on with the fact he now needs to honour his contract and get his hairy ass back to work. 

I guess at the moment, I'm just upset that there is almost no reflection of the way Mahrez has betrayed us. Perhaps that is overriding me acknowledging the likes of Shearer and Neville saying Mahrez should honour his contract. Even then though, he won't have honoured it if he leaves in the Summer which he will definitely be doing.

I agree with you that, I too, don't know if I want to see him play for us again. Still think had he been an Arsenal or Liverpool player and done this, the pundits would be saying what he had done was unforgiveable though.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2018 at 16:54, EastAnglianFox said:

Different team that came out for the 2nd half, in a real dog fight with Everton and Burnley now considering our next league game

You need to include IN-FORM Bournemouth now - up to 9th after 15 points from 7 unbeaten (wins against Arsenal & Chelsea).

With Mahrez sulking and our best player (Defour) out for the season, I can see the Cherries finishing 7th if they avoid bad injuries.

At the halfway stage, B'mouth W4 D4 L11......now W8 D7 L11.

Edited by lancyclaret

The disallowed goal was the correct decision in the laws of the game. However the officiating by the officials was absolutely shambolic. 

Firstly Taylor doesn’t take notice of the offside flag. He then waves play on which means the game progressing. 

The linesmen rather than stay on the spot with his flag up, with the acknowledgment of the waving of play on. He runs from his position and carries on. 

Its only once a good twenty to thirty seconds pass, the goal is scored that the pair of them get their crap together. 

Now, some might say the linesmen buzzer broke on his flag but there are officials at the very lowest levels what can spot an offside flag. The linesmen showed no conviction of his decision making. It was an absolute shambles by them.

Thankfully the right decision prevails. However you wouldn’t expect to see that kind of incompetence at an organised league level. This wasn’t a decision which can be defined either way. It was just plain crap. Taylor and the linesmen should be dropped for a couple of games from the Premier League but they will be back on duty next week. 

4 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

To understand Mahrez's perspective you need to understand that of his agent!

7 hours ago, surrifox said:

Fer and Bony both out for season and beyond with injuries picked up yesterday . Didn't look too bad at the time but serious in Fer's case . At least Bony can spend the time eating - looked a bit undernourished I thought 

Aberta Wael! (Poor Swansea)..

Seriously - Bony was very unlucky as he was just running, whilst Fer was involved in a strong challenge.

If Mourinho or Klopp was the manager for these players in the team, they would've gone full-ape about it and claiming Leicester are a dirty side etc.

Carvalhal seemed calm in explaining the injury situation at the time.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

6 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

One more PL, possibly a UCL and the FA Cup (even if he doesn't play since already cup tied) in one season. One chance in a lifetime and that's what made him snap out. No matter if just for Sané's injury, he seems to think that he can force his way to ManCity's starting XI (he has a real chance) if given the opportunity.

Nothing treacherous, he was clear about wanting to go, transfer request or not. But totally unprofessional. Not showing up for Everton's training I could forgive since he wouldn't play against Everton because of negociations. But Swansea and the rest of the drama? Yeah, no.

Thinking that the club will never let him go and will change his price tag so no one will put a bid on him, and very probably on advice of the fckers around him, he chose the hard way. Threw his toys, even if if cut him from the fans and tarnished his legacy. He certainly consider himself as not having anything more to lose. Which is a mistake.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can we assume you actually meant Morgan? 

Maguire is higher risk for me. I'm not saying he isn't good on the ball, clearly he is, but when he is our top dribbler, well that is just weird.

With Drago it is almost always to feet, which is how I like it. ;)