Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Swansea City (h) Post-Match 1-1

34 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

We haven't, sure I can find examples of other clubs having a recalcitrant star player rot in the reserves for a while, though.

I honestly don't see how it'll benefit the club in the long term, though. Even if it does prevent players from messing us around in the same way it'll mean more simply won't want to come here.

Our immense wealth will attract the players though :) 

To me the worst thing about this match was yet another set piece goal being given up.  Problem was not addressed in the transfer window so look for that to continue to cost this team points from now through end of season.  It seems like this club is close to really taking off, yet consistently gets dragged down by one or two key breakdowns per match.  That's when you need to start making roster changes because it's not going to improve. To Swansea's credit, they were playing well entering the match, they stunk the first half and came out with just enough grit to take advantage of the one inevitable breakdown the Foxes would have.  I actually thought Claude's changes were the right ones and did help the cause but they were just unlucky.  Tactically it appeared that Swansea was bottling up the middle, why we weren't playing to the wings and having the wings attack off the dribble didn't make sense.  They were scared of our pace the first half and rightly so.  Especially with Gray in there, go at them and attack via the ground.

Edited by TeaMen Tom
  • Like 1

Our best crosser is actually Fuchs. Too bad he's no winger.

Albrighton will put one, maybe 2 in the box per game and that's it. What's the point anyways since no one is going to net them.

We might as well find a winger who can beat his man and link-up with the forwards with short passes on the floor.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Our best crosser is actually Fuchs. Too bad he's no winger.

Albrighton will put one, maybe 2 in the box per game and that's it. What's the point anyways since no one is going to net them.

We might as well find a winger who can beat his man and link-up with the forwards with short passes on the floor.

Agree. And the amount of times Albrighton crosses blind is unreal. He is so frustrating.

Some lovely football in the first half and frustrating not to be further ahead at the break. 

We came out second half and took an age to get going which gave Swansea the impetus they needed to equalise. Poor marking but I want my keeper coming for inswinging balls into the 6 yard box. Too often this happens and as good as Kasper is at shot stopping this and free kick positioning is a real weakness. 

Silva was shot and needed to come off 5 minutes earlier. Unfortunately we didn’t have a lot of exciting options on the bench and the Swansea back 9 kept us at bay. 

After a really tough and frustrating week at least we got a point and can now properly regroup for a big finish to the season with or without Mahrez. 

As usual a whole load frustration filled nonsense on here.

At times we were outstanding but we made the mistake of letting the disallowed goal deflate is-though the crowd did the same.  We were recovering well when Silva and Nacho, who were playing well, were taken off, and we went flat again. This emboldened Swansea to hang on.

It hardly changes the fact that we look a better team now than at any time since we won the Prem. We are also a stronger club and certainly a richer one. In the end Leicester City are a club on the up and a mixed second half against Swansea won't change that.

First half was quite encouraging. However, we have several issues which can't be sorted until the summer.

But What was said by Puel at half time?Second half we were terrible and didn't manage a single shot on target against one of the worst sides I've seen this season. As far as I can see the Jan transfer window has left us weaker and with fewer options. We've shipped a load out on loan (not sold them) and now we don't have adequate cover in some areas.

Why on earth was Iheanacho taken off. By far his best game for us and once he went Vardy was even more isolated.

James, sorry but simply not the man to bring on when we need to create anything. Can't think of a single thing he contributed today. Same with Gray who seems to be going backwards. Fuchs was ok but lost his man for the goal. This happened quite a bit last season.Personally think a new left back is needed in the summer. Simpson as usual offers nothing in an attacking sense.

Albrighton was basically poor most of the time.Got in good positions but his crosses seldom beat the first defender.

Set pieces. We can't defend them and having a corner is pretty much a waste of time.

Diabate shoed promise but no ore than that and has a lot to learn about positioning.

Overall not too bad but we should have won and the losss of Mahrez simply leaves a hole to big to fill with the current squad.

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

First half was quite encouraging. However, we have several issues which can't be sorted until the summer.

But What was said by Puel at half time?Second half we were terrible and didn't manage a single shot on target against one of the worst sides I've seen this season. As far as I can see the Jan transfer window has left us weaker and with fewer options. We've shipped a load out on loan (not sold them) and now we don't have adequate cover in some areas.

Why on earth was Iheanacho taken off. By far his best game for us and once he went Vardy was even more isolated.

James, sorry but simply not the man to bring on when we need to create anything. Can't think of a single thing he contributed today. Same with Gray who seems to be going backwards. Fuchs was ok but lost his man for the goal. This happened quite a bit last season.Personally think a new left back is needed in the summer. Simpson as usual offers nothing in an attacking sense.

Albrighton was basically poor most of the time.Got in good positions but his crosses seldom beat the first defender.

Set pieces. We can't defend them and having a corner is pretty much a waste of time.

Diabate shoed promise but no ore than that and has a lot to learn about positioning.

Overall not too bad but we should have won and the losss of Mahrez simply leaves a hole to big to fill with the current squad.

Managers have to make the big calls. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. I don't think we got worse due to the substitutions to be fair. Lack of quality from the front four was the problem today. 

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Managers have to make the big calls. Sometimes they work, sometimes not. I don't think we got worse due to the substitutions to be fair. Lack of quality from the front four was the problem today. 

Maybe but the lack of creative players is an issue for me. We urgently need to address this in the summer. We have no one in the centre of midfield who can create anythingwith perhaps the exception of Silva (yet to be 100% convinced of this) and a midfield bereft of goal scoring players.

Just now, reynard said:

Maybe but the lack of creative players is an issue for me. We urgently need to address this in the summer. We have no one in the centre of midfield who can create anythingwith perhaps the exception of Silva (yet to be 100% convinced of this) and a midfield bereft of goal scoring players.

Of course but to win games you need to carry an attacking threat. Only Vardy fits this bill and he's having to adjust to the new style of play.   

Just now, l444ry said:

Of course but to win games you need to carry an attacking threat. Only Vardy fits this bill and he's having to adjust to the new style of play.   

I think he's very isolated at present though. He made some runs today but we didn't have anyone sharp enough to spot them. Maybe he and Ihenacho would work long time but very much a work in progress.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, reynard said:

Agree bar Albrighton. 

Miserable second half - and cold and damp in the stands. 

Game should've been over in the first half. Had a feeling we'd ease off because it was so comfortable and it cost us, typically through careless defending.

Can't fault the effort or desire to create but the opportunity was lost through our own issues. First half was very enjoyable, best we've played at home for a while.