Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Swansea City (h) Post-Match 1-1

Difficult to recall a first half in which we have been so dominant and in control (and yes, without Mahrez). We played some really lovely stuff in the first 45 against a packed defence. But as in so many games under Puel, we can't string two decent halves together.

And as for our defending at corners, this is getting silly now. As is Albrighton's persistent failure to look up and pick out a blue shirt with his crosses.

I presume the lumbering James was brought on for Silva because of the latter's lack of stamina, but my heart sank when that happened. James defines the term 'bang average'. Silva has real class.

Two unnecessary points dropped.

Should have buried them, but as usual conceded a poor goal and then our organisation went out of the window. Very sloppy second half, very disappointing result..... 

The Mahrez talk is rather simple, he is the only player good enough to pull something out of the bag under circumstances like today. There’s no hiding the fact we’re a far, far weaker team without him.

Edited by Callabinho

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Albrighton has started putting crosses in a lot the moment we got rid of Slimani

His lack of quality crossing frustrates me, people talk about his crossing, ok he puts the odd good/ great ball in, but manly hits the first man, or too long, or a bit of hit and hope about them.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I would beg to differ - I'm sure there's more than one example of this happening before and it not stopping player behaviour of this type.

It just seems totally counterproductive to me beyond satiating the desire of some fans to see "punishment", and in the long term it isn't a good thing for the club, which comes first in this regard.

We’ve utterly ruined two years of a players career before? 

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Based on the fact we won't go down and that whilst we are still in the cup it doesn't matter who comes 7th.

We won't come 7th by the way.

If the teams not capable of slightly bettering Burnley over 12 games we aren't going through spurs Man U Manchester City and Chelsea to win a cup competition. 7th is easily the most achievable of the two. 

although I agree I don't think we will manage either.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

5 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

We’ve utterly ruined two years of a players career before? 

We haven't, sure I can find examples of other clubs having a recalcitrant star player rot in the reserves for a while, though.

I honestly don't see how it'll benefit the club in the long term, though. Even if it does prevent players from messing us around in the same way it'll mean more simply won't want to come here.

22 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Albrighton has started putting crosses in a lot the moment we got rid of Slimani

Albrighton has always been putting in crosses it's just he's normally the one to make way as we bring slim or Leo on. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chester Dontlie said:

,We shouldn't be looking at the stats for too long, that's what Tottenham supporters do... They take a peek at their stats and feel entitled to win the league etc lol

Stats prove nothing in the long term, which is why it annoys me when pundits say things like "Swansea haven't won against Leicester since... whenever.

Whatever has happened before means fvck all. We are living in the present, not the past. (Take note Liverpool fans ((and some of our own)). We might have had the superior shots, passes, assists, distance run, but that's nothing if you don't win the game. That's a Roy Hodgson perspective, and that's not realistic.

39 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Where the f*%k, was He against Palace,,Watford,and other Games where we lost Points!!!

Some utter crap,being posted on todays Game.Still negative,downer Posts.

Not Just for Mahrez's Position, but the Team,and the subs,we're Set Up totally different

Today. We Seen Puel Change,our approach. This side was the 1st time they played together,

But, you could See the players  and  Touchline wanted it today..what a shift from Fuchs.

I enjoyed today,I am excited for the future,because we have a squad that performs,unlike

One year ago.We are Not stuck on Plan A,then A1. Puel/Appleton have/are showing us,there

are some great days ahead...with or without Mahrez.

Posters can fking grind their  miserery and negative heads Into the ground,but I Seen another

Story unfold today, I seen 3 new players get their real 1st starts,I Seen the team give their all.

I am watching the seasons new manager and His lieutenants,Take the Moment..

We made that one mistake....but we didnt let it Drift,we tried, we used the flanks,we tried the

Middle,Swansea Just Held on,but defended Well.  Today this new Design and model off the

Block,just didnt quite have the answer,but I Saw more positives,and If it has to be Mahrez

can stay,play,or move on.I Saw a group of players,who can do well without him,they shown

their own future potential might just have more to say.

This ist a new group,being rebuilt,Support it,dont over analyse every Single Moment,

there are more things to come..Forget you are miserable east-midlanders for once

and be positive,a few new doors we're opened today..

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and think you missed my earlier quite positive post.

Sometimes you need a locksmith and not a battering ram to open the door. 

Just about warmed up enough to type again... Obviously really disappointed not to get the win. I like to find the positives though - I felt Nacho and Vardy worked better today and I have a lot more hope in that partnership for the future. Diabate and Nacho seem to already be forming a good link between them which you can see leading to goals. Diabate definitely looks a great signing - real team player, was always moving off the ball to find space (frustratingly others didn't seem to spot it a lot of the time). Just need a bit of time for Silva, Diabate and Nacho to settle in more and I can see more goals flowing.

43 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Difficult to recall a first half in which we have been so dominant and in control (and yes, without Mahrez). We played some really lovely stuff in the first 45 against a packed defence. But as in so many games under Puel, we can't string two decent halves together.

And as for our defending at corners, this is getting silly now. As is Albrighton's persistent failure to look up and pick out a blue shirt with his crosses.

I presume the lumbering James was brought on for Silva because of the latter's lack of stamina, but my heart sank when that happened. James defines the term 'bang average'. Silva has real class.

Two unnecessary points dropped.

Nothing against James in general but he’s never going to break down a team so it was a really weird choice. Overall the subs had little to no impact which is worrying. Gray gets worse the more he plays. Iborra for his passing and height should have come on. 

Frustrating 2nd half, there was something inevitable about it.

I'd like to thank the hordes of people who made to leave, only to block up the steps beside me because we were getting balls in the box, meaning those trying to leave my row ended up in front of me. If you're going to leave early (although why you would at 1-1 is beyond me), then damn well leave, and don't impair those of us choosing to see the match out.

• Like 1