Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 1-1 Stoke City - Vote Now

6 hours ago, MattP said:

Maguire and Mahrez 7.

Albrighton, Diabate and Morgan 6.

James, Kasper, Vardy 5.

Chilwell, Ndidi, Gray, Iheanacho and Simpson 4.

Puel 4 - No idea what he is doing at the minute, formation again wasn't right and he seems incapable of changing the team in a positive way which is worrying. Not making all three changes was absolutely criminal.

Agree with all that, MP.

5 & 6s all round. Mediocre, but we could have won but for an excellent save from butland and saving tackle from Indi(?)

Oliver was gash though. Adams came on for them, threw his studs into Morgans hip, put in an tackle charitably called agricultural on the edge of the box and grabbed I think it was grey in a bearhug to stop a break. Enough for two reds there but only just got a yellow.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Some of the negative comments about Albrighton in this thread are incredibly harsh - and not just because he worked hard, as usual.  Although his crosses were largely ineffective, he created good openings for others with some incisive passes and link ups in midfield and even when we're struggling and he's not having a great game he never hides but keeps trying to make things happen. That's how the goal came out through a good interchange between him and Mahrez. True, he's not got Mahrez's skill and ability but he brings so much to the team in other ways. 

His problem is that his long passes seem so wasteful. I lost count of how many times he tried a long ball over the top after a cut inside, and I don't remember any of them coming off. I'd rather us keep the ball and pass it around some more than lump it forward seemingly aimlessly.

12 hours ago, Beechey said:

His problem is that his long passes seem so wasteful. I lost count of how many times he tried a long ball over the top after a cut inside, and I don't remember any of them coming off. I'd rather us keep the ball and pass it around some more than lump it forward seemingly aimlessly.

The problem was we were being allowed to keep the ball and knock it around by Stoke we had to try something and those high risk high reward balls are sometimes the only option. The movement from Gray and Vardy was poor, we badly missed Okazaki in my opinion, Mahrez has his moments, Albrighton worked hard and tried to make something happen. Sometimes keeping possession for the sake of it is the worst thing to do. They had Gray and Vardy covered all game, Mahrez worked a few openings but passing it around waiting for an opening didn’t look like working, I would rather Albrighton tried something risky and it didn’t come off than just shuttle the ball sideways.

• Like 1