Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Match Ratings : Leicester City 1-1 Stoke City - Vote Now

Schmeichel(4) - Sort your kicking out you plank.

Simpson(4) - Hoof ball merchant.

Morgan(6) - Didn't do anything wrong, pretty solid.

Maguire(6) - Same as Wes, those two were the best of a bad bunch.

Chilwell(5) - Didn't think he was as bad as others but overall he was bang average...again.

Mahrez(5) - A few moments of brilliance but kept giving the ball away and should've scored.

Ndidi(4) - Extremely disappointing, kept passing sideways, didn't stand out defensively either.

James(4) - Didn't think he was too bad first half, second half though he was abysmal, kept losing second balls.

Albrighton(4) - Huffed and puffed as usual, got a lucky assist but 99% of his crosses were fvcking awful.

Gray(2) - Did fvck all.

Vardy(2) - May have been isolated but he put in zero work, looked surprisingly lazy.

Kasper  6  ok..did what he had to ,which was not a lot ..distribution better

Simpson  5 ...ok in defence ..but has limitations as a premier league full back as he offers nothing going forward

Morgan  5.. looked  a bit rusty..slow to close shaqiri down ..sadly i think we have seen the best of him..

Maguire  7..Good in defence and assured going forward..

Chilwell  6  Much better in defence  but his crossing was again dissapointing

Ndidi   7  Challenged for everything...still only 21 but matched up well against a physical Stoke side

James  6  ok..but another one with limitations as regards creativity..

Mahrez  6  Class ..but looks as though he he cant wait for the next transfer window

Albrighton 6  Gave his all as usual ..but his crossing was woeful

Gray  5  Looks low on confidence...confused as to what his role in the team is

Vardy 5  Apart from distracting their goalie for our equaliser did nothing..Stoke defence nullified him

Diabate  6 looked lively when he came on..but Stoke players no doubt tired by then

Ineahacho  n/a cant remember him touching the ball

Puel 5  10 corners  about 30 crosses ..but no ariel threat up front ..the Stoke centre backs had it too easy

4s for Schmeichel, James and Gray.

5s for Simpson, Chilwell, Ndidi and Vardy.

6s for Mahrez, Albrighton, Morgan and Maguire.

If anyone other than the Leicester Mercury gives a 7 to any of these players I would be shocked.

Picked Stay for Claude, as it's easy to get swept along with the current poor league run we are on, but unless relegation becomes an unlikely possibility, I'd say just give him until the start of next season and see what happens. Has some serious work to do though all over the pitch, where confusion reigned for 80mins yesterday.

• Like 1

Wes, Simpson are past it for everything but back up. 

Kasper sloppy, and poor kicking. 

Chilwell and Ndidi struggled to cope. James anonymous. 

Mahrez the only creative player, but Stoke very physical on him. Albrighton better at the physical stuff but not so creative. 

Gray and Vardy both invisible. 

Puel: Whats happened? Had me excited to begin, but now bizzare line up. Subs changed it to a formation that no one seemed to understand. I hope he is learning something. 

• Like 1

Kasper 6 Thought he did fine. Couldn’t do a lot about the goal 

Simpson 4 One of his poorest games. At fault for the goal 

Maguire 7 Thought he was our best defender and was unlucky not to score 

Morgan 6 Did fine 

Chilwell 6 I think people are incredibly harsh. His work rate was superb. Made himself available so so many times going forward 

*i think all of the back 5 minus Maguire are struggling with Puel’s clear instructions to play the ball out from the back more* 

Albrighton 7 MOTM. Work rate great and made the goal 

Ndidi 5 One of his poorest games 

James 6 Thought he played pretty well and unlucky not to score. He’s not a creative midfielder so the criticism he’s getting is unfair in my opinion 

Mahrez 6 Better first half than second. Always our main threat but careless in possession too often 

Gray 5 Not sure where he was supposed to be playing. He hasn’t kicked on like I thought he would 

Vardy 5 Totally isolated. He’s stopped running the channels which is where he’s so dangerous. Is that a management instruction? 

We miss Okazaki and with a midfield two of James and Ndidi we lack guile and creativity. Puel’s style means we have more control now over games but we are nowhere near as exciting to watch. He deserves a lot longer in the job though and a summer to sign his own players. 

Gray: 1.

Don't know how he can be given an average rating. Like the Swansea game offered nothing when he came on then. I've supported Gray and keep willing to give him chances etc but he's been so terrible recently. Undisputedly, Diabete is ahead of Gray in the pecking order.

Puel 1:

Team selection all wrong and I winced when I saw the line-up. Wants to play possession football with players who technically can not do so. Should have brought Iborra and Silva on for HT, or 5 mins afterwards. So many corners yesterday all aiming for small people (Iborra would have been useful there). Fuchs should have been starting ahead of Chilwell. Kamikaze tactics at the end which, if Stoke had a clinical final pass, we would have lost the game!! We only got back into the game due to luck. We weren't close to scoring at all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Lol, people putting Albrighton as MOTM. He sure ran a lot but he was crap. All of his crosses, free kicks and corners were gifts to the opposition. He brought fck all forward. Even his goal wasn't intended as such. Just a crappy cross let in by an even crappier GK.

Can't wait for the ratings.

The problem with his crappy crossing is he doesn’t bother to look up before he strikes the ball, it really is schoolboy stuff!!

4 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

Lol, people putting Albrighton as MOTM. He sure ran a lot but he was crap. All of his crosses, free kicks and corners were gifts to the opposition. He brought fck all forward. Even his goal wasn't intended as such. Just a crappy cross let in by an even crappier GK.

Can't wait for the ratings.

Laughable post and so negative. You clearly forget the many assists that Allbrighton has provided. Man U point saved... you have a very short memory.

3 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Laughable post and so negative. You clearly forget the many assists that Allbrighton has provided. Man U point saved... you have a very short memory.

Why so butthurt and what are you on about? Why bring ManU and the other games? I'm only speaking about THIS game.

Edited by ZeGuy

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I didn't think Albrighton was terrible. Crossing was poor but in fairness we had no proper target for them.

On the corners he had Maguire and Morgan, and never got anywhere close to either as far as I can remember. I think this was one of the worst games for Albrighton in a long time, he really wasn't good at all.

Actually, in fairness, I think it was one of his corners that James hit the post with.

Edited by Beechey

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

On the corners he had Maguire and Morgan, and never got anywhere close to either as far as I can remember. I think this was one of the worst games for Albrighton in a long time, he really wasn't good at all.

Actually, in fairness, I think it was one of his corners that James hit the post with.

Our corners are hands down the worst in the league. Awful attacking them, awful defending them.

Albrighton I wouldn't have singled out for being poor. Gray on the other hand I'm fed up of.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Our corners are hands down the worst in the league. Awful attacking them, awful defending them.

Albrighton I wouldn't have singled out for being poor. Gray on the other hand I'm fed up of.

Gray drives me mad. I really want to like him though.

Diabate had a much better impact when he came on for Gray I thought.

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Gray drives me mad. I really want to like him though.

Diabate had a much better impact when he came on for Gray I thought.

Diabate's a better player. No doubt about it in my mind. Diabate has more footballing intelligence and some nice movement. Far from the finished article but I think he'll go further in the game than Gray.

Kasper 6 ok 

Simpson 4 poor  now at defending as well as distribution

Morgan 4 totally froze when Shiquiri ran for goal

Maguire 7 

James 6 good for bench but not to start

Ndidi 7 not his best

Allbrighton 7 crossing poor but great as all rounder

Mahrez 7 always a threat but in usually sloppy  distribution

Grey 5 looked lost real shame

Chillwell 6 not his best still see Fuchs as better 

Vardy 6 generally subdued but not service 

Puel 5 been initially a fan but this was a Shakepearean display v poor 

Why did we buy Silva and Iborra?

Why didn't we recruit a right back? 

Beginning to get very disappointed 

Kasper.   6.   Needs to get a grip of his kicking and his goal area, really off the boil this season.

Simpsom.  3. How this guy gets into the team is beyond me, we really f----d up by not getting someone in in the last window.

Chillwell.   6. A game of two 15 min spells did nothing in between, not a left back.

Maguire.  7.  One of our better players on the day but still room for improvement.

Morgan.  6.  A loyal and hard working player but I fear this may be his last season.

James.  4. Again beyond me how this guy gets into the team when we have better players on the bench. Offers nothing.

Ndidi.    6. Had an off day to day, still only a young lad and given time will get better.

ALlbrighton. 7  Have always liked him gives his all and provides some good crosses which result in goals.

Mahrez. 7. Got a lot stick from the away fans, but played through it, perhaps trying a little to hard in trying to win back some of our fans.

Vardy.  7. Have said it week in week out we need to change the way we play, the long ball to Vardy days are almost over.

Teams know how to deal with him and the service from team mates most games is piss poor.

Grey. 3. Total wast of space, thinks he's a world class player, when really he's a bang average non league player.

Struts around the pitch doing nothing after the first 10 mins, if this was in the days of Tagget and Co he would be getting a right ear full and more.

Puel 4.   Beginning to slowly loose it with this guy, rants on about what where doing wrong after every game, and what we need to do to put it right.

Well my son your the Manager your the one in charge, your the one that picks the team. SO F--KING SORT IT and stop banging on about how we should be doing better. If your not up to the job then step aside.

Maguire and Mahrez 7.

Albrighton, Diabate and Morgan 6.

James, Kasper, Vardy 5.

Chilwell, Ndidi, Gray, Iheanacho and Simpson 4.

Puel 4 - No idea what he is doing at the minute, formation again wasn't right and he seems incapable of changing the team in a positive way which is worrying. Not making all three changes was absolutely criminal.

Some of the negative comments about Albrighton in this thread are incredibly harsh - and not just because he worked hard, as usual.  Although his crosses were largely ineffective, he created good openings for others with some incisive passes and link ups in midfield and even when we're struggling and he's not having a great game he never hides but keeps trying to make things happen. That's how the goal came out through a good interchange between him and Mahrez. True, he's not got Mahrez's skill and ability but he brings so much to the team in other ways. 

• Like 2