Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Stardew Valley

Anyone else playing this? It's been around for a while, but I've only just discovered it. Been spending a few evenings with the Switch version (although it is also available on Steam, PS4, Xbox etc).

Very nice chilled out game, sort of the spiritual successor to the Harvest Moon series, but I would say is borrows some inspiration from games like Animal Crossing.

You take over a ramshackle farm and have to clear the land, plant crops and sell produce to earn more gold, buy upgrades and buildings etc. You can also fish, mine for ores and interact with the locals in town.

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

Sounds like a job simulator. I don’t get these games that are just basically a series of admin tasks.

Well Skyrim is a job simulator.... if you're a wizard.

14 hours ago, Ozwin said:

Stardew Valley is like crack lads. Looks like child's play but it's other worldly addictive.

Yeah it is very compulsive. Can be played in bite size chunks but the progression is very well curved so you always want to play one more day! Was up until gone midnight last night waiting for my crop of turnips to ripen.

So many decisions to make!

I’ve been considering getting this for a while and a chap at work who got it a week or two ago has been telling me just how addictive it is. Just seen that it’s currently only £7.39 on the PSN store so I bit the bullet. I’m hoping it’s the best £7.39 I’ll ever spend. 

It’s also released on the PS Vita on the 22nd May and as it’s cross-buy, I’ll be able to download it to my Vita at no extra cost which is nice as this seems like more of a hand-held type of game (says somebody who has yet to play it). 

9 hours ago, silebyboy said:

I’ve been considering getting this for a while and a chap at work who got it a week or two ago has been telling me just how addictive it is. Just seen that it’s currently only £7.39 on the PSN store so I bit the bullet. I’m hoping it’s the best £7.39 I’ll ever spend. 

It’s also released on the PS Vita on the 22nd May and as it’s cross-buy, I’ll be able to download it to my Vita at no extra cost which is nice as this seems like more of a hand-held type of game (says somebody who has yet to play it). 

That's worth knowing. Will have to dig the vita out maybe - been gathering dust for a long time!