Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Which U23s would you like to see in the first team

8 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Sam Hughes is our top scorer and people are saying he’s a cb? I thought he played CM

No he's a CB but a throwback like Walshie who knows how to score.

23 hours ago, brucey said:

He's okay, not brilliant, and I thought I saw somewhere his contract was expiring end of this season and he hadn't signed a new one.

Hence the treason he is included in the 1st team squad to try and boost his profile and either convince him to sign OR raise his transfer value as I think any purchasing club will still have to pay a fee if we offer him a new deal as he's still U21.....and now he's technically part of our 1st team squad  

(I think he actually might have another year left on his contract anyway but im not 100% sure).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DB11 said:

U23s to Premier League? Come off it, they’ll have to go out on loan and prove themselves in the EFL first 

Marcus Rashford?   Rueben Loftus Cheek?  Trent Alexander Arnold?   Tom Davies?

18 hours ago, Wookie said:

Darnell Johnson hasn't looked great (in the admittedly few) games I've watched. The Ajax link seems like agent talk to me considering Choudhury was apparently watched by all sorts of teams as a academy player.

Totally agree.  I would be amazed if the Ajax story is genuine based on what ive seen and I heard it said that the Hamza stories 2-3 years back linking him with several bug clubs were 'planted' by his agents.

You don't win nothing with kids

Oh, I forgot you do    :ph34r:

Managers need to be brave to do this cos if it backfires you're gone, Ferguson on the other hand had his reputation to fall back on,

While I'm at it Get Well Soon Mr Ferguson    :thumbup:

Sam Hughes and Barnes. We need a new centre half and we need a new creative midfielder. And Hamza is more or less in the first team squad now. Puel's had those three in the squad in the last three games. 

We'll have a very young squad: only Vardy, Shinji, Silva, Iborra, Albrighton and Kasper will be over 26 if we exclude Simpson and Morgan. And only Vardy, Kasper and perhaps Silva/Iborra are guaranteed first teamers.

19 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Completely forgot about Elliot Moore, I wonder what will happen with him?

Hughes seems to be Puel's preferred youth centre half if the last couple games of last season are anything to go by. Moore was getting very good rating from what I can recall from people on this forum. I wouldn't mind him being loaned out to a chamionship side. If he impresses there he could make our bench afterwards.

Do we have to add players under 21 to the squad? I thought that we could introduce them without giving them a sqad number at the beginning of the season..

I'd like to see Barnes, Choudhury, Thomas, Hughes, Moore and Pascanu. hovering around the first team. I hope we can hang on to Johnson (maybe give him a loan spell championship level), he does some nice work down the flanks and in attack as well as being a good defender.