Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Akinbiyi or De Vries

tough choice, but i would say MDV. Akinbiyi just tries too hard, but saying that MDV might not try hard enough! lol

But when Akinbiyi tries to hard he makes a hash of things and then he tries too hard te next time and so on...

I don't understand why people booed him. He didn't ask PT to sign him, and he certainly didn't slap a £5m+ price tag on his head, Wolves did that.

I actually felt sorry for the bloke whilst he was here; if effort scored you goals, he'd have been up there with the best of them. Ok, so he couldn't hit a barn door, blah, blah, blah. Well he scored tonight. :mad: I'd rather have a crap player who tried, than a crap player who couldn't care less. Think Junior Lewis people.

I don't understand why people booed him. He didn't ask PT to sign him, and he certainly didn't slap a £5m+ price tag on his head, Wolves did that.

I actually felt sorry for the bloke whilst he was here; if effort scored you goals, he'd have been up there with the best of them. Ok, so he couldn't hit a barn door, blah, blah, blah. Well he scored tonight. :mad: I'd rather have a crap player who tried, than a crap player who couldn't care less. Think Junior Lewis people.

I think part of the reasoning behind people booing him was the fact that we've not got a lot to cheer about for ourselves. We also like to blame people for our fall from grace and unluckily for him, he was part of the team that did fall from grace. Maybe if he'd stayed and he'd bagged us a few goals in our promotion winning season in 2002/03 then he would be seen in a better light. Don't forget that in his first season with us he scored about 10 goals and Emile Heskey only managed 10 or around that mark during his time with us. I think it was the start of his second season at Leicester that didn't get off brilliantly and he got a lot of stick for the chances he missed during that period.

wasn't here then, connolly by far the better though :thumbup:

Some people chose Akinbiyi though. <_<

Just shows how opinions on players can change, when DC left, some people were acting as if it was the end of the world.

Hopefully MDV can be a totally different player this time next year.

Some people chose Akinbiyi though. <_<

Just shows how opinions on players can change, when DC left, some people were acting as if it was the end of the world.

Hopefully MDV can be a totally different player this time next year.

here's to hoping, i was always a fan of connolly, in the same way i have always disliked de vries

Archived