Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Player Ratings : Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0 Leicester City - Vote Now

Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-0 Leicester City

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.2

Total Average Rating

123 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Danny Ward 8.7
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Adrien Silva 5.2
  4. Manager Confidence 92% +8%

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:38, Shane said:

Danny Ward - Motm. 9/10

Pereira - My heart says give him time to adjust at RB. My head says he makes so many basic defensive errors which probably can’t be rectified and needs to play on the wing. 5/10

Morgan - Solid performance and didn’t put a foot wrong. 7/10

Evans - Same as Morgan. 7/10

Fuchs - Our best defender on the night and still the best fullback at our club.  Fuchs really shown his experience and marshalled Traore so well. His intelligence and positioning on/off the ball was refreshing to see, hopefully Chilwell was taking notes. 8/10

Ghezzal - He just seems really basic. It’s like eating plain pasta, does the job but really bland. 5/10

Iborra - Did well and kept us ticking over with his passing but he needs a destroyer alongside him. Choudhury should start ahead of Silva in the next round. 7/10

Silva - Poor. 5/10

Albrighton - Worked hard but should have buried one of his chances. 7/10

Okazaki - Our samurai wasn’t at the races today. Started the game brightly but faded away. 5/10

Vardy - Didn’t get in the game a lot but made some good runs in behind and had a few chances. 6/10

Subs: 

Iheanacho, Gray, Choudhury - Hope Gray’s injury isn’t serious, both he and Iheanacho tried to make an impact but to be fair to Wolves they marshalled both of them well. Hamza made a couple good tackles in his short cameo, shame about the penalty. Rating N/A 

The manager: 

Puel - I think we could have killed the game off if Iheanacho and Gray came on for Okazaki and Ghezzal instead of Okazaki and Vardy. He was probably saving Vardy for Saturday to be fair, which realistically is probably a good call. 8/10 

Agree with a lot of that Shane.

For me Perreira would get a 6 (5 when defending, 7 when attacking). Morgan & Evans both solid 6s/almost 7s for me. Thought it was Evans' best game for us and it's not at all obvious who'll partner Maguire on Saturday.

Ghezzal seems so easy to defend against, one footed in the extreme, no real pace. But scored a great (and important) pen.

Shame our best two chances fell to Albrighton - finishing is his weak spot. I think like many he faded in the much more evenly contested second half, so I gave him a 6.

Special mention for Gray who I rated at 7.5 (rounded up for voting). Came on and was the Gray we know he can be, rather than the Gray he so often is.

On 26/09/2018 at 11:23, TheBear said:
  1. Danny Ward - solid, did what he had to do in normal time and great penalty saves
  2. Ricardo Pereira - looks great going forward but an absolute liability at the back, doesn't understand defending
  3. Wes Morgan - got out of jail by the sheer fact that Wolves were toothless, dragged out of position far too often and looked desperate at times
  4. Jonny Evans - average performance
  5. Christian Fuchs - poor game, gave the ball away for fun and put in some awful crosses and didn't have his shooting boots on
  6. Rachid Ghezzal - looks lively and busy but lacks cutting edge, will improve when confidence
  7. Vicente Iborra - steady eddy, reads the game well and passing was pretty decent
  8. Adrien Silva - made too many basic errors in possession, especially under no pressure
  9. Marc Albrighton - not his best night, work rate ok but missed a couple of great chances
  10. Jamie Vardy - seemed more intent on winding up fans than delivering the goods, needed to be more selfish and ruthless
  11. Shinji Okazaki - awful first touch, not as busy as we have come to expect, looked leggy and disappointed in himself when subbed
  12. Demarai Gray (sub) - lively and our biggest threat until injury
  13. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub) - not his best performance but a great penalty to seal the win
  14. Hamza Choudhury (sub) - not on long enough to have an impact, poor penalty made worse by his reaction to the miss

With these ratings you would've thought we had lost 5-0. Fuchs was excellent in my eyes, strange how we all see the game differently.

Guest TheBear
6 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

With these ratings you would've thought we had lost 5-0. Fuchs was excellent in my eyes, strange how we all see the game differently.

a good side would have rolled us, similar to Huddersfield last week, a good side would have been 3-0 up by the time we equalised. I must admit I do have high standards.