Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mhs123

Area to reflect and remember.

Soon our fantastic and beautiful memorial will be moved and I was wondering where it could go so that we and future generations could reflect and spend time reflecting on this tragedy.

So many emotional messages have been left and so many tears spilled.

I'm so proud to support this amazing club.

When matt busby passed,,  tributes laid at Old Trafford are now kept in the man utd museum. obviously flowers were binned but they kept all cards, scarfs shirts etc.with a good selection on display . Not sure if something similar happened with Hillsborough tributes at Liverpool?

I would suggest an area of the shop is turned over to display most of them? 

The back bit where the fox and crop stuff is now ? 

Also display some in 1884bar, conference areas, corridors around the stadium, exec boxes,, and ear mark an area  at the new training development as part of his legacy 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woddyuk said:

When matt busby passed,,  tributes laid at Old Trafford are now kept in the man utd museum. obviously flowers were binned but they kept all cards, scarfs shirts etc.with a good selection on display . Not sure if something similar happened with Hillsborough tributes at Liverpool?

I would suggest an area of the shop is turned over to display most of them? 

The back bit where the fox and crop stuff is now ? 

Also display some in 1884bar, conference areas, corridors around the stadium, exec boxes,, and ear mark an area  at the new training development as part of his legacy 

I'm sure something inside the stadium could be made up for when they do stadium tours etc? 

1 hour ago, jonthefox said:

Makes sense. It's difficult to know what to do with the shirts scarfs etc.

I wonder if they could all be stitched together into a huge band that could be hung around the back of the stands, kinda like the Thai colours bunting that hangs now... or maybe where the pictures of moments of our history used to be around the perimeter of the stadium roof. 

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The club should (probably will) install some kind of permanent memorial where people could go, whether this be near the memorial gardens or not.

Yes, I think they will. All in good time. Perhaps the redevelopment of the stand will afford an opportunity to incorporate a small garden or something. 

But this is all for the future