Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

This loan

3 minutes ago, doverfox said:

Very few spend their own money then to leverage their assets, future income is an asset. How many people people save for something they want and pay for it out right. Business's are no different why would you average billionaire be any different. Why would they have tens of millions of £'s sitting in a back earning sod all in intrest, these are supposedly smart business men not total chumps. Interest rates are so low that banks are practically giving money away.

my savings are plenty healthy and I can afford to redo the bathroom / kitchen etc. and pay it off immediately but would I?

**** no, take out 0% interest credit card and pay on that, keep my money in my bank account in case of emergency and pay it off interest free over 36 months. 

it's a no brainer. they really need to start teaching basic finance practice in schools, imo. 

I believe this fear in the loan is due to our previous history of going into administration, which is fair enough. But we must understand now that we have billionaire owners. We're not going to be in trouble anytime soon. This loan is based on our current standing in the Premier League with the income from the TV money, which is fuching ridiculous right now. It's against a guaranteed 100+ million... And even if the most stupid of stupid happens and we get relegated, the parachute payments will help overcome that.

This loan is nothing, if you had to quantify it, Manchester United owners completely own Manchester United on a loan!!! 

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

This dude posted we borrowed a chunk a bout a month or so ago but then tweeted again today saying we had no significant debt? so either we paid off very quickly after we borrowed, or we didnt borrow when he said, hmmmm.

To correct myself, he is referring to most recent accounts not the past few months.

Edited by Chrysalis

14 hours ago, doverfox said:

Very few spend their own money then to leverage their assets, future income is an asset. How many people people save for something they want and pay for it out right. Business's are no different why would you average billionaire be any different. Why would they have tens of millions of £'s sitting in a back earning sod all in intrest, these are supposedly smart business men not total chumps. Interest rates are so low that banks are practically giving money away.

Exactly, why spend your own money if you can spend someone else's and hopefully make a decent return on it or acquire assets. More assets = more ability to take on more debt and keep growing. Worst comes to worst, pay it off alongside the 0.95% or equivalent interest!

On 24/07/2019 at 21:38, doverfox said:

You slightly contradict yourself but I get the point.

IF The family had a billion in cash, then they'd be better spending the cash on assets rather than let it sit in an HSBC  cash ISA. In that case the loan is unnecessary.

But, of course, business people despise cash. They are billionaires in assets, not cash. Cash is an anathema to the super wealthy (presumably because money itself could technically be rendered worthless overnight)