Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
hackneyfox

This loan

Just now, MPH said:

got to be a joke surely?  who buys money from a place called Vampire Bank?

” we suck the blood out of you”.

Apparently we’ve also sent £40m to some Nigerian prince as he’s promised he can double it but he just needs to release the funds first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, MPH said:

got to be a joke surely?  who borrows money from a place called Vampire Bank?

” we suck the blood out of you”.

Borrowed money from Macquarie, big and reputable Aussie bank. The author is just describing them as vampires, maybe because of their blood sucking reputation. They have extracted hundreds of millions of pounds (or near enough) in dividends from our water utility companies such as Thames Water.

I thought the loan was arranged while Vichai was still alive? 

All the recent Premier League infrastructure projects have been financed by loans, so we shouldn't expect Leicester City to be any different.

The good thing about this arrangement is that we will have paid for everything within a couple of years.

• Like 1

Not at all, the club must have huge future cashflows as a result of the ridiculously large TV deals. Better to fund yourself through cheap borrowing and gain the tax advantages of doing that, and use your existing cashflow to invest in things that have a higher payoff, such as players like Ghezzal...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Not at all, the club must have huge future cashflows as a result of the ridiculously large TV deals. Better to fund yourself through cheap borrowing and gain the tax advantages of doing that, and use your existing cashflow to invest in things that have a higher payoff, such as players like Ghezzal...

Agreed re the tax and also wonder if this was all arranged when KP were going through their legal challenges  in Thailand - hence they may have been concerned that there could be an issue with just sending millions of pounds across to the uk at fairly short notice 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
13 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

What rate are we borrowing at?

I suspect this is to do with the training ground development. Very common for finance assets / investments over a longer period to ease the burden / risk on your own bank account.

I suspect we have a very big early demand for payment (30% upfront?) so I see this as nice quick healthy injection of cash for a project that will run into 10's of millions by the time its done.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why would you think that? It just costs a huge amount of money to build new training grounds and extend the stadium etc.

I know that but if I was a billionaire I don't know whether I would need to borrow money. Why borrow money and pay back more when you already have billions.

That was my thinking 

Guest MattP
1 minute ago, Fox85 said:

I know that but if I was a billionaire I don't know whether I would need to borrow money. Why borrow money and pay back more when you already have billions. 

That was my thinking

Fans often forget King Power and Leicester City Football are different businesses, one doesn't serve the other and they aren't going to reduce the value of King Power or it's assets to improve Leicester City, that's the family business, this is a different (and smaller) family business. The value of the club will obviously increase with stadium extension etc but I can't blame them for loaning against what the club wil earn, they aren't going to pay 250 million out of their own pocket to build a PL club a training ground - they aren't the Man City owners.

We should probably not expect to be spending fortunes in the immediate future given this investment, but as I've said elsewhere, that is probably a good thing given out recent kamikaze attempts at this.

9 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

That was my thinking

It's not all liquid cash for starters, his business is valued at billions. But in terms of cash in the bank it's probably far less than you can imagine. I thought they would perhaps loan the club the money themselves, via Kingpower, but we we just don't know the ins and outs to speculate. The court case against them could have been a factor in not wanting to go that route, who knows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It's not all liquid cash for starters, his business is valued at billions. But in terms of cash in the bank it's probably far less than you can imagine. I thought they would perhaps loan the club the money themselves, via Kingpower, but we we just don't know the ins and outs to speculate. The court case against them could have been a factor in not wanting to go that route, who knows.

I think some fans genuinely thought Vichai would chuff the whole lot up out of his personal wealth and then allow us to reap the rewards to spend on players and free lager. How fcukin dare they stop the gravy train now!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1