Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tielemans Signs From Monaco; Silva Goes T’other Way

2 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

That's a non-argument.

Tielemans doesn't have Premier League experience? Check.

Does he need to gain Premier League experience? Check.

Does he get Premier League experience by playing in the Premier League? Check.

At some stage, he's got to play. Otherwise, there's no point in signing players from abroad.

You could also say Silva doesn’t have Ligue 1 experience 

28 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

No, missing my point entirely.

Nobody's arguing that Puel may or may not have "lied".

Surely Tielemans was fit enough to have made the bench and an appearance as a sub? Especially given the fact that he was until recently fit as a fiddle when playing for Monaco.

We were crying out for some creativity in midfield, and our options against Manchester United were otherwise limited.

what inside knowledge do you have to make this statement?

considering some of the points i have made above too..

you also have to consider that maybe he just wasn’t getting the tactics right... wasn’t fit enough... did international clearance come through in time? did he pick up a niggle?

a resurgent Man U is the wrong team to blend someone in who hasn’t got a scooby do wha they are doing..

theres just way too many variables to come to the conclusion you did come to.

Edited by MPH

3 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Eight years younger, but in terms of experience, you couldn't have picked a worse example for a youngster with such a pedigree:

2x Belgian Champion

2x Belgian Supercup winner

130+ league matches in Belgium (ok, we can debate the standard of football, it's certainly not bad)

45+ league matches in Ligue 1 (certainly a bit of a step up compared to Belgium)

19 caps for Belgium

22 Champions League matches

20 Europa League matches

These are numbers that rival, in parts even equal or surpass Adrien Silva's.

As far as I know, Tielemans' last appearance for Monaco before the transfer deal was against Dijon, where he was subbed after 68 minutes.

He certainly isn't/wasn't injured, so the decision to not play him wasn't born out of necessity, but a personal choice.

Like I said, I just find it somewhat baffling that Adrien Silva walks straight into the Monaco side with less match practice, whilst Tielemans can't even make the bench.

And I say again, despite all those stats you throw at me of both Silva and Tielermans,  you still don't know the reason why he wasn't either picked to play, or, deemed worthy of a place on the bench. And I say again, the stamping feet of a few excited fans wanting to see their new player on the pitch should never be a reason to include him in fact it's crass and childish if you think about it logically. If the management team, with a knowledge of all his circumstances, whether that be football, fitness, personal or even including the wishes of the player himself, those circumstances have led them to come to an informed decision, whether out of necessity or choice, that we really we should just accept. There must have been viable reasons in that decision making process. Your stats mean absolutely nothing other than you know them. They, on there own, coupled with the opinion of armchair managers are mindblowingly worthless when compared to fully informed decision making by professionals who are paid to evaluate such things.

Edited by volpeazzurro