Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tielemans Signs From Monaco; Silva Goes T’other Way

This is the sort of over cautious shit Puel does  that really does my head in and the sort of thing that still puts me on the fence with him . I can see all the good things he’s doing like getting rid of dead wood and playing younger players then he pulls a stunt like this  that cancels it all out . I didn’t expect him to start the guy as he  had only just signed and not really trained with us but I expected to see him on the bench and a bit of cameo if the chance arose . Puel really doesn’t help himself sometimes he knows the fans aren’t happy with him and the style of play and he would have known the fans would be really looking forward to get a glimpse of the new signing  so why not meet them half way to appease them a little . This player is supposed to be a worldie and has played in the Champions League on many occasions so the  excuse of not being up to speed with tactics  is a rubbish one . 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

State of some of these threads. My personal favourite is lethal injection, but for true maximum cruelty, killing someone (Puel) with the power of hindsight is painful viewing....

:thumbdown:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

State of some of these threads. My personal favourite is lethal injection, but for true maximum cruelty, killing someone (Puel) with the power of hindsight is painful viewing....

:thumbdown:

Hindsight or make the same mistake that often that to expect any other result is insanity? We have failed to break down teams at home after gifting them an early lead so many times now I cant remember my life before it. Yet, the gruesome twosome in midfield are hapless in being able to evoke any change in a game like this, so to not have a player with a skill set we've been badly missing all season as an option from the bench is unacceptable. We've had such a lack of options in changing games from the bench all season, theres literally zero point in both Iheanacho and Okazaki being on there, it was a wasted chance for a talent we may only have to call on for 14 games.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Rigga said:

Never said start him did I ?

Arrived Thursday..

Trained Friday 

Chiled Saturday 

Ended up chilling Sunday too..

The bench wouldnt have been asking much at all.

we only have him for 3 and a bit months..blink and we will miss him

Chill out Craig David

3 hours ago, Babylon said:

I'd imagine because the lad isn't a worldie, otherwise he wouldn't be coming here and he wouldn't be surplus to requirements at a team struggling to stay up in France. This is a young lad we're talking about still, despite his decent number of appearances at a good level. He also has a duty to the players to provide them with the best possible chance of succeeding and not just to appease impatient fans. If he didn't think it was a good idea for whatever reason, then people should back the manager on that one.

I think sometimes people forget that these are human beings we're talking about and not robots or performing seals. The lads just landed a couple of days before, he's living in a hotel out of a rucksack in a new country, surrounded by new players, new style etc.

I think it's crazy we've got to the point of people losing their minds about a player not being on the bench two or three days after landing here.

This is part of the point of my post I don’t fully trust the manager because for all his positives there are still plenty of times he gets it wrong infact very wrong and it doesn’t help trying  to adhere himself to the fans which would help take some of the pressure off . I am not saying he should have played only to appease the fans I stated  if the chance arose meaning it was a good time for everyone , even if he was on the bench and didn’t come on I wouldn’t have minded . As for players not being Robots I get that but he would have been driven to the airport,  flown over in a private plain picked up and taken to a hotel then driven to the ground so not much of a hardship, none of this stopped  Silver coming on for Monaco for the last 18 minutes and he’s played even less foootball and their game was a day earlier . 

Edited by baldeagle

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

This is part of the point of my post I don’t fully trust the manager because for all his positives there are still plenty of times he gets it wrong infact very wrong and it doesn’t help trying  to adhere himself to the fans which would help take some of the pressure off . I am not saying he should have played only to appease the fans I stated  if the chance arose meaning it was a good time for everyone , even if he was on the bench and didn’t come on I wouldn’t have minded . As for players not being Robots I get that but he would have been driven to the airport,  flown over in a private plain picked up and taken to a hotel then driven to the ground so not much of a hardship, none of this stopped  Silver coming on for Monaco for the last 18 minutes and he’s played even less foootball and their game was a day earlier . 

Understand, and it’s debatable if Tielemans should have been on the bench at least (Replace Nacho on the bench and then there is not much to lose...), but the point on Silva is not quite right I think. Don’t forget he knows very well Jardim and his style of play, unlike Tielemans with Puel.

This is part of the point of my post I don’t fully trust the manager because for all his positives there are still plenty of times he gets it wrong infact very wrong and 

It's not really comparable saying with hindsight that x or y decision was wrong is it. He knows the facts, he will have spoken to the lad, known how and when he got here, whether he had a rough night or rough flight. 

am not saying he should have played only to appease the fans I stated  if the chance arose meaning it was a good time for everyone, even if he was on the bench and didn’t come on I wouldn’t have minded . 

"A good time for everyone" the manager has decided based on all the facts that is wasn't a good time to put him on the bench. I don't see what the issue is. This outrage just seems a bit like people wanting to play with their new toy rather than and throwing their rattle out.

As for players not being Robots I get that but he would have been driven to the airport,  flown over in a private plain picked up and taken to a hotel then driven to the ground so not much of a hardship

I'll presume you've been on holiday, I don't know about you bit despite being driven here there and every where, on a comfy plane and arriving in a comfy hotel. I still feel knackered and out of it. Let alone when you're thinking about your career and future, meeting a new bunch of people and learning loads of new stuff whilst.

None of this stopped  Silver coming on for Monaco for the last 18 minutes and he’s played even less foootball and their game was a day earlier . 

It didn't, but then we don't know how or when Silva got there. Silva already knew the manager and Monaco were in a bit of a desperate state with serious relegation risks, we aren't. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Understand, and it’s debatable if Tielemans should have been on the bench at least (Replace Nacho on the bench and then there is not much to lose...), but the point on Silva is not quite right I think. Don’t forget he knows very well Jardim and his style of play, unlike Tielemans with Puel.

Yep totally get that . I just find Puel totally frustrating at times 

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

a) Silva is familiar with Jardims tactics. b) Monaco are, unlike us, actually having a poor season and have a desperate need for points, they're in a position where they need to throw new signings in straight away regardless of whether they're ready, we're not

As I answered above I get the Jardims side of it but as for having Monaco having a poor season and desperate for points you could counter  that with our  midfield had been poor all season and crying out for some type of drive and creativity. Either way this is getting a bit blown up I’m not really angry about it just frustrated more than anything . 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It's not really comparable saying with hindsight that x or y decision was wrong is it. He knows the facts, he will have spoken to the lad, known how and when he got here, whether he had a rough night or rough flight. 

"A good time for everyone" the manager has decided based on all the facts that is wasn't a good time to put him on the bench. I don't see what the issue is. This outrage just seems a bit like people wanting to play with their new toy rather than and throwing their rattle out.

I'll presume you've been on holiday, I don't know about you bit despite being driven here there and every where, on a comfy plane and arriving in a comfy hotel. I still feel knackered and out of it. Let alone when you're thinking about your career and future, meeting a new bunch of people and learning loads of new stuff whilst.

It didn't, but then we don't know how or when Silva got there. Silva already knew the manager and Monaco were in a bit of a desperate state with serious relegation risks, we aren't. 

I’ll try and answer these  In order

1, Hindsight has nothing to do with it really the facts are as they stand he’s has got things wrong on a few occasions he may or may not have on this occasion 

2. Also see above . Add to this  I am far from outraged more frustrated, that is the problem with text at times in can come across all wrong. 

3. Yes I agree travelling can be tiring but he’s not exactly a long haul flight so no jet leg and he had 2/3 days of rest like I said wasn’t expecting him to start. 

4. I pretty much answered in one of my above reply’s to another person . 

I will add again though that I am not outraged or angry but as I’ve mentioned  a few times now just frustrated.  

On 04/02/2019 at 22:26, The Doctor said:

He officially signed (i.e. announced) 2 days earlier. He had 1 training session. He's arrived from a club 1000 miles away in a different country, and likely will have just grabbed a quick flat from the club while sorting out somewhere to actually live for the next 4 months. This isn't football manager, players are people, not just assets on a computer screen - no way would he have been properly ready to start. He'll play next Sunday, no doubt.

Agree. Also, more importantly, this guy is just here on loan. Need to manage the feelings of the real Leicester players and the team spirit. Can’t let someone who is boastful walk in without going through some ritual.

On 04/02/2019 at 22:19, Rigga said:

At least have the guy the bench..

A new signing to give you a lift for a massive home home game and we don’t even include him in the squad..

just to throw him on for the last 20/25 mins would have been far better than the deadwood Shinji and Nacho

Has been a trend with us since we won the PL.. Plenty of players have came into the club but we don’t play them...

i said after New Year’s Day that we have a great chance now of getting 7th and EL position... I then said that we would cock it up and Puel wouldn’t be that bothered whether we got it or not..

We now sit 11th, EL seems a million miles away as we drift towards the end of the season..

Shinji played well actually and he was the one who released Barnes on the left who in turn set up Vardy for that golden chance.

• Like 1