Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Tielemans Signs From Monaco; Silva Goes T’other Way

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans trained 3 times before the game, he's head and shoulders above anything we've got in midfield. If we were going to see a repeat of the problems we've seen for most of the season from Ndidi and Mendy then what was plan b going to be? There was no viable plan b and both of them carried on whiffing the place up with Mendy very very lucky not to walk. He eventually did get dragged but in terms of team shape we were throwing the kitchen sink at it. Maybe Tielemans, who is renown for his ability on the ball could have offered up something, he's certainly given Utd problems in the past for Anderlecht. I seem to recall Cambiasso after only just joining us was called in to action after a pitiful 1st half vs Stoke when we were somehow still 0-0 and he came on and gave us the leadership and we got the win. Tielemans was needed for an instant impact as we are horrible in midfield right now, but we decided to carry on as normal.

Puel said he had one proper training session. Ric, chill out man.

Cambiasso joined about two weeks before the stoke game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tielemans trained 3 times before the game, he's head and shoulders above anything we've got in midfield. If we were going to see a repeat of the problems we've seen for most of the season from Ndidi and Mendy then what was plan b going to be? There was no viable plan b and both of them carried on whiffing the place up with Mendy very very lucky not to walk. He eventually did get dragged but in terms of team shape we were throwing the kitchen sink at it. Maybe Tielemans, who is renown for his ability on the ball could have offered up something, he's certainly given Utd problems in the past for Anderlecht. I seem to recall Cambiasso after only just joining us was called in to action after a pitiful 1st half vs Stoke when we were somehow still 0-0 and he came on and gave us the leadership and we got the win. Tielemans was needed for an instant impact as we are horrible in midfield right now, but we decided to carry on as normal.

Don`t doubt he will feature, the game just came a little to soon in my opinion, but  will happily admit I could be wrong!

Then again, he could have started, done sh*t and got slated....

Even Barnes did not start his first game back on returning from loan, so i imagine it was always unlikely Tielemans would have been on the bench let alone start.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Puel said he had one proper training session. Ric, chill out man.

Cambiasso joined about two weeks before the stoke game.

He trained 3 times, I have this on good authority. Either way, we've made a short term loan for a player of considerable skill set in a side that is begging for another way of playing and he chose not to have him on there. It's by no means the worst decision he's ever made, there's way more he's made that rank above this but we are a squad that has very few options and it felt like a missed chance when you look at the rest of the bench. There is currently little argument to be had about having Okazaki and Iheanacho on there which is crazy to consider not having more than one attacking option on the bench but what's the point with them pair?

At least have the guy the bench..

A new signing to give you a lift for a massive home home game and we don’t even include him in the squad..

just to throw him on for the last 20/25 mins would have been far better than the deadwood Shinji and Nacho

Has been a trend with us since we won the PL.. Plenty of players have came into the club but we don’t play them...

i said after New Year’s Day that we have a great chance now of getting 7th and EL position... I then said that we would cock it up and Puel wouldn’t be that bothered whether we got it or not..

We now sit 11th, EL seems a million miles away as we drift towards the end of the season..

2 minutes ago, Rigga said:

At least have the guy the bench..

A new signing to give you a lift for a massive home home game and we don’t even include him in the squad..

just to throw him on for the last 20/25 mins would have been far better than the deadwood Shinji and Nacho

Has been a trend with us since we won the PL.. Plenty of players have came into the club but we don’t play them...

i said after New Year’s Day that we have a great chance now of getting 7th and EL position... I then said that we would cock it up and Puel wouldn’t be that bothered whether we got it or not..

We now sit 11th, EL seems a million miles away as we drift towards the end of the season..

He officially signed (i.e. announced) 2 days earlier. He had 1 training session. He's arrived from a club 1000 miles away in a different country, and likely will have just grabbed a quick flat from the club while sorting out somewhere to actually live for the next 4 months. This isn't football manager, players are people, not just assets on a computer screen - no way would he have been properly ready to start. He'll play next Sunday, no doubt.

• Like 1

Tielemans or Okazaki on the bench. Who would offer the most?

Not only might he have been a better option but it would have given the fans who go week in and week out at home and have largely been served up a large dose of garbage for the best part of a year a lift. But hey ho we couldn't even manage to do that.

Simply no need for both Okazaki and Iheanacho on the bench and the former won't be here next season either.

Obviously if he isn't fit to play that's a different call but I'm assuming he's not injured and is generally at least match fit or why have we even signed him.

7 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

He officially signed (i.e. announced) 2 days earlier. He had 1 training session. He's arrived from a club 1000 miles away in a different country, and likely will have just grabbed a quick flat from the club while sorting out somewhere to actually live for the next 4 months. This isn't football manager, players are people, not just assets on a computer screen - no way would he have been properly ready to start. He'll play next Sunday, no doubt.

Never said start him did I ?

Arrived Thursday..

Trained Friday 

Chiled Saturday 

Ended up chilling Sunday too..

The bench wouldnt have been asking much at all.

we only have him for 3 and a bit months..blink and we will miss him

Edited by Rigga

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He trained 3 times, I have this on good authority. Either way, we've made a short term loan for a player of considerable skill set in a side that is begging for another way of playing and he chose not to have him on there. It's by no means the worst decision he's ever made, there's way more he's made that rank above this but we are a squad that has very few options and it felt like a missed chance when you look at the rest of the bench. There is currently little argument to be had about having Okazaki and Iheanacho on there which is crazy to consider not having more than one attacking option on the bench but what's the point with them pair?

I would reply Ric but my posts keep getting deleted despite saying absolutely sod all wrong. I'll say again, I'll trust the manager over your source, all the reporters camped out filming the lad signing on Friday. There is being at the training ground and then there is being actively able to take part in training for the game ahead. He didn't sign until deadline day so the manager couldn't plan to put him in the team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Correct.

Signed Thursday (did a full medical with the coaching staff, after one with Rennie on Weds), trained Friday as per the pictures you'll all be able to see and did the light (very contentious at the moment on the 'light' subject) session on Saturday. Not sure it's hard to believe that given there's photo evidence of the first two, and the players are always in the day before a game......

Puel must have got lost in translation again, assume it was one training session before he picked the team or something. Bullshit to be honest, why not have him on the bench?

Edited by Abrasive fox

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I would reply Ric but my posts keep getting deleted despite saying absolutely sod all wrong. I'll say again, I'll trust the manager over your source, all the reporters camped out filming the lad signing on Friday. There is being at the training ground and then there is being actively able to take part in training for the game ahead. He didn't sign until deadline day so the manager couldn't plan to put him in the team.

He publicly trained on Friday and Saturday. On Thursday when he underwent his medical (although it was reported he actually had a medical on Wednesday) he also took part in some of the training and his signing was later confirmed at 8pm that night on deadline day. He had trained though with the squad, groundsmen confirmed this.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

He publicly trained on Friday and Saturday. On Thursday when he underwent his medical (although it was reported he actually had a medical on Wednesday) he also took part in some of the training and his signing was later confirmed at 8pm that night on deadline day. He had trained though with the squad, groundsmen confirmed this.

Not sure why this is hard to believe to be honest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So 2 and a bit? Really it's splitting hairs. Can't get my head round how wound up you (and others) are by it. It's a perfectly reasonable judgement call for him to have sat Saturday's game out. 

LCFC fans just need a lift...Yesterday was perfect.

Now we get to see him for 20 mins in an away game v Spurs Sunday.

Yeaterday I actually thought we played half decent and deserved something from the game. That said , the style is still very predictable and painfully slow to watch..

the ball broke in one occasion in midfield, Vardy was away...Ndidi/Mendy chose to go sideways and keep possession...chance gone..

3 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

So 2 and a bit? Really it's splitting hairs. Can't get my head round how wound up you (and others) are by it. It's a perfectly reasonable judgement call for him to have sat Saturday's game out. 

It’s a safe call...which is our biggest problem at the moment under Puel..Everytbing is safe, sideways possession based...No risks taken.

Plenty of paying fans are bored senseless of it!

We sign someone with this pedigree, we wanna see him! 

Still don't really see the problem, it's more manager bashing really. If he's planned his week tactically with the players for Liv(A) & MnU(H) in the space of five days and set up to do so, a player coming in Wednesday to do contact, medicals, pressers, media ect. might've not had enough time on tactical work with the lads - Man U is a very demanding game for anyone. I still wouldve had him on the bench for a late run out but I know nought.

Now he has the time to train with the team and staff, we can change things about because we weren't great last game aswell. He should be coming in the XI the next two games latest.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Well it's a damn sight more than 1 training session which has been dished out as a reason for him not being included, but ignore it if you want as Puel has much bigger mistakes to worry about.

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Barnes was involved after a day of training from his recall, so why was Tielemans not going to be included?

Barnes is English, trained with the club (specifically the first team) last season, lives local (and didn't have to move for his loan).

Tielemans has come from another country and had limited time training with us and is still settling in. I've not seen any interviews with him so can't comment on his language skills, but that might also be a factor.

And the club will have spent the last few days prepping for the match with 2 DMs in mind. Asking a player new to the club to make his debut in a slightly unfamiliar position against one of the biggest sides in the world and in front of an unhappy home crowd sounds like a poor way to kick off his career.

Give him a few more days to train, let him make a competitive debut away from the toxicity of the King Power and hopefully he can make an impact and kick on.

For what its worth, I think he should have been on the bench yesterday and brought on in the second half. Can't have been worse than Okazaki/Iheanacho, after all, and the game was crying out for someone to take on some long shots from the central spaces United were leaving us.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Barnes is English, trained with the club (specifically the first team) last season, lives local (and didn't have to move for his loan).

Tielemans has come from another country and had limited time training with us and is still settling in. I've not seen any interviews with him so can't comment on his language skills, but that might also be a factor.

And the club will have spent the last few days prepping for the match with 2 DMs in mind. Asking a player new to the club to make his debut in a slightly unfamiliar position against one of the biggest sides in the world and in front of an unhappy home crowd sounds like a poor way to kick off his career.

Give him a few more days to train, let him make a competitive debut away from the toxicity of the King Power and hopefully he can make an impact and kick on.

For what its worth, I think he should have been on the bench yesterday and brought on in the second half. Can't have been worse than Okazaki/Iheanacho, after all, and the game was crying out for someone to take on some long shots from the central spaces United were leaving us.

All very well reasoned and to answer you, his English is impeccable. He also said he was raring to go for Sunday if he was picked. I in no way expected or thought he should start but a common theme of our home games has been what to do when we fall behind (has happened in all but 3 or 4 home games this season) and it's the very reason we've brought him in, but the only alternatives yesterday was like for like changes or bringing strikers on with less potency than a warm tin of shandy bass.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All very well reasoned and to answer you, his English is impeccable. He also said he was raring to go for Sunday if he was picked. I in no way expected or thought he should start but a common theme of our home games has been what to do when we fall behind (has happened in all but 3 or 4 home games this season) and it's the very reason we've brought him in, but the only alternatives yesterday was like for like changes or bringing strikers on with less potency than a warm tin of shandy bass.

Hard to disagree with this. Plus even if he were just on the bench, surely having the opportunity to go through the pre-match preparations and sitting with his team mates has got to be important preparation for when he does play. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Still don't really see the problem, it's more manager bashing really. If he's planned his week tactically with the players for Liv(A) & MnU(H) in the space of five days and set up to do so, a player coming in Wednesday to do contact, medicals, pressers, media ect. might've not had enough time on tactical work with the lads - Man U is a very demanding game for anyone. I still wouldve had him on the bench for a late run out but I know nought.

Now he has the time to train with the team and staff, we can change things about because we weren't great last game aswell. He should be coming in the XI the next two games latest.

Let’s hope so because he isn’t here for many games anyway...missed one already...will be in the bench no doubt Sunday....

Stupid decisions..

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Correct.

Signed Thursday (did a full medical with the coaching staff, after one with Rennie on Weds), trained Friday as per the pictures you'll all be able to see and did the light (very contentious at the moment on the 'light' subject) session on Saturday. Not sure it's hard to believe that given there's photo evidence of the first two, and the players are always in the day before a game......

Puel must have got lost in translation again, assume it was one training session before he picked the team or something. Bullshit to be honest, why not have him on the bench?

Just splitting hairs.....Moaning about it,  It's more crazy than the issue itself...One game ,not chosen whether he had a run-around,then training session,

Whether he had a piss in the facilities on Wednesday,and did a walz on Thursday,played bull-dog-run on Friday,then went on a quiet Vardy party training

Session on Saturday....It all means Fxxk-all!!  And fans getting off on his non-selection, is not far ,...but in the centre of the maddening crowd !!!

Jesus..there are agendas,then there are agendas..!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Just splitting hairs.....Moaning about it,  It's more crazy than the issue itself...One game ,not chosen whether he had a run-around,then training session,

Whether he had a piss in the facilities on Wednesday,and did a walz on Thursday,played bull-dog-run on Friday,then went on a quiet Vardy party training

Session on Saturday....It all means Fxxk-all!!  And fans getting off on his non-selection, is not far ,...but in the centre of the maddening crowd !!!

Jesus..there are agendas,then there are agendas..!!

I'd have disagreed with it if anyone was our manager. No agenda.

This is insane - the same people bashing Puel for not having him on the bench would be excoriating him if he had played and done poorly: "Well clearly he wasn't settled or ready yet to play, Puel Out!"

And this petty Puel says 1 training session but I'm well connected and I know it's actually 3! like it fookin matters. What do you think it'd do to player morale/locker room to have Mendy or Ndidi who's been prepping for the match all week instantly displaced by the guy fresh off the plane? Honestly I don't think a lot of you consider this in your 'criticisms' at all, that a single personnel move and impact the whole squad. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes and the gossip that leaks is at best unreliable. 

To be honest I think part of the reason Mendy was kept on after a early yellow was for the hope that he would get the red, making his replacement forced versus a choice given the insane scrutiny applied to every little move Claude makes. For the Puel out crowd, when your only tool is a hammer, everything becomes a nail. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, knitro said:

This is insane - the same people bashing Puel for not having him on the bench would be excoriating him if he had played and done poorly: "Well clearly he wasn't settled or ready yet to play, Puel Out!"

And this petty Puel says 1 training session but I'm well connected and I know it's actually 3! like it fookin matters. What do you think it'd do to player morale/locker room to have Mendy or Ndidi who's been prepping for the match all week instantly displaced by the guy fresh off the plane? Honestly I don't think a lot of you consider this in your 'criticisms' at all, that a single personnel move and impact the whole squad. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes and the gossip that leaks is at best unreliable. 

To be honest I think part of the reason Mendy was kept on after a early yellow was for the hope that he would get the red, making his replacement forced versus a choice given the insane scrutiny applied to every little move Claude makes. For the Puel out crowd, when your only tool is a hammer, everything becomes a nail. 

I'm sorry but all of this drivel is completely missing the point, I've not seen anyone calling for him to have started the game but simply not to have him as an option off the bench is a waste. We have had issues at home all season with going behind and then being unable to break teams down and yet again we found ourselves in that situation yesterday and yet again we had no answer. We'd not have scored if we were still playing now.

Anyway, that's surely the last time we have to suffer the gruesome twosome in midfield at home, theres very little excuse for it now. 

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm sorry but all of this drivel is completely missing the point, I've not seen anyone calling for him to have started the game but simply not to have him as an option off the bench is a waste. We have had issues at home all season with going behind and then being unable to break teams down and yet again we found ourselves in that situation yesterday and yet again we had no answer. We'd not have scored if we were still playing now.

Anyway, that's surely the last time we have to suffer the gruesome twosome in midfield at home, theres very little excuse for it now. 

Drivel, lol. Who's spot do you have him take:

Ward, Fuchs, Morgan, Choudhury, Ghezzal, Okazaki, Iheanacho