Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes04

Mendy

On 19/03/2019 at 11:09, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Way off the mark!!  Why? the guys 21 and got 15 years ahead of him

Hamza was one of the first Rodgers spoke to when he carried out his initial getting to know you one and ones.

Along with another player I wont disclose, if I was promised in the summer what they have been I'd be pretty chuffed and not about to pack. 

Was it Tavares by any chance?

On 19/03/2019 at 11:09, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Way off the mark!!  Why? the guys 21 and got 15 years ahead of him

Hamza was one of the first Rodgers spoke to when he carried out his initial getting to know you one and ones.

Along with another player I wont disclose, if I was promised in the summer what they have been I'd be pretty chuffed and not about to pack. 

Why you being like that for?

On 19/03/2019 at 19:09, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Thank f*** we're putting loft on a long contract, I was starting to get worried about him

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not that it mattered but is was great to see Mendy work himself into the game last night. At the beginning of his shift his passing always seems labored and slow. Probably as a result of not being used to coming off the bench

Last night he really picked up the pace with crisp passing and changing direction quickly. His tempo really started to drive the rest of the team. In a perfect world I'd clone Ndidi and Mendy as one but that's not going to happen.

Makes me understand why Puel played them together. I hope we see more of Mendy as I really think he has something to offer more than just being a sub

7 hours ago, SO1 said:

Not that it mattered but is was great to see Mendy work himself into the game last night. At the beginning of his shift his passing always seems labored and slow. Probably as a result of not being used to coming off the bench

Last night he really picked up the pace with crisp passing and changing direction quickly. His tempo really started to drive the rest of the team. In a perfect world I'd clone Ndidi and Mendy as one but that's not going to happen.

Makes me understand why Puel played them together. I hope we see more of Mendy as I really think he has something to offer more than just being a sub

I think (with the wisdom of hindsight), that Mendy's skillset might have been a better fit  for that game than Wilf's, although we would have missed Wilf's physicality.

Even when he isn't playing well, Ndidi does a remarkable amount of dirty work, but when a team sits back his ball-winning skills are less important.

58 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I think (with the wisdom of hindsight), that Mendy's skillset might have been a better fit  for that game than Wilf's, although we would have missed Wilf's physicality.

Even when he isn't playing well, Ndidi does a remarkable amount of dirty work, but when a team sits back his ball-winning skills are less important.

We'll see what Rodgers comes up with. All I know from last night was how surprised I was as he grew into the game and picked up the tempo.  I've only watched him since Rodgers arrived.

Don't understand why Ndidi's passing was so compromised. In other games where he dominated it seemed that he didn't have all this pressure to make a long or killer pass.

Everything was shorter and more condensed. Getting the ball and passing or distributing 5 or 10 yds. vs 20. Newcastle did something last night that I don't have the tactical knowledge to understand. 

Like cutting us up into parts and totally destroying the flow of our match. I'm sure Rodgers will go through it with a fine tooth comb. Twice.

Edited by SO1

Actually thought it wasn't a bad idea for a sub. He's no obvious attacking threat but he is a lot better at recycling the ball quickly than Ndidi is which is better for attacking.

He's grown on me a bit as a player in recent weeks.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, SO1 said:

We'll see what Rodgers comes up with. All I know from last night was how surprised I was as he grew into the game and picked up the tempo.  I've only watched him since Rodgers arrived.

Don't understand why Ndidi's passing was so compromised. In other games where he dominated it seemed that he didn't have all this pressure to make a long or killer pass.

Everything was shorter and more condensed. Getting the ball and passing or distributing 5 or 10 yds. vs 20. Newcastle did something last night that I don't have the tactical knowledge to understand. 

Like cutting us up into parts and totally destroying the flow of our match. I'm sure Rodgers will go through it with a fine tooth comb. Twice.

They certainly pressed Wilf, and he didn't cope very well, and I'm thinking that didn't happen the previous games. They were 4-5-1, so I guess they had the manpower in the middle, and the type of players suited to that role.

Obviously there was other stuff going on, but that is as far as I have got with it.

Rewatched the game last night and your right they pressed the crap out of us . All game they gave our players little if any space. Constantly harrassing us. I'm pretty sure other teams will take notice.