Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes04

Mendy

5 hours ago, Guest said:

I like him and hope he's still got a part to play. He's unremarkable but tidy, was excellent at the beginning of the season and has made a positive impact when coming on recently. Think views of him are coloured a bit by the perception of him being "Puel's man", so to speak.

Completely agree about the “Puel’s Man” bit. Same thing applies to Ghezzal; people are absolutely perjoritive towards him for that reason.

Edited by UPinCarolina
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

Good interview, hopefully the majority of fans will now see it wasn't actually Wilf or Papy's fault, that they didn't suit the way Claude asked them to play.

Important to keep him on board if we want to push on next season, imho.

The way Puel had no choice but to ask them to play, based on his options.

• Like 1

Like with many of our players now, he is being played to his strengths. When he came on against Fulham his job wasn't to play pretty football in the middle, he came on to steady the defence as he had done in the previous game. He came on and within 5 minutes made 4 tough tackles in quick succession, it's that side of his game that he is needed for, not the passing that he had to do under Puel out of necessity of not having anyone in the middle who could pass well. Due to that he will probably be limited to bench appearances unless Rodgers goes more conservative against the tougher opposition like Man City.

Edited by cal21212121
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Completely agree about the “Puel’s Man” bit. Same thing applies to Ghezzal; people are absolutely perjoritive towards him for that reason.

That just doesnt apply to Ghezzal as the major difference between the two players is that Mendy can play football.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

He looks strong too.  Certainly has a role to play and a better player than he gets credit for IMO

His strength was an issue in puel’s latter stages ..... getting bullied off the ball and it looked like the opposition were targeting him in this regard. if he isn’t starting then this becomes less of an issue. 

11 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Hope he recovers soon. Good lad. Been decent this season compared to some. Good squad player. 

From what ??.

4 hours ago, cal21212121 said:

Like with many of our players now, he is being played to his strengths. When he came on against Fulham his job wasn't to play pretty football in the middle, he came on to steady the defence as he had done in the previous game. He came on and within 5 minutes made 4 tough tackles in quick succession, it's that side of his game that he is needed for, not the passing that he had to do under Puel out of necessity of not having anyone in the middle who could pass well. Due to that he will probably be limited to bench appearances unless Rodgers goes more conservative against the tougher opposition like Man City.

I think both Wilf and Mendy have been playing so much better since Youri came in and the switch in manager. Playing the two defensive mids in the middle only works sometimes against the big sides and asking Papy to thread an incivisive pass is madness. You could tell the demands of the role was getting to Mendy as his performances just prior to Puel leaving were dire.

Now he is doing what he's best at; Grunt work. Steady the midfield. Give the centrebacks a reliable person to pass too. Keep possession in tight areas. Make tackles. It's unglamorous, bit vital, work. I certaintly appreciate what he does coming on. All good teams need quality off the bench and I think he is a quality defensive midfield. My only qualm is his continued squad prescence is crowding out Hamza, which is a shame but clearly the coaches think Mendy is the better squad player. 

Really happy to see him doing well.

• Like 3

Iff papy concentrates on his fitness I can see him playing the metronome position BR likes to play. He is quite skillfull on the ball, and can play triangles. I think he's still carrying a touch too much weight that he picked up from being on the sidelines for so long, and the apparent lack of conditioning he received during puels reign. 

I was a firm puel inner also 

2 hours ago, Gwyn said:

Iff papy concentrates on his fitness I can see him playing the metronome position BR likes to play. He is quite skillfull on the ball, and can play triangles. I think he's still carrying a touch too much weight that he picked up from being on the sidelines for so long, and the apparent lack of conditioning he received during puels reign. 

Wasn't the complaint of the players too much fitness?

2 hours ago, Lesta blue said:

It looks as though Hamza's not in Brendan Roger's plans. I can see him moving on in the summer.

Way off the mark!!  Why? the guys 21 and got 15 years ahead of him

Hamza was one of the first Rodgers spoke to when he carried out his initial getting to know you one and ones.

Along with another player I wont disclose, if I was promised in the summer what they have been I'd be pretty chuffed and not about to pack. 

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

His strength was an issue in puel’s latter stages ..... getting bullied off the ball and it looked like the opposition were targeting him in this regard. if he isn’t starting then this becomes less of an issue. 

From what ??.

Thought he had a case of anal butt warts. No?

11 hours ago, Gwyn said:

a firm puel inner.

fnaaaaaaaar fnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

13 hours ago, Lesta blue said:

It looks as though Hamza's not in Brendan Roger's plans. I can see him moving on in the summer.

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers confident of 'big future' for Hamza Choudhury

Brendan Rodgers is confident Hamza Choudhury has a big future at Leicester City.

The new manager is yet to include Choudhury in any of his three matchday squads, but rates the academy graduate highly, particularly after his displays around Christmas, when he starred in wins over Chelsea, Manchester City and Everton.

Despite a lack of first-team action over the last month, Choudhury has still earned a place in the England Under-21s squad alongside City team-mates James Maddison, Demarai Gray and Harvey Barnes, and Rodgers says the call-up is justified.

“He’s a very good young player,” said Rodgers. “He hasn’t played for me as of yet, but I’ve seen him in the games where he came into the team a number of months ago, and I’ve really enjoyed working with him in this period.

“He’s a young player with a lot of potential. He’s very much a defensive-minded midfield player, who breaks up the game very well, he covers the ground very well and he will get better with experience and with games.

“He’s a fantastic young boy, and it’s great for him to get recognition. I’m sure he’ll have a big future.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-boss-brendan-rodgers-2663961

1 hour ago, cal21212121 said:

Still think Iborra or Silva good have been a good option. Or invested in the summer transfer window.

Iborra and silva has their chance already and were below par those days, except the manager bounce duration. 

In the summer we've already recruited so many. And our squad is too big (27). Recruiting more will disrupt team cohesion 

• Like 2