Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Banned...

I saw a few people do it during the game, but nothing was done.

If stewards carry on like this we will all be forced to sit in silence.

For your information, it was police officers who ejected the guy and it had nothing to do with stewards. Stewards did not know what happend and were just told by police that two guys were beign ejected for public disorder offences, so before everyone goes around blaming all the stewards i think they should get the facts right. :angry: Dont forget stewards are just doing what they are being told and paid to do, not because they enjoy it.

Shouldnt of done it should you.

I agree with you Daniel. I'm ashamed of what i did today, but it was a flash in the pan.

But surely u cant say you've never done it?

And Lazeez, if you are a steward, i have no hard feelings. I deserved to be chucked out.

did you though C-man?

i sit in the KOP and there are 100's of people around me who stand up and scream F**K OFF REF or F**KS SAKE SYLLA!! and even more. there was even a period of 5 minutes where everyone towards the back of f1 was stood up singing. no steward told us off once. i know you sit inthe family stand and you may be around more young uns than i am but shouldnt it be the same rule for all?

It was very harsh but if you were sat in the family stand then you shouldn't of done it, you will stand out like a sore thumb and it's hardly appropiate around kids.

Indeed. I nearly got into trouble once in the P stand...

for unwillingly mumbling a low-grade insult :P

I agree with you Daniel. I'm ashamed of what i did today, but it was a flash in the pan.

But surely u cant say you've never done it?

And Lazeez, if you are a steward, i have no hard feelings. I deserved to be chucked out.

nice to see you understanding what you have done wrong although i feel you were treated harshly

Ive done that before like im sure alot of people have i would be in shock if they just came and took me out the ground and then to ban me!

Sorry to hear that C-Man, just sums up the Club at the minute and the idiots that run it.

Really what does Tim Davies do to justify his salary? If this isn't overturned then you should sue.

That fat clown knows the issues but he has done the square root of fook all to sort it out. He hides behind the Police and SAG as he doesn't give a hoot about the fans. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

Time to get rid of the numpty.

Sorry to hear that C-Man, just sums up the Club at the minute and the idiots that run it.

Really what does Tim Davies do to justify his salary? If this isn't overturned then you should sue.

That fat clown knows the issues but he has done the square root of fook all to sort it out. He hides behind the Police and SAG as he doesn't give a hoot about the fans. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

Time to get rid of the numpty.

Hold on a mo.

C-Man admits he did wrong, is embarrassed by it and it's Tim Davies' fault?

Many people have said that the punishment seems harsh but when the guy admits his wrongdoing, don't go blaming others.

I agree with Ricey.

Hold on a mo.

C-Man admits he did wrong, is embarrassed by it and it's Tim Davies' fault?

Many people have said that the punishment seems harsh but when the guy admits his wrongdoing, don't go blaming others.

I agree with Ricey.

I am talking about the deeper issues surrounding the heavy handed stewarding that TD regularly pays lip service to and does sod all about.

C-Man gesticulated with the w*nker sign and gets 3 months, he did sod all wrong. He is probably feeling like shit because he won't be able to see City because of over zealous policing/stewarding.

C-Man you did nowt wrong man, but if you feel guilty then fair enough, you don't need to aplogise.

How PC is this poxy country going to get?

C-Man gesticulated with the w*nker sign and gets 3 months, he did sod all wrong.

Sorry but it's wrong.

He's been unlucky to be punished for it but in the eyes of law I'm afraid that it can be interpreted as behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace.

I hope that through his apology he'll be let in again for the next game as he sounds genuinely gutted and remorseful.

As Muz said earlier, hundreds of people probably committed an offence during the game, it doesn't make it any less wrong though.

Sorry but it's wrong.

He's been unlucky to be punished for it but in the eyes of law I'm afraid that it can be interpreted as behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace.

I hope that through his apology he'll be let in again for the next game as he sounds genuinely gutted and remorseful.

As Muz said earlier, hundreds of people probably committed an offence during the game, it doesn't make it any less wrong though.

lol

So 1500 SBS singing "fight fight where ever you may be" isn't breach of the piece? That is what is wrong with the country people view football fans as scum yet they let paedo's and rapists run free.

Three months for a willy puller sign is frankly disgusting. If we carry on with that we'll have folk banged up for screaming abuse at de Vries.

If we were to chuck out everyone who was abusive during a match, there would have to be abandoned games due to lack of players on the pitch.

When was the last time a player (seen by EVERYONE in the ground, and a role model to kids) got sent off and given a 3 month ban for hurling abuse at someone else?

Sorry but it's wrong.

Of course it was wrong. But for eight or 10 stewards to be seen manhandling a fan and then a troop of police running round the pitch to add reinforcements is an utterly over the top reaction to an inconsequential hand gesture. Which was most likely to cause a breach of the peace? As I said a quiet word in his ear from a tactful steward should have been quite sufficient.

Of course it was wrong. But for eight or 10 stewards to be seen manhandling a fan and then a troop of police running round the pitch to add reinforcements is an utterly over the top reaction to an inconsequential hand gesture. Which was most likely to cause a breach of the peace? As I said a quiet word in his ear from a tactful steward should have been quite sufficient.

C-man wasn't the guy turfed out of the Kop.

However, I do agree a quiet word would have been more appropriate, and the lad knows he did wrong. Perhaps if you wrote to Peter Jones, as well as phone him to apologise, the club might overturn the decision, or at least reduce it to a 3 match ban, which I think is the norm.

All sounds very Orwellian, almost fascist. Perhaps Mary Whitehouse has taken control of the stewarding. There's nothing wrong with swearing, it's simply a crude (often succinct) expression of emotion and to be banned from a football ground or even thrown out for calling someone a willy puller is beyond belief. It's akin to throwing someone out of a pub for drinking alcohol.

Archived