Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

Banned...

I think you, C-man, were sitting very close to my brother and Dad in the family stand and if you've been thrown out for just that willy puller sign it's very harsh indeed. My brother and Dad said someone got thrown out of the family stand and because it very rarely happens they were shocked. I sat in the family stand for the last three seasons and I've seen and heard much worse. One bloke who was on the row infront of us last season used to regularly climb under the barrier into N block and go right up to the away fans and swear and gesture in a drunken manner. His little son used to beg him to move away otherwise the police might arrest him. Nothing ever happened to the bloke. He even went up to the very loud Sunderland fans and started blowing kisses at them among other things. There was quite a big police presence at that game but nothing was done. They picked on you because they knew you wouldn't do anything back to them.

Although Shep said he got thrown out for smoking, you hardly see that law put into practice in the family stand anymore either apparently. Stewards have been seen just having a laugh and a joke with people whilst they've been smoking at times. Something should be done about those smokers too if people are going to be thrown out for swearing infront of kids. Swearing infront of kids can change the way they speak but smoking around them could cause them health problems. What's worse?

Totally agree with the heavy handed stewarding being a problem. And to be fair seeing overreaction and police charging about is probably a lot more scary for kids than seeing a few hand gestures.

Do you think having people swearing around you as a kid has affected your perception of wether swearing is acceptable? I don't know you personally so I can't comment, but I would be inclined to think that it could. Kids aren't so good at understanding context, so while you may swear at the Walkers and not at work, they may take it to school, home etc. Like I said parents should be able to sit in the family stand without having to worry about it. And other fans should be able to swear and gesture in other stands without fear of being jumped on by stewards / police and banned.

So why put the Family enclosure next to the away supporters where the incidence of swearing and rude gestures is likely to be as prevalent as amywhere in the ground.

What a bleeding joke i should be banned for 3 years the amount of times i gestured to the cov scum i believed they were wankers. Do you have a season ticket C-man if not just keep buying tickets in a mates name. I know someone whos banned from the walkers for life but he now has a seaon ticket in my uncles name. Don't worry about it mate. Do we have differnt stewards not showsec now. we sshould get the filbo stewards back espescially Leo sayer lol

That is what i find so frustrated esp as me and my mates seen it coming having the family end next to the away fans when it should be the Kop next to the away end this would be better for atmosphere and better for people in the family end i know that when i come to take my kids down (yes you will support leicester, no we cant go old trafford!) i would like to be seated away from the away fans (where our "kop" currently is, i know ive mentioned this frustration before aswell as othere people have but it makes sense for everyone!

I got banned from the Walkers the very first game for 6 months. It was at home against Watford new stadium and got chucked out for smoking and refusing to put out as soon as i was told!

Dont listen to the ban just wear a cap and sit in a quiet section (the whole ground!) not next to the away fans also dont book your ticket in your name

I didnt do this i just went away games, which is where i prefer going now away stewards are normal not no idea monkeys

I remember you getting thrown out at that!

C Man

- have you received any written confirmation about the 3 month ban.

- during a conversation with the club over the last 2 days we mentioned the gesture & length of ban & got a surprised reaction - more like 3 games than 3 months so it is worth confirming

No, but the officer who took my details said that a 3 month ban is standard now :unsure:

I have a season ticket which has been removed from me, so i probably wont go to another game for a while. <_<

I will be there on the 17th November to vent my views, and speak (kindly :) ) to Mr Davies

EDIT: also, although i was in the Family Stand, I was back row, so no-one saw me except the stewards/police officers

No, but the officer who took my details said that a 3 month ban is standard now :unsure:

That is not our understanding having only asked the club this week.

This is one issue we will raise on the 17th.

Although the Tim Davies has said during an interview that each case will be judged on its individual merits (which he has said to us previously), we still believe a general guide should be made available so fans are aware of the potential consequences of their actions

They should be encouraging fans to attend and November 17th is too late for C-man as he will miss home games between now and then. E-mail Tim Davies to vent your frustrations and explain you want your money back for your season ticket if the bans not overturned You shouldn't be ripped off for gesturing a willy puller sign towards coventry city supporters. This is a Joke with a capital J.

So why put the Family enclosure next to the away supporters where the incidence of swearing and rude gestures is likely to be as prevalent as amywhere in the ground.

A lot of clubs do this. I believe it is try and minimise the effect of their own 'troublemakers' from antagonising away fans, and also to moderate the behaviour of the away fans themselves once they see the stand next to them is full of tots.

It doesn't work in practice.

People who said he shouldnt have done the sign are just pathetic, ITS FOOTBALL!! go back to Rugby or watching it on your Sofa cos the pubs to noisy

Oh grow up. If you know that the stewards are being arseholes, don't do anything to get yourself thrown out. That's what people are saying.

Having read some of the comments in this thread, I am willing to accept that my viewpoint is wrong.

In order to be more accepted by society I am now going to go about my daily duties and give the w@anker sign to everyone I meet who is not a Leicester fan.

What I find laughable is that with the family stand right next to the away fans the language and abuse that the family stand will hear is a damn sight more obscene than any Leicester fan would create sitting in that stand. The club are cooooooooooooooonts at times and they wonder why fans are starting to wash their hands with them and not go to matches any longer.

No shit sherlock. People who are in charge of football clubs can be very naive at times when fans can see clearly what the problem is.

Well this whole scene could have been avoided if common sense prevailed, the stewards for that section could have had a 'word' during half time, the stewards in that section could have sat down next to them and told them the letter of the law so to speak.

I mentioned to my partner a few minutes before that some lads are making some atmosphere in the ground at the back, a little subjective maybe but then you will here this at football. None of the chanting I heard was harming anyone, gestures to others (away fans) should be acted on appropriately and if need be for the stewards to carm things as this is what they are paid for, not to idly watch the game.

I think that LCFC should look long and hard at this as this has now set a new precedent I feel, if the stewards want to be heavy handed then people WILL stop coming to games at the time we are trying to attract them back.

The stewards in question walked passed me (within 20yrds) and one looked like he was looking for trouble, just by his body language. I feel a little common sense could have diffuse the whole matter This in turn caused 1,000's of kopites to view what was going off.......

He could have caused a bigger problem, with others getting involved.

I have read the Taylor Report and it’s a worthwhile read, and I think that all stewards should be questioned on it before they are allowed to become stewards.

A lot of clubs do this. I believe it is try and minimise the effect of their own 'troublemakers' from antagonising away fans, and also to moderate the behaviour of the away fans themselves once they see the stand next to them is full of tots.

Please tell me you are kidding about this?

Who really thinks that for example Coventry fans would give two erm thoughts about swearing just because there are children in the adjacent section? I would love to meet the numpty who came up with that one...

I remember the family enclosure at Filbo - used to be behind the dug outs - I cannot really remember much swearing, (which either means that there was none or it made little or no impact on me as a youngster) and the Kop was in the double decker next to the away fans. Was a great atmosphere, and when I was old enough I used to be in the kop myself!

Having been involved in Law Enforcement in an earlier career, I think the situation was handled very badly and a quiet word in C Man's shell-like and a suggestion that he should get his next season ticket in the Kop would have been a much better solution. There would have been no further mess unless C Man repeated his offence, in which case he would deserve it.

It doesn't work in practice.

That's crazy. If fans want to fight they will and for the most part they will do it away from the stadium. There's been relatively little trouble in stadiums over recent years without having away fans next to family enclosures, so I can't understand how this would make any difference.

Having read some of the comments in this thread, I am willing to accept that my viewpoint is wrong.

In order to be more accepted by society I am now going to go about my daily duties and give the w@anker sign to everyone I meet who is not a Leicester fan.

lol

Having family designated areas is a good idea and I don't understand why adults without kids would want to sit there. Although you'll still get swearing in those areas, as well as kids sitting in non-family designated stands.

I don't think hearing swearing at football matches affected me as a kid in any profound way. However, I do believe swearing has become more culturally acceptable but as you mention, it's the context that matters. For example, it's acceptable for a national newspaper to print the word **** on the front page of its main supplement but not OK for a tv news presenter to say the same thing.

Nevertheless football is a context where swearing should be expected and acceptable. Kids are far more likely to follow their parents as role models than football crowds and it's my assumption that bad behaviour in children is far more likely to be picked up from their parents than football spectators.

:mad: Who gave you the right to define what is expected and acceptable at football. Let's think who might disagree with you? The law (of the land, not the cops), the football club, people who want to bring their kids (like me) but won't because I don't know how to explain to them that the fifty people over there are allowed to shout stuff that they get told off for at home.

Agree its not like the bad old days with punch-ups all the time, but what kind of pea brain do you have to be to actually want to shout F**k, S**t, W**k at the opposition supporters. There must be dozens of prats in the ground every week who miss the game bcos they are spending so much time trying to stare out the opposition.

The Walkers should be initimidating for away teams because of the level of positive support for Leicester, not because of threats and abuse. It was great to hear the ex-city lads get a cheer at the start of the Cov

match, but when was the last time you heard 15 minutes solid "Leicester, leicester" at a home match.

This has been posted no doubt but People are posting about swearing in the family stand and how bad and wrong it is, prhaps there right but has anyone realised who and what is situated next to the family stand? Away fans, now the away fans will swear and shout abuse, so what arsehole thought it'd be a good idea to place the family stand right next to the away fans?

Why not (and i'm not the first to have this idea) place the Kop next to the away fans with L1 the other side = Good/Better Atmosphere, at the same time you don't upset these people who don't except abuse and swearing in the family stand...:doh:

Please tell me you are kidding about this?

Who really thinks that for example Coventry fans would give two erm thoughts about swearing just because there are children in the adjacent section? I would love to meet the numpty who came up with that one...

I remember the family enclosure at Filbo - used to be behind the dug outs - I cannot really remember much swearing, (which either means that there was none or it made little or no impact on me as a youngster) and the Kop was in the double decker next to the away fans. Was a great atmosphere, and when I was old enough I used to be in the kop myself!

Having been involved in Law Enforcement in an earlier career, I think the situation was handled very badly and a quiet word in C Man's shell-like and a suggestion that he should get his next season ticket in the Kop would have been a much better solution. There would have been no further mess unless C Man repeated his offence, in which case he would deserve it.

Look, this isn't my idea, so don't have a go at me!! This is one of the reasons I was told many moons ago when I asked why the Family Stand and the Kop couldn't be swapped.

My argument was it didn't stop our fans when we went to other grounds who'd done the same thing, but it was ignored.

This was long before Administration and the current board.

The Preston stewards were right tits last year so tommorrow i'm going to gesture the willy puller sign to the home fans all game to see how if i get chucked out lol and prove that our stewards are reasonable like the rest of the stewards around the country

I will campaign to get stewards from filbo back showsec

lol lol Leo, Leo, Leo

There's only 1 Leo Sayer, one Leo Sayer

Archived