Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Gud - Joey

At this moment and time I don't think any of the players look premiership class, all are inconsistant, the only thing consistant about them is that there inconsistant. Is that due to the fact that it's a new team, constant change's in the line up, or lack of talent, the manager???

I'm not too sure lush, the team is so inconsistant and it's very hard to tell but I will try. from what i have seen this season:

Potentials: Steerman, Sheehan, Hughes, Williams, Hulme

All are young could progress but yet they could fail!!

Joey, has played in the prem but didn't really make an impact.

One of the problem's with the team is that we don't have any prem players, the more experienced members of the team, dublin, wilcox, nils are never going to play top flight again

Williams??? he hasnt showed me anything but a pop star look a like quality.

I would add to your list, maybury, johanson (who has just left brfc) douglas, gerrbrand, macarthy, sylla, hamill and hammond.

They all have the potential quality the premiership demands.

dublin joey williams wilcox de lump are dead meat, meaning they might help us get promotion, but if they do, we then have to replace them. Its much better to play players that will get us there, then play there, saves wasting precious finance, and they gain valable experience along the way, which is why i say drop dublin and joey.

Maybe craig is just using them up with the last six months containing premier potential?

Lush, I think williams needed a kick up his arse, he seemed to cruise through games but at times shows def skills and that little bit extra from the rest of the city bunch. From what people are saying that he is having abit of a pop star style tantrum, which is a shame.

Gerrbrand and maybury haven't featured this season, but McCarthy and Hamill are repidly improving, so I suppose I would add them 2 to the list.

Both Hammond and Sylla have the 'tools', pace, skill and power but I think they fail to grasp there abilities to the maximum and would fail in the prem. Hammond doesn't seem to have that killer instinct and Sylla doesn't seem to be able to produce for the whole 90.

Dublin seems to get the accolade, which must be a real punisher for Nils!!

I agree, city don't have the finances to buy to all young prem quality, plus the oldies are more likely to be happy on the bench or reserves than a younger hungrier player (williams??)

Lush, I think williams needed a kick up his arse, he seemed to cruise through games but at times shows def skills and that little bit extra from the rest of the city bunch. From what people are saying that he is having abit of a pop star style tantrum, which is a shame.

Gerrbrand and maybury haven't featured this season, but McCarthy and Hamill are repidly improving, so I suppose I would add them 2 to the list.

Both Hammond and Sylla have the 'tools', pace, skill and power but I think they fail to grasp there abilities to the maximum and would fail in the prem. Hammond doesn't seem to have that killer instinct and Sylla doesn't seem to be able to produce for the whole 90.

I dont mean what hes having now, ever since he told us he wasnt the next izzet, he hasnt been much good and instead concentrated more on his pop star look a like qualities because his football quality aint there.

Both gerrbrand and maybury have featured :rolleyes:

Again its not about what they have now, but in 10 moths time.

Dunc, we must aim for promotion whether we believe it or not. If we fail, then we`ll be stronger next season.

You can aim for it all you like but we aren't going to get it. Its best to be optimistic I agree but realistic aspirations are better.

Forget about players having Premier potential because the majority will never get the chance to prove you right or not.

Incidentally, Hammond is fecking useless and a complete waste of time IMO. His movement off the ball is terrible, he makes poor runs and times them badly, he is always on his heels, he hasn't got any awareness to build play and he isn't a very good finisher.

MDV is far better.

I dont mean what hes having now, ever since he told us he wasnt the next izzet, he hasnt been much good and instead concentrated more on his pop star look a like qualities because his football quality aint there.

Both gerrbrand and maybury have featured :rolleyes:

Again its not about what they have now, but in 10 moths time.

Dunc, we must aim for promotion whether we believe it or not. If we fail, then we`ll be stronger next season.

I will be suprised if Gerrband has player more then 60mins football this season.

If Hammond has the potential "in 10 months time" as u keep saying why have fulham thrown him out for 350,000.

Joey has been one of our best players this season i think u let ur opinions on cetain players and biasedness seriously effect your judgement.

Lush,

I can't see Hammond, or Sylla improving enough in 10 months and possibly ever, but I hope they prove me wrong, especially Hammond cus if he does he could be a great player!

"Both gerrbrand and maybury have featured" I should have said, have not feature enough this season. But Maybury had a good last season, I still have my doubts about him ever being prem class!

Just to add, Promotion should always be the aim, cus if we don't aim for promotion we will never achieve it!

I will be suprised if Gerrband has player more then 60mins football this season.

If Hammond has the potential "in 10 months time" as u keep saying why have fulham thrown him out for 350,000.

Joey has been one of our best players this season i think u let ur opinions on cetain players and biasedness seriously effect your judgement.

Gerrbrand has played 79mins in 2 games, plus friendlies. From what ive seen of that, plus what ive heard, i reckon he has premiership potential. Its not alot to go on, but were talking about potential here. Ive seen 50 hours of joey, and theres nothing in that 50 that shows prem potential.

Maybe cos fulham dont need him, or they dont have the same opinion. Their managing alright without him. £350,000 for someone that hadnt scored in England is money earnt, and money well spent for us.

lol Joey has been better than last season. Like i ask everyone who says hes our best player, write evidence of his ability?

You can aim for it all you want, but then realism kicks in and you realise we aren't good enough to get promoted this season.

Its will be proved over the next 6 months and this constant over the top expectation just puts more pressure on a team that is building slowly.

If you expect to be promoted you will be sorely disappointed and probably be the ones moaning and booing when we don't. A touch of realism would give the team a bit of time (ie this season) to build towards something verging on promotion next season.

Gerrbrand has played 79mins in 2 games, plus friendlies. From what ive seen of that, plus what ive heard, i reckon he has premiership potential. Its not alot to go on, but were talking about potential here. Ive seen 50 hours of joey, and theres nothing in that 50 that shows prem potential.

Maybe cos fulham dont need him, or they dont have the same opinion. Their managing alright without him. £350,000 for someone that hadnt scored in England is money earnt, and money well spent for us.

lol Joey has been better than last season. Like i ask everyone who says hes our best player, write evidence of his ability?

Somebody has already explained to you his qualties, you just seem to bag on him cuz he doesnt shoot from 25 yards out against burnely. Also reffer to ur so called player rating against Cov 6.5?? quotes from team talk.

Gudjonsson continued to play an influential role

Gudjonsson continued to provide the main threat

Somebody has already explained to you his qualties, you just seem to bag on him cuz he doesnt shoot from 25 yards out against burnely. Also reffer to ur so called player rating against Cov 6.5?? quotes from team talk.

Yeah your right they did, and i fell off my chair with hysterics. I was hoping someone else would enlighten me into something i didnt see of joey, sadly im right and joey for all his enthusiasm just isnt good enough for us.

I was drunk when i gave him 6.5, i do appologise, it should`ve been just a 6 due to the stupid yellow card.

Archived