Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
knitro

Football365: Leicester are one fine summer from a Champions League squad

The reality is that we have really only added one player to our first team. Tielemens was in it from jan. Justin is a back up full back for now. Perez is the only new addition to the first team.

The other reality is that in those last 10-12 games we were 3rd on form. 

We are very close to that top 6. Another scoring winger would be great but the dilemma is, do we leave out Barnes and Gray. My choice would be to start with Barnes.

My other choice is to keep Maguire whatever the offers. He is integral to our style of play. No wonder the manc clubs want him.

Once we sell the Silvas etc the books will be balanced.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

The reality is that we have really only added one player to our first team. Tielemens was in it from jan. Justin is a back up full back for now. Perez is the only new addition to the first team.

The other reality is that in those last 10-12 games we were 3rd on form. 

We are very close to that top 6. Another scoring winger would be great but the dilemma is, do we leave out Barnes and Gray. My choice would be to start with Barnes.

My other choice is to keep Maguire whatever the offers. He is integral to our style of play. No wonder the manc clubs want him.

Once we sell the Silvas etc the books will be balanced.

While it is true that we've only added one player to the first XI, I think having YT and Rodgers for a whole season will make a huge difference.

Puel didn't have the guts to let his players off the leash, and it was like we were playing with our shoelaces tied together. Thankfully, those days are behind us. There's a much better atmosphere about the club now.

I think the squad is just about good enough as it is to achieve top 6 this season. I think we could do with a bit of decent cover for Maddison and Tielemans, but other than that, I wouldn't change much. I can't wait til August.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

While it is true that we've only added one player to the first XI, I think having YT and Rodgers for a whole season will make a huge difference.

Puel didn't have the guts to let his players off the leash, and it was like we were playing with our shoelaces tied together. Thankfully, those days are behind us. There's a much better atmosphere about the club now.

I think the squad is just about good enough as it is to achieve top 6 this season. I think we could do with a bit of decent cover for Maddison and Tielemans, but other than that, I wouldn't change much. I can't wait til August.

Me too. Exciting times.

Since Esteban Cambiasso left in 2015, Leicester have sold one of their best players in every summer transfer window. N’Golo Kante followed in 2016, then Danny Drinkwater in 2017 and finally Riyad Mahrez last year.

I'd be excited if Kante or Mahrez were to come back.  Not so much DD.

We are just a Top quality winger away from competing for a Top 4-6 place imo.

We have the players to compete at that level, but we need to do the business against the lower premier league teams, we need to be ruthless and I think that’s what Brendan will want from this team. He alluded last season we didn’t kill off teams with a final pass or the goals.

On 12/07/2019 at 22:30, Lestoh said:

Was that when Lloyd Dyer scored in our 2-1 loss to Real Madrid and we were convinced Sven was about to lead us to the Champions League?

Yes. Opening game was Cov (a) 

Won 1-0 with a Lee Peltier header, and 8000 Leicester fans singing ‘We’re Leicester City, we’re buying the league’ ??

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yes. Opening game was Cov (a) 

Won 1-0 with a Lee Peltier header, and 8000 Leicester fans singing ‘We’re Leicester City, we’re buying the league’ ??

Yeah I was there, great atmosphere that day. We played pretty crap considering the money we'd spent but we actually took more fans than they had at the game.

• Like 1