Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wokinghamfox

What has happened to The Mercury

Guest Eamonn
4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

He wouldn't have a choice about that kind of content appearing online either. These strategy decisions aren't made at New Walk.

As I've said before, the Mercury in print still offers the best City stories without the clickbait shite. If you want good journalism, buy the paper...

Not so easy when you don't live in Leicester . 

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Rob Tanner since moving to The Athletic has been awesome

He hasn't suddenly become a better writer overnight by changing jobs. What he has got is more time to write articles, more funding to travel, and less coercion to write clickbait. Not to say it's in any way free from clickbait. For example his most recent article from which title I was expecting an indepth discussion on Tielemans leadership qualities, but was just repeating a quote about Tielemans from Rodgers and went on to talk about Morgan instead, on which he didn't say anything new either. I paid £15 for the year but honestly don't think it's worth it if you are only after the LCFC articles. 

16 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

In all honesty, I have been impressed with Jordan Blackwell since he stepped into the main LCFC spot at the Mercury. The website still has the same problems, no need to list them, but his articles are usually not bad.

Seconded.

Rob's great - and his writing for The Athletic has been enjoyable - but he'd been at the Mercury a long time and a new voice there has freshened things up.

Not saying it's better than before but it's different and I like reading Jordan's stuff.

[Notwithstanding the other clickbait garbage on the site]