Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Ivan Perisic

Top draw player. At 30 is certainly not too old. Resale value not really relevant if the price tag reflects this as you get the value from having a good player and maybe increasing chances of top 6.  whether or not we could meet his wages even if he did fancy it here is another matter altogether, as is whether or not he would integrate into the ethos here but getting him would be real feather in the cap and show serious intent.

As far as whether or not he would fit in for me this is the biggest risk as, if not then we could be stuck with another dud with attitude issues, on high wages and too old to be able to move on easily.  I presume that in any transfer negotiations some form of "interview" would take place to get a measure of the character etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urban fox said:

Top draw player. At 30 is certainly not too old. Resale value not really relevant if the price tag reflects this as you get the value from having a good player and maybe increasing chances of top 6.  whether or not we could meet his wages even if he did fancy it here is another matter altogether, as is whether or not he would integrate into the ethos here but getting him would be real feather in the cap and show serious intent.

As far as whether or not he would fit in for me this is the biggest risk as, if not then we could be stuck with another dud with attitude issues, on high wages and too old to be able to move on easily.  I presume that in any transfer negotiations some form of "interview" would take place to get a measure of the character etc.

Unlikely imo, he’s a big enough name that someone in China would pounce on him. Don’t think we’d get stuck with him at all 

if we had him on our wing and he helps us achieve a top 6 spot then the price tag for age and sell on value is irrelevant.

Barring any injuries a world level winger is the missing piece in our 11 if we wanted to hit top 6.

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2