Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Ivan Perisic

Getting on a wee bit now and wouldn't get any return on the investment financially but could very well be a sensational signing if it could be pulled off.  Have watched quite a bit of Serie A this year and he's still Inter's main man.

Punt Maguire for £70-80m

Sign Perisic for £30m, Tielemans for £40m and Sarr for £30m and that's a fantastic window.  Obviously not that simple but you get the point lol!

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 3

Forget the age, Perisic pays back his investment due to his quality on the pitch, his guidance to our young squad and his appeal to other better quality players to come here. Plus, at 30 he has at least 4 years left at the top.

no chance this happens - for that price he will have enough offers from teams in Europe.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

I could handle that lol!  I've never really had a preference over an English team but I feel some sort of connection with Leicester now because I like this forum lol!  Which is very weird as in February I had a deep resentment of Leicester and Rodgers but I guess that was the early stages of grief talking lol!  Gutted he left and still am but in time I've realised my lasting opinion is that he brought us great success and memories that will last a lifetime so shouldn't complain, he was always going to move on, that's football.

Your next step will be get a ticket to one of City's games, sure someone on here would help you with that, then you will be truly hooked and Celtic will be a thing of the past,(well,maybe your second team, lol)

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Getting on a wee bit now and wouldn't get any return on the investment financially but could very well be a sensational signing if it could be pulled off.  Have watched quite a bit of Serie A this year and he's still Inter's main man.

Punt Maguire for £70-80m

Sign Perisic for £30m, Tielemans for £40m and Sarr for £30m and that's a fantastic window.  Obviously not that simple but you get the point lol!

That might be a mini version of how Liverpool sold Coutinho to bring in VVD and Alison and ended up with a far stronger and more rounded team as a result. I don't even think we'd need Sarr, just two players of Tielemans and Perisic's ability would significantly improve the team in key areas. 

That said, it's almost certain that we are getting way too excited about this player when we'd be pretty near the bottom of the list of clubs likely to sign him. Though the rumour is so outlandish it makes you think there might be some element to it, even if all that element is his agent letting our connections know he's available for transfer this summer to start a bidding / contract war. Arsenal were heavily linked with him in the January window so perhaps it's not too much of a stretch to think a mid table club could pick him up. I can't see it happening though as this player is just too good as proven during the world cup and really should be playing Champions League football for a top team.

Also as others have said, it's great to have you on the forums. I'm usually not a fans from other clubs on here as they tend to be here to cause aggro or have a wind-up, but you are a genuine breath of fresh air!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That might be a mini version of how Liverpool sold Coutinho to bring in VVD and Alison and ended up with a far stronger and more rounded team as a result. I don't even think we'd need Sarr, just two players of Tielemans and Perisic's ability would significantly improve the team in key areas. 

That said, it's almost certain that we are getting way too excited about this player when we'd be pretty near the bottom of the list of clubs likely to sign him. Though the rumour is so outlandish it makes you think there might be some element to it, even if all that element is his agent letting our connections know he's available for transfer this summer to start a bidding / contract war. Arsenal were heavily linked with him in the January window so perhaps it's not too much of a stretch to think a mid table club could pick him up. I can't see it happening though as this player is just too good as proven during the world cup and really should be playing Champions League football for a top team.

Also as others have said, it's great to have you on the forums. I'm usually not a fans from other clubs on here as they tend to be here to cause aggro or have a wind-up, but you are a genuine breath of fresh air!

Thanks very much mate.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Is SO1 a Liverpool fan?

I'm a Brendan Rodgers fan since Swansea. Hard to build an allegiance to a team when your 4000 miles away and can't attend matches. Yet.  What time brings who knows.

As long as Brendan's your manager I'm with you 100%.:brendan: Much more enjoyable to follow than the whims of rich owners and chairman. That said my football viewing schedule is getting mighty congested between Celtic, Liverpool, Swansea and the home base(here). Glad to see you here Henrik_62.

Nice to see you spare a little love for Brendan........ Don't worry I won't tell anyone in Glasgow.:)

6 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I'm a Brendan Rodgers fan since Swansea. Hard to build an allegiance to a team when your 4000 miles away and can't attend matches. Yet.  What time brings who knows.

As long as Brendan's your manager I'm with you 100%.:brendan: Much more enjoyable to follow than the whims of rich owners and chairman. That said my football viewing schedule is getting mighty congested between Celtic, Liverpool, Swansea and the home base(here). Glad to see you here Henrik_62.

Nice to see you spare a little love for Brendan........ Don't worry I won't tell anyone in Glasgow.:)

lollollol

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Not every player needs to have a resale value.

Sometimes you pay the fee to have that player for the duration of their contract and that's it.

Something about this reminds me of Steven Gerrard and watching how Rodgers used him as he started to decline until he was pretty much done by Rodgers third year.

Going from an attacking midfielder to slowly dropping back to a deep lying playmaker and finally a defensive midfielder with a killer long ball.

I could easily see Perisic moving from a winger to these positions on the field as he ages. Still retaining his exceptional technical abilities.

If this deal isn't BS then I bet Brendan's going to be sitting across the table selling him on his ability to lengthen his career. He could contribute to the club for another 3-4 yrs.