Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
vanity

Vardy at RW vs. low block?

17 hours ago, shailen said:

He's a centre forward and one of the best in the world in that position. What we should be working on is getting our wingers and midfielders to create more for him, as we know he will put them away.

That tielemans ball across was the only chance he had on Sunday and was feeding off scraps and very isolated.

Tielemans was well-covered most of the game, a consequence of playing Maddison out wide. We need two creative players in the middle, one is too easy to shutdown. With one, we wind up looking like Puel's two DM squads that couldn't score against deep-lying defenses. It is just too easy for teams as skilled as Wolves to shutdown one AM.

16 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Our problem certainly isn’t Vardy, he’s the greatest striker on our clubs history. Our problem can be the lack of a plan B, since Ulloa left we’ve not had a “target man” to mix things up. I’m not saying we need a big old fashioned lump up front to come on but I would like us to have another option when it comes to breaking stubborn defences down.

My thinking is along the same lines. This would be an attacking wrinkle we could switch to without substitutions that would get Vardy the ball in situations where he isn't getting service and is isolated. He has so much all around ability that it occurred to me he might be able to pull off some time on the wing to draw defenders out wide and open up the box some. Just a thought for what we might try when stymied by a deep defense.

• Like 1

There were several problems on Sunday from poor individual play to fitness levels to tactics. We played too compact with not enough movement from individual players who I suspect were trying to stick to orders. This didn't work on Sunday and it won't work long term unless we change tactics.

We lacked real leadership on the field on Sunday. The player with that vision is Tielemans he needs to be given that responsibility to decide in the heat of a game how to adjust tactics to get a result.

You also need players allowed the freedom to express themselves. I don't think I seen Maddison taking on one player on Sunday. it was all sideways and Backwards passes. Fearful of losing possession when what we needed washim to draw a 2nd defender onto him after slipping by the first man.

What we also needed as a Team to do on Sunday was to allow the game to breadth. Let Wolves feel that they're pushing us back up the field while all the time we're really waiting for gaps to appear and space behind  in which we can attack quickly and find a way through. But it takes leadership and someone to make that decision. Either Rogers or Tielemans but he'd have to be given that responsibility by the Coach so as everyone is aware as to whats happening.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Who coined this term low block? It's fvcking shit. 

Didn't Graeme Souness lose his shit over this too when Alex Scott called it a low block? 

He just come across as a sexist dinosaur though. I'm sure your not a dinosaur. You might be tho

6 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

Didn't Graeme Souness lose his shit over this too when Alex Scott called it a low block? 

He just come across as a sexist dinosaur though. I'm sure your not a dinosaur. You might be tho

No, nor a sexist, just hate the term, defending deep is the basic translation, not sure why or how this shit term got coined that's all. 

• Like 1

The problem against Wolves wasn't Vardy nor Wolves handling of him. 

The problem against Wolves was everyone in charge of our build up was apparently still on the beach in their minds. 

Maddison, Tielemans, Chilwell, Hamza, Ndidi were all half asleep. Madders in particularly seemed to want half an hour to make every decision. 

I'd say Ricardo and Caglar were the two best players on the pitch but other than that the rest of our lot were still in friendly mode. 

Rodgers reign so far has been characterised by quite quick, zippy build up, Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Gray pinging the ball about, playing quick one twos, generating width but also getting close to Vardy. 

For some reason Rodgers opted to change up the shape and personnel somewhat and I can only assume it knocked their flow a little, that or they all just need a solid slap. 

Hopefully we go back to what was working for us last year against Chelsea because they're there for the taking.