Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jack1993

Comedy

Hello everybody, 

Sorry if this is strange, I find it strange too...

I’m just doing a small recky to see who on here is in to their comedy... last year I was going to do a show at the festival about LCFC but because of the tragic events I knocked it on the head... 

next year i’m going to do a show that is heavily LCFC related (there’s a good few comedians that are also Leicester fans) the  subject is absolutely going to be 5000/1 and it’ll be 90 minutes long. Just wondering if there is a market for it when the festival is on (February) - I can tailor it if need be but it’ll be 90 minutes of me taking about it and pandering to LCFC! 

I think it’ll be well worth going to - laughs, beers etc. 

Let me me know if you’d be interested :) 

Ready for negative feedback 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jack1993 said:

Hello everybody, 

Sorry if this is strange, I find it strange too...

I’m just doing a small recky to see who on here is in to their comedy... last year I was going to do a show at the festival about LCFC but because of the tragic events I knocked it on the head... 

next year i’m going to do a show that is heavily LCFC related (there’s a good few comedians that are also Leicester fans) the  subject is absolutely going to be 5000/1 and it’ll be 90 minutes long. Just wondering if there is a market for it when the festival is on (February) - I can tailor it if need be but it’ll be 90 minutes of me taking about it and pandering to LCFC! 

I think it’ll be well worth going to - laughs, beers etc. 

Let me me know if you’d be interested :) 

Ready for negative feedback 

Not strange at all. Sounds like a great idea. Hope all goes well & am sure you'll get a lot of support especially if it's included in the Leicester comedy festival.

Contact the organisers ASAP as their events calender is planned well in advance.

I would not be doing 90 mins, even accomplished stand ups are barely filling an hour - I can't think of many shows I've seen this year that really meet the hour mark. 

Best of luck with it though. Have done a couple of 5 minute new comedy slots that were genuinely the hardest things I've ever done. Realised I prefer writing to performing and hoping to be part of something for next year's fringe but we shall see. Idk your experience but fair play and hope you nail it. 

Thanks for your feedback gents. I think I’ve worded my initial post wrong, the 90 minutes would include other comedians and a break - if it was just me it’d be an hour as is a typical time slot for the festival. I will be doing my own normal show at the festival and taking it to Edinburgh next year all being well but I was hoping there would be enough interest to be able to do a one off LCFC related show that obviously couldn’t be used at other festivals. 

Probably worth mentioning that despite my atrociously unfunny comments all over this forum I am actually a comedian - I’m not thinking of writing this show as a first foray into comedy haha, again I can see how my poor wording makes it look that way lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jack1993 said:

Thanks for your feedback gents. I think I’ve worded my initial post wrong, the 90 minutes would include other comedians and a break - if it was just me it’d be an hour as is a typical time slot for the festival. I will be doing my own normal show at the festival and taking it to Edinburgh next year all being well but I was hoping there would be enough interest to be able to do a one off LCFC related show that obviously couldn’t be used at other festivals. 

Probably worth mentioning that despite my atrociously unfunny comments all over this forum I am actually a comedian - I’m not thinking of writing this show as a first foray into comedy haha, again I can see how my poor wording makes it look that way lol

Makes so much more sense now, Mr Whitehall.

Actually, scratch that last bit, you said you were a comedian. :ph34r: