Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Cologne / NRW

I have just stumbled across this. Being from the region natively, I have a lot of time for it, especially Dusseldorf and Cologne.

Cologne is lovely, as people say, the Cathedral (Dom) is essential to visit, I have also been to the chocolate museum which was a good visit. Lots of good breweries around the Dom. As someone else mentioned above, my personal favourite is Dusseldorf (bit of a sin being from Krefeld but oh well). I love the altbier. And Dusseldorf has the longest bar in the world (or so they claim - it's basically the Bolkerstrasse where there is pub/bar one after another).

I am heading to Dusseldorf in mid April for my 30th birthday celebrations with about 16 lads. Look forward to it.

• Like 1

Ticking off Fortuna Dusseldorf during a football weekender next month. On a bit of a tight schedule but will hopefully have a chance to get back in a couple of the Altbier brewhouses before the match. Looks like they serve the one from the Schumacher brewery in the ground too. :beer:

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Ticking off Fortuna Dusseldorf during a football weekender next month. On a bit of a tight schedule but will hopefully have a chance to get back in a couple of the Altbier brewhouses before the match. Looks like they serve the one from the Schumacher brewery in the ground too. :beer:

This is exactly what we are doing for my 30th, going to Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Hoffenheim. Bit of a rough season for them so far.

It was Frankenheim Altbier previously but since this season it is Schumacher. The first top tier club in Germany to serve beer from the town they play in/come from. Something like this should happen much more often in the PL but they all go for foreign influence (Spurs have done it recently using Beavertown which is good to see).

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This is exactly what we are doing for my 30th, going to Fortuna Dusseldorf vs Hoffenheim. Bit of a rough season for them so far.

It was Frankenheim Altbier previously but since this season it is Schumacher. The first top tier club in Germany to serve beer from the town they play in/come from. Something like this should happen much more often in the PL but they all go for foreign influence (Spurs have done it recently using Beavertown which is good to see).

Yeah, totally agree! Brighton do it with Harvey's as well.

A few years ago Bochum tried to change their supplier contract away from the local Moritz Fiege brewery. VfL fans are fiercely proud of their local beer and you can even get a half-half scarf of the club and brewery. lol

They threatened to boycott if Fiege was taken out of the concourses and the club duly folded to their demands.

16 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I have just stumbled across this. Being from the region natively, I have a lot of time for it, especially Dusseldorf and Cologne.

Cologne is lovely, as people say, the Cathedral (Dom) is essential to visit, I have also been to the chocolate museum which was a good visit. Lots of good breweries around the Dom. As someone else mentioned above, my personal favourite is Dusseldorf (bit of a sin being from Krefeld but oh well). I love the altbier. And Dusseldorf has the longest bar in the world (or so they claim - it's basically the Bolkerstrasse where there is pub/bar one after another).

I am heading to Dusseldorf in mid April for my 30th birthday celebrations with about 16 lads. Look forward to it.

Been to Munich and Berlin, both great but for different reasons, Cologne would be my next place to visit in Germany, have fun in April 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Fortuna's ground is great. @Soup and I were on their terrace when we beat Man City 3-1 when everyone else stayed in Weiherstube. Great food and drink in the concourse but make sure you get into the central blocks of the terrace early doors. They give you a wristband which gets you access to the terrace but it's split into a number of pens and when one's full they close it off and you have to go to the next one. 

• Thanks 1