Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Mocking our rivals

28 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’ve never understood why they don’t like being called Notts Forest. They’re from Nottingham and Notts is simple why of referring to Nottingham. People from Nottingham regularly refer to Nottingham as Notts. Weird bunch.

I thought Notts is the county not the City.  Like calling us Leics City.

Edited by Jon the Hat

28 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’ve never understood why they don’t like being called Notts Forest. They’re from Nottingham and Notts is simple why of referring to Nottingham. People from Nottingham regularly refer to Nottingham as Notts. Weird bunch.

Probably because there's two clubs and County use the Notts.

The only occasions that I would have any interest in English clubs playing in Euro Competitions is when they are in close proximity and therefore continued involvement has a beneficial influence on our league position. For example, I'd like to see Wolves remain in the Europa Thursday night league.