Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Mocking our rivals

There's no point in taking the piss out of any of them at the moment, it's like taking candy from a baby. Notts Forest, Derby and Cov have all been completely irrelevant during my lifetime, none of them have won anything and they've all been through significant periods of abject failure. 

Almost felt bad for Derby when we hung those banners on the M1 back in May lol 

• Like 1

Growing up in North Leicestershire I absolutely detest deluded Forest fans and don't have a great deal of time for the Sheep either.

The last few times I've been into Nottingham city centre recently I've been pleasantly surprised at seeing the number of kids walking around wearing Leicester shirts on with not a Forest shirt in sight. Furthermore, I was with my family and some friends a few months back in Rushcliffe Country Park and there must have been about 15/20 kids playing within the huge play area there all decked out head to toe in their Leicester kits. 

In my opinion that's probably the biggest insult you could deal to any local team. You know you're pretty much irrelevant in the football world when not only are the local people choosing to support another team but they're snubbing the likes of Man United, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, etc. for your local rivals. Long may that trend continue. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

There's no point in taking the piss out of any of them at the moment, it's like taking candy from a baby. Notts Forest, Derby and Cov have all been completely irrelevant during my lifetime, none of them have won anything and they've all been through significant periods of abject failure. 

I believe your post,hits the preverbial "nail in the head"...

Today modern Leicester Fans,2-4 generations of no Real Local rivalry...,simply because our closest ,nearest & dearest would be "local-derby" rivals, have themselves been struggling...for those Football-life generations...Stoke & WBA had PL Quality for a while,and to be fair,there was a Time we would of liked to of  been in their position....But they suffered and lacked poor investment & Top  management organisation.eh

In this Time our owners were Learning taking in hard earned facts & experiences,and decide to take their Adopted Child seriously...Town,People,and club...History has shown in the mean time,the Learning Process has been so far successful .

Other outside peoples can judge und discuss if their Business Thoughts und developing a football Club Building Project

( in a cynical World ).  is Unique or not...

Outside the normal Banter ,I Don t ,and Never will understand,the snidey cynical ,ridiculous remarks,from some of foxestalk-posters,over opposing players,or clubs. Often more vicious,than what we receive from others....If its Historical  against opposing fans,Don t forget,we have ourselves not been pur,nor nice historically, having rumbles in Family areas of cities,also citing racist remarks und chanting. Some even wrecking Property in their own streets...We have like any other Club  nice Single or married people,who on gameday,

or Too regularly  on this forum,simply turn into Football-ASBOS.....

Also we have has a forum, a seeming agenda, to throw nothing but distain over the England International Side und chosen players...We are over bias towards seeing only our Leicester players getting the nod...

Southgate has changed the whole Ethos of the England Set up. Old guard and selection Policy has changed

Southgate has gone towards youth,has Good suprising young selections, just because he hasnt yet selected the best English-midfielder,can be discussed und debated I am sure he, Maddison would of seen a couple more caps,But he took Knocks at the wrong time,in These last 2 international-breaks.....

But no we have to slag-off and throw distain all over the place...The other 4 Home countries would Love to be even near our situation....

If seems English east-midlands fans,would prefer to Waste their Time and our time,in doing nothing But criticising One of the best strikers and goal getting strikers in todays football..Harry Kane..!!!   Even if we say the Teams we have played over the past years havent been (in their Opinion ) The right decent quality, or up to scratch..

Well even our past Quality and forelorn strikers, found it difficult to put the ball in the net..against any team...!!

Look !!!  I thought Harry lands Historical with Vardy in our title year,were entertaining Bloody Funny and Fell on ridiculous Stoney ground...

But he like Vardy,can be Quiet then Pops up with,jammy ,and excellent goals....

He plays for a team that were better but Now behind us in Team quality,But still upset the Opposition and knows how to find The net.....In an England shirt I

will always support & encourage him...Put him in a Manu,Chelsea,L'pool or Spanish-Club shirt,he would easily up his Scoring rate....With Vardy at his side,he would be the striker that solves our problems...Bloomfield got Weller,Worthington , Sammels,the Birch.....Rodgers could put in an arrogant n cheeky bid,Next summer,if Spurs fk up their season....He stays in England,comes to a welcoming Friendly  and Not doubtfull career based club,Not far from London and

Our language is Not far off London -English..:welcome:..:giggle: ..he would help to prolong Vardys career.....might then even  entice, our own young Guns to stay..!!! 

I prefer the old caustic banter,But also  humble banter, which was the Bbone of this forum.....!!!  

Edited by fuchsntf

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I don't like it when Leicester fans buy into Forest and Derby's "we don't care about Leicester" routine, they do it to wind us up and it mostly works. It's easy to trot it out when we beat them but as soon as they beat us it's all ahaha argghh hate Leicester hahaha

In fairness a lot probably don’t care much just because they’ve been told not to care over the years, but for most of them you’re right, a post on Forests forum got shared on here not long back and it’s clear to see how bitter they are, funny how they think it doesn’t matter how bad they speak of us as long as they start the sentence off with “I don’t care about Leicester but..” to be honest it all got boring a long time ago.

Personally looking forward to Cov if they get through, both set of fans should be up for it and we don’t have to listen to them go on about how they are bigger rivals with every other club in existence than they are with us.

Edited by Yes
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Yes said:

In fairness a lot probably don’t care much just because they’ve been told not to care over the years, but for most of them you’re right, a post on Forests forum got shared on here not long back and it’s clear to see how bitter they are, funny how they think it doesn’t matter how bad they speak of us as long as they start the sentence off with “I don’t care about Leicester but..” to be honest it all got boring a long time ago.

Personally looking forward to Cov if they get through, both set of fans should be up for it and we don’t have to listen to them go on about how they are bigger rivals with every other club in existence than they are with us.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that Forest and Derby act like you can't have more than one rival. One hand they'll go "we don't care about Leicester" and then both try and force a rivalry with Leeds who don't particularly care about either. The north west clubs and London clubs are a good example, they have their main rivals but still all dislike each other significantly.

Hopefully Cov make to through, they unabashedly hate us though which is great.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheCryptoPoet said:

There was a bit of sentiment throughout this thread about not needing rivals and no desire to be mocking anyone and whatnot. 

Head over to the "5th round draw" thread to take a peek at just how rabid and desperate some of us are for a local rival. 

Not complaining, I quite like it! 

I don't think anyone is desperate for a local rival, I mean, surely no one has been pining for Coventry or ever gives them a second thought.

However, when they turn up in the cup, a chance to smash our not very good neighbours and smear them into the turf puts a great big smile on my face.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I don't like it when Leicester fans buy into Forest and Derby's "we don't care about Leicester" routine, they do it to wind us up and it mostly works. It's easy to trot it out when we beat them but as soon as they beat us it's all ahaha argghh hate Leicester hahaha

Does it actually wind people up? lol

I ****ing love them both for it tbh. Such a weird rivalry where they claim to be rivals but are completely in love with each other. For 20+ years the sole purpose of either club's existence has been to brighten the other's season. Particularly for Forest, apart from Majewski's volley at West Brom all they've had is beating Derby, Derby's PL record, and Keogh falling over. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Another thing I forgot to mention is that Forest and Derby act like you can't have more than one rival. One hand they'll go "we don't care about Leicester" and then both try and force a rivalry with Leeds who don't particularly care about either. The north west clubs and London clubs are a good example, they have their main rivals but still all dislike each other significantly.

Yeah bang on really, didn’t know Forest were forcing it with Leeds but not surprised. That reminds me of this video that Derby put out last time they played Leeds.

after that I think Derby lose the right to be able to accuse anyone of forcing a rivalry. 

I’m not going to piss on decent football fans for sticking with their local sides during shitty times. Good on them.

I’d rather take the piss out of those of you snuggled up in your Man Utd pyjamas while a handful of us went to Hartlepools on a rain-soaked Tuesday night. Funny how busy the forum is these days - I wonder why?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, murphy said:

I don't think anyone is desperate for a local rival, I mean, surely no one has been pining for Coventry or ever gives them a second thought.

However, when they turn up in the cup, a chance to smash our not very good neighbours and smear them into the turf puts a great big smile on my face.

...Salivating at the prospect of...

Is that better? 

I’m amazed that anyone cares whether Derby and Forest fans care about us. 

I don’t have feelings either way for either of their clubs, not in a sour way but just because I don’t. 

I’m more likely to like/dislike another club because of the way they play football or if they have a largely arrogant plastic fan base.

I pity all three of them for being complete and utter shit for my entire lifetime. 

I love the tinpot rivalry that Forest and Derby have, it's admirable and entirely understandable when they have absolutely **** all else to play for or enjoy. 

I quite enjoy a bit of rivalry with Cov, but again, they are fully tinpot and nowhere near us. Will still enjoy giving them a big day out. 

I'll have a good laugh at Forest becoming another year of irrelevant to world football when they fail to go up again. 

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

The Forest Liverpool example of this is also utterly mind blowing. There’s a full generation of Scouse Liverpool fans who probably don’t know what a Nottingham Forest is, let alone anything about a rivalry. 

Ive always admired Cov more because they do just full on despise us and they make no bones about it, it’s great, as much as I hate them I really do enjoy playing them, it does produce a proper derby feel. 

Good memories of taking 6000 to the Ricoh too. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’m amazed that anyone cares whether Derby and Forest fans care about us. 

I don’t have feelings either way for either of their clubs, not in a sour way but just because I don’t. 

I’m more likely to like/dislike another club because of the way they play football (**cough**cough** Burnley) or if they have a largely arrogant plastic fan base. (**cough**cough** Any Traditional Top 6 team)

Its a valid point, and sorry to make light, who gives a toss about how local such rivalries once were? Stop looking back, the future is bright :D

• Haha 1

On 18/11/2019 at 11:33, Sol thewall Bamba said:

For me though, it's more about how they are all scabby bastards with no morals. 

9 hours ago, Daggers said:

I’m not going to piss on decent football fans for sticking with their local sides during shitty times. Good on them.

I’d rather take the piss out of those of you snuggled up in your Man Utd pyjamas while a handful of us went to Hartlepools on a rain-soaked Tuesday night. Funny how busy the forum is these days - I wonder why?

Freezing Tuesday night, Old Den February 1985 Fifth Round FA Cup - lost 2 nil. Kettled by the police in the ground, who promptly ****ed off when they eventually opened the gates at the Ilderton Road end, where the Bushwhackers were lying in wait. I remember running blindly through the back alleys of New Cross and crawling under a Commer van for refuge where I lay in the rapidly freezing slush for what seemed like an hour. No internet, no football forums back then. 

"I remember running on to the pitch at the Den when I was a youngster with Leicester in the fifth round of the FA Cup. The place resembled a huge trap, and the venom that hit us from the Millwall fans was unbelievable. I remember thinking to myself, maybe it would be a good idea not to score at this place!" Gary Lineker. 

Edited by Line-X

57 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its a valid point, and sorry to make light, who gives a toss about how local such rivalries once were? Stop looking back, the future is bright :D

Yep..time flys by.The young Ones on here,will be telling or explaining to "their" own grankids,

"Now once upon a time,under a guy called Rodgers,we were also once A Top 6 club" ...

2070.PL..

1.Wolves

2.Forest

3.Spurs

4.Derby

5.A.Villa

6.WBA..

7.Rangers

8.Ajax

9.PSG

10.Carlisle

11.Peterborough

12.Leicester

13.Burnley

14.BVB

15..Juventus

16.Notts.County

17.Hearts

18.Bury

19.Leeds

20.Arsenal

21.L'pool

22.Man.city

23.Celtic

24.Stoke...

Edited by fuchsntf

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

Yep..time flys by.The young Ones on here,will be telling or explaining to "their" own grankids,

"Now once upon a time,under a guy called Rodgers,we were also once A Top 6 club" ...

2070.PL..

1.Wolves

2.Forest

3.Spurs Cefn Druids

4.Derby

5.A.Villa

6.WBA..

7.Rangers

8.Ajax

9.PSG

10.Notts.county

11.Peterborough