Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Mocking our rivals

I know it's international week but this thread is embarrassing.  Going on about Derby and Forest when we haven't even played them in years, not to mention calling them 'rivals'.

Let's just leave them in that dusty compartment in the back of our minds that we use for half-forgotten nothings and trivialities and keep moving forward.

• Like 4

Can’t be arsed with any of them nowadays, Coventry will always be scummers but they’re too far off to consider right now.

What is interesting though, is I’ve noticed more and more videos on social media of Forest fans singing about us as well as Derby...

Didn’t care apparently but now we’re relevant in the world football scene and those who remember Forest as anything close to relevant die of old age, they sure seem keen on hating us now 

Not playing them doesn’t mean they’re not our rivals, I’d like to play any of them in the cup, more so Forest or Cov given how long it’s been since we played. 

Having said that as others have mentioned at this moment I can’t help but dislike the big clubs and their fans more than the 3 clubs mentioned, it’d be so much more satisfying to finish in the top 4 and above a few of them than it ever would to finish above Forest, Derby or Cov.

I’ve been watching Leicester since 1997 and there’s only one or two seasons where Forest or Derby could make a reasonable claim to be top dog in the East Midlands. One of those years was Derby’s record breaking season in the Premier League...

We’ve been so far superior to them for so long that there’s just no rivalry in that sense.

Sure it’d nice to have a local derby with a bit of needle every year but i’ll take European tours and Premier League football over it any day.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Can’t be arsed with any of them nowadays, Coventry will always be scummers but they’re too far off to consider right now.

What is interesting though, is I’ve noticed more and more videos on social media of Forest fans singing about us as well as Derby...

Didn’t care apparently but now we’re relevant in the world football scene and those who remember Forest as anything close to relevant die of old age, they sure seem keen on hating us now 

I’ve noticed the same, doesn’t stop them calling us irrelevant, which is just bizarre these days.

What made me laugh was when a video of them signing about hating us went around and a few Leicester fans replied and one of their responses was “there was no one else to sing about”, as if there aren’t 92 other league clubs they could’ve sang about, they’ll just say anything to prove they don’t care.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

We’ve outgrown Spurs and Arsenal at this stage. 

Oh and there’s that other club from Manchester too, but can’t remember their name...

We ain’t outgrown anyone yet! We’re second after twelve games!! If we want to keep pace and outgrow the sides you mention we’ve got to be finishing top 4/6 on a consistent basis! 

• Like 2

I’ve never really understood this need of some people to have a complete obsession with one club over any other. The Forest v Derby rivalry actually comes across as quite bizarre. I think it gives them a misconception that it makes them more relevant and therefore they feel more important.  

I always found that Forest and Derby fans are much more obsessed with telling us we’re not their rivals then Leicester fans are of ever wanting to be. One of their pundits even wrote an article about it when he mistakenly heard us singing: “Are you watching Nottingham?” when we were singing: “...... Tottenham?” during the 15/16 run in. 

I want Leicester City to be as successful as possible. I don’t want a local rival. That would imply that I want them to be successful as well to make any rivalry relevant. I’d sooner them rot in the lower leagues. I have much more fun laughing at local people who wear replica Man Utd or Arsenal shirts when we start threatening the status quo. 

• Like 4

The City are becoming more relevant in the other East Midlands cities as kids on the borders are choosing to follow the bid Premier League club nearby. More and more Royal blue (and pink) shirts are on show in the region and they are noticing. For Premier League football, use junction 21. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dorkingfox said:

Derby have been totally rammed

Forest have become charcoal

Coventry will always be Covscum

Who are Notts County?

Villa are waiting for the axe to fall

You left out 2 giants...Peterborough & Mansfield...

And the Merson honourable midlands super Team  Hinckley...!!:trumpet:

Then those also rans Stoke,WBA,Birmingham, and the Mighty Wolves....

Edited by fuchsntf

In all honesty I've gotten used to and accepted the being "all on our own" thing, that none of Forest, Derby or Cov have entered my thoughts since the Championship days. Even when we were still in the 2nd tier, because of the Notts/Derby Brian Clough love in, where both clubs can't keep away from each so much you'd tell them to 'get a room', that any sort of thing that I think of when Notts come about is thanks for selling us your Captain all those years ago for a million. But now Wes is more ours than theirs and we've given him 2 titles and Champions League football. 

Derby is just where all our rejects end up for some reason... :dunno: 

I'm not sure how or why. Probably the subconscious need to still be near Leicester? But seriously, the number of ex players that played for us ending up ay Derby is kinda funny. 

Coventry was just easy to get to for a bit. But the whole 'M69 Derby' was so Skysports it was cringe. 

I know historically parts of Leicestershire has had parts of the county, depending on which section, engaged in rivalry due to having fans living in the same area of these 3 clubs and growing up in a more 'National' game. Not wanting to sound bigheaded at all but for the last 5 years I've slowly gotten accustomed to being 'Global'

And so the idea of having 'Rivals' genuinely does not apply to those 3 clubs. It's not just about history, but there here and now as well. And the here and now says our rivals currently are Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City.

As we attempt to do what I asked for of my team before the season began and hopefully every season after, which is to challenge. 

Edited by LC/FC
Typos

RIVALS

Typical traditional rivalries are usually geographically tied
So it used to be Derby, Forest, Cov - and a battle for the pride
Same league and similar standard, the game was never won 
Until the final whistle, and all was said and done 
But since those days we've strapped, a rocket to our arse 
Fait accompli for the rest of them, was nothing short of a farce 

We wouldn't really have believed, and they would like us excluded
But we've upset the big 6, and demand to be included 
Some definitely more than others, uneven hatred from both sides 
Chelsea have been around for a while, for me since Erland Johnsens dive 
Liverpool, Man City, we can't quite class that yet 
But dream again, look at the table, this seasons titles not yet set! 
Spurs fans are quite laughable, third in a two horse race hangover 
And Arsenal, will this be the season, when twice we turn them over? 
Finally Man United, they're slipping down the table 
But until we actually win some games, as a rival, that's just a fable 

And now back to the midlands, where rivalry used to roam 
Each individual team will be picked down to the bone 
Aston Villa, Dean Saunders said, a bigger club than Chelsea 
4-4 at Villa Park, for me it's not a legacy 
With Villa brushed aside, Birmingham definitely doesn't count 
But Wolves are a weird one, with some history to take into account 
Remember Mark McGhee? Left for a 'bigger club' 
If we just went off last season, they might have had the rub 
Recently we've been playing West Brom, but there's nothing there to mention 
In fact we've got a bit of thanks to hand over to Craig Dawson 

Let's drill down to the main three; Derby, Forest, Cov 
For me Forest are the gobsh1tes, deluded fvcking knobs 
Cov felt like a rivalry, but now they've sailed south 
Derby was a tasty one, sheep shaggers have big mouths 
Some classic true nostalgia, back in the day they had our number 
'till Walshy popped up at Wembley, and put rams to slaughter 
I also went to Pride Park, 0-4 in the first fifteen  
If we did that now we'd go on, 0-9 or more obscene 

And to the present day, slabheads do fetch quite the bounty 
The only thing now left to say is "who the fvck are Notts County?"

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Markyblue said:

Part of me misses the rivalry and match day experience of playing your nearest and dearest but then reality kicks in and i think f..k um let them rot in the lower reaches of the football world. 

Yes.. i love the prem and i think we can be top 4. ..

But I loved the challenge of the championship.. with derby forest  cov (marlonking) villa brum wolves.... it was like high stakes ever other week.

Edited by foxinsocks

6 hours ago, TheCryptoPoet said:

Recently we've been playing West Brom, but there's nothing there to mention 

Actually just realised I enjoy playing this lot. Not as a club rivalry but more of a Jamie Vardy rivalry. I absolutely adore it when he scores and specifically goads that corner of the Hawthorns.

Shit housing at its finest!

:wub:

Never been bothered by Derby and Forest... why? cause they aren't exactly bothered by us, as they say "they only hate Derby (Forest)" I hope in fact both Derby and Forest return to the top flight be nice to have more teams from the midlands. Coventry different case, cannot stand their supporters or the people come from there to that matter. I've learnt they seem to joy seeing us having problems and haven't forgot their reaction seeing us getting relegated back in 2008. 

For me I know never get fans at any club that spent 80% chanting about how much they hate their rivals than chanting about their own team. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

I Never bothered Really what Football fans think of others generally...Its tribal,snidey,and pathetic...!!!

The 1970s,saw a massive Team rivalry,where Midlands Teams were competing regularly with each other...

I can be considered a mutant...I hated & loved our midlands rivals...Forest more than Derby,seen from my teenage-obstroculus-weeney years,the obvious.

Arsenal just because they kept on Winning ,either in the past minute,or in 1-0 games....

The Clough years Made it difficult,to hate either Forest or Derby. Though Leeds it seemed the whole of Europe hated....

Being a koppite,I still couldnt  Pick up on this Real hate phsycology....Saturdays ,week Matches the adrenelin,OK..but I had friends around the midlands,outside the obvious banter,I always thought any Extended rivalry-hate ....what a total Waste of time.....!!!

I Witnessed the twists in midland  opposition rivalry,  Before a Forest-Leicester game,a group of is came across a then famous-journalist & camaraman,who tried

to entice ourselves..12 City supporters,and a Forest group to have rumble,so they could Film it.....!!! 2 Rival Groups did indeed get together....

A scuffed and slightly wet journalist,Abs camaraman After being dragged through some largest Pools und scrubbery,were delivered with One complete undamaged  camera,to a Large TV-field van, and kindly warned to behave themselves..from ca 26 then Rival fans...Then told where to film..after match-skirmishes,After the game...

The Forest lads sent them to an area,far away,from any route, where opposition fans,would come across each other,But known.  Low-Key red light area...!!!

These 2 groups,agree to Meet afterwards,and we had a Great Pub-crawl evening together.....

The truth is...maybe if the 2 Media -egos dozos hadnt tried to create a story....Our 2 oppo groups,might well have had a run-in with each other..!! Instead it created a few seasons Pub get- together of 2 sets of would be rival fans...:crylaugh:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

On 16/11/2019 at 13:05, jonthefox said:

The Forest fans i know mock me over having no rivals. My response is , " oh well, we'll just have to make do with a modern stadium, a billionaire owner , a £100 million training facility, a team littered with internationals , a recent premier league win and....erm , oh yeah, second in the league :thumbup:". Normally shuts them up. 

A quick 'We've got title rivals' should work just as well if you're in a rush.

Growing up with Liverpool and man utd "fans" I could never understand why people didn't support Leicester 

My best friend at school was a forest fan, because he came from Nottinghamshire 

I will never mock people for supporting their local clubs, I will mock cockney man utd fans or East anglia Liverpool fans. 

8 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Growing up with Liverpool and man utd "fans" I could never understand why people didn't support Leicester 

My best friend at school was a forest fan, because he came from Nottinghamshire 

I will never mock people for supporting their local clubs, I will mock cockney man utd fans or East anglia Liverpool fans. 

Glory supporting plastics