Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Mocking our rivals

Before I start, I’m well aware that football is a funny old game, and we all experience ups and downs and what goes around comes around. 

I grew up being mocked by Forest Fans, Derby and even Coventry ‘if they posted the titanic sky blue’ City.

Right now we are up, and they are down, so let’s just all take 2 minutes away from man of the match v person of the match and the media conspiracies to enjoy being kings of the midlands.

Funniest comment as judged by rep points wins nothing but FT pride.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Part of me misses the rivalry and match day experience of playing your nearest and dearest but then reality kicks in and i think f..k um let them rot in the lower reaches of the football world. 

13 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Unpopular opinion - I wouldn’t mind Forest or Derby getting promoted. 

Just so we can beat them twice and watch them get relegated whilst we light up the Champions League :cool:

I’m with you 100%. As amazing as this period of our history is, the one thing missing is those local derby matches especially the away days.  I grew up with the highlights of the season being trips to The Baseball Ground, City ground and Highfield Rd, just imagine us being second in the league chasing European football but getting to do it whilst taking points of those mugs. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

We’ve outgrown Spurs and Arsenal at this stage. 

Oh and there’s that other club from Manchester too, but can’t remember their name...

This is exactly the kind of comment that people on this forum would be scearming 'deluded' at if it was anybody else other than Man City or Liverpool.

:whistle:

1 hour ago, lcfc81 said:

I have a policy of not mocking anyone who supports their local team (regardless if it is a local rival and unless o am mocked by them). In this day and age I have more respect for fans of forest than the glory fans that have helped erode some of that rivalry. However, that said, I always want to finish above them and don't mind seeing them lose! 

This

The Derby and Forest fans at my work are sound lads but but the glory fans of Man U and Liverpool are generally further up the knobhead-o-meter

• Like 1