Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blackboots only

Family stand ticket upgrade

Hi

i sit in the family stand with my 2 kids, I’m a season ticket holder and they are members. 
My season ticket seat is actually in the west stand but I relocate to the family stand for every game and buy 2 adjacent seats for my 2 kids. 
question is.. for the Liverpool game, I’ve relocated and bought there 2 tickets, but they can’t make the game. Can I upgrade at least 1 but preferably both there under 18 tickets to adult/Oap tickets ? 
On the phone the ticket office said no, but I’m pretty sure I did this last season ?

anyone got any idea ? 

40 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Does that mean that you will be in a group of three with no under 18's? - in which case they probably won't let you do it I think

I have asked if I can upgrade meaning no under 18s and they said yes so long as i provide the names of the people using tickets. 

In the family stand you are like limited to 4 times per season.

36 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

They won't let you do it, they will let you swap all three tickets for somewhere else in the ground that's available , with the relevent price increase.

That will be a problem as game is sold out so theres no spare seats.

• Thanks 1

Ok so been into ticket office. 
They only let me upgrade 1 child ticket to a adult, as there has to be at least 1 under 18 in our group. 
As previous post suggested, there’s no chance of relocating as it’s sold out. 
Which is fair enough I suppose. 
Therefore I may have a spare under 16 available if anyone’s interested ?

26 minutes ago, Blackboots only said:

Ok so been into ticket office. 
They only let me upgrade 1 child ticket to a adult, as there has to be at least 1 under 18 in our group. 
As previous post suggested, there’s no chance of relocating as it’s sold out. 
Which is fair enough I suppose. 
Therefore I may have a spare under 16 available if anyone’s interested ?

You won't get in without a child.

I went to the Wolves game in the family stand with my sons ticket as his daughter couldn't go, was told by the ticket office that there needs to be at least one child in the group, wasn't  a major problem for me as I took my other granddaughter,  but it is something you need to check, as that is the reason they will only upgrade one child ticket. 

Now I have re read your post, you have been advised this.

Edited by joachim1965
Not reading post properly.

6 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

I went to the Wolves game in the family stand with my sons ticket as his daughter couldn't go, was told by the ticket office that there needs to be at least one child in the group, wasn't  a major problem for me as I took my other granddaughter,  but it is something you need to check, as that is the reason they will only upgrade one child ticket. 

Yet again you have to love lcfc. I have an email saying so long as I provide the names they will upgrade the u18 to an adult and allow them in. Otherwise what is the point to offering the option to upgrade.

36 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Yet again you have to love lcfc. I have an email saying so long as I provide the names they will upgrade the u18 to an adult and allow them in. Otherwise what is the point to offering the option to upgrade.

I'd make sure you have that email to hand when you go in along with id or whatever to prove it. Last year me, my dad and brother  (was 16/17) would get ticket checked 2 times at least before they let us in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

I’ve been to every home game for the last 2 seasons, sitting in the family stand. 
I don’t think I’ve ever entered the stadium at the same time as my kids. (Teenagers)
They are usually 5 mins in front of me as they walk considerably quicker from the Local Hero than me.

They have never been stopped and me the same. 

1 hour ago, Blackboots only said:

I’ve been to every home game for the last 2 seasons, sitting in the family stand. 
I don’t think I’ve ever entered the stadium at the same time as my kids. (Teenagers)
They are usually 5 mins in front of me as they walk considerably quicker from the Local Hero than me.

They have never been stopped and me the same. 

Lucky bugger! Since they started enforcing the must have an under 18 rule about 2 full seasons ago, every single home game I had at least 1 steward ask to check my ticket. And me, my dad and my brother (aged between 15-17 over the seasons) arriving together. 

Sometimes it was stricter getting into the family end than it was some away stands. But I've moved stands now so it doesn't affect me anymore lol

Edited by UniFox21

8 hours ago, joachim1965 said:

Where I sit in the family stand,

there is a group of 4 blokes and some lad who must be at least 19,

they’ve never had children with them which makes me wonder how they get in each game as my tickets get checked every game,

my kids have to stand up as they cannot see the game with them being in front,

tommorow night my kids are not going and I upgraded one of the tickets to adult as the Mrs is coming,

will we not be allowed in?????

what if a child was ill on the day of the game and could not attend,

would they refuse entry🤷🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Lucky bugger! Since they started enforcing the must have an under 18 rule about 2 full seasons ago, every single home game I had at least 1 steward ask to check my ticket. And me, my dad and my brother (aged between 15-17 over the seasons) arriving together. 

Sometimes it was stricter getting into the family end than it was some away stands. But I've moved stands now so it doesn't affect me anymore lol

Sorry what I meant to say was, that yes I do have my ticket checked by security outside of the ground. But not once have they asked me who I’m with etc  ?

And my kids, who arrive on there own generally,  both get there tickets checked and they also have never been asked. 

There’s the light system on the turnstile which is checked, and rightly so 

As I’m not advocating getting into the ground using the wrong ticket 
But outside ? I can’t see how that can be policed by security and there’s no need. 
As a previous poster said, what happens if you’re child is ill/late/still in pub/gone for chips etc etc 

As long as you have the correct ticket you will have no bother getting in 

Edited by Blackboots only