Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Which wide player is the best finisher?

Which wide player has the best finishing?   

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which wide player has the best finishing?

• Barnes
    • Gray
    • Albrighton
    • Perez

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

He's clearly often smashed the ball under the bar quite effectively to average 1 goal per 4 games in 5 seasons in the PL as an attacking midfielder/wide man (mainly for a poor, defensive side).

Yes, he's certainly missed a few good chances during his brief time at LCFC. How typical that is of him, I don't know, as I didn't watch Newcastle matches week in, week out for the past 5 years.

My comment about giving him time to bed in was meant more generally. His overall performances have been inconsistent - a few good, some mixed, some not so good - but he's only been here for a few months.

Having a Newcastle supporting mate, I have had the (mis)fortune of seeing them more than I'd like haha. I'm not knocking him, he is what he is. As the main focal point of a team, you're going to score a fair few goals when it's you and 1 or 2 other people that are responsible for attacking.

He's looked exactly the player he did at Newcastle. I think we've overpaid for a slight upgrade on Okazaki. Said it in the summer and still feel the same 4 or 5 months later.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Having a Newcastle supporting mate, I have had the (mis)fortune of seeing them more than I'd like haha. I'm not knocking him, he is what he is. As the main focal point of a team, you're going to score a fair few goals when it's you and 1 or 2 other people that are responsible for attacking.

He's looked exactly the player he did at Newcastle. I think we've overpaid for a slight upgrade on Okazaki. Said it in the summer and still feel the same 4 or 5 months later.

Ah, well. Time will tell. I try to be patient with new signings, though it's hard at times. Vardy is just the most obvious example of a player who looked a bit short of ideal during his first season here.

I do appreciate that hopes for improvement by new players can be misplaced. I've been close to giving up on Gray for a couple of years now.....then he'll have a good game once every couple of months and get my hopes up again! :D