Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Which wide player is the best finisher?

Which wide player has the best finishing?   

121 members have voted

1. 1. Which wide player has the best finishing?

• Barnes
    • Gray
    • Albrighton
    • Perez

Who do we think is the best finisher out of our current wide options? Plenty of debate so far on not scoring enough from these areas. All 4 have positive but different attributes but which of them would you trust to find the net the most? 

Edited by Lambert09

A “Buy a Winger in January” ad disguised as a poll?  If so, well done.  There’s only one answer and as a finisher, he’s the streakiest mess since spray-on suntans.

You still won’t get me onside for paying ₤60M for Zaha though.  Ayoze is due for a hot streak, and the next two games is where to start.

Just now, KingsX said:

A “Buy a Winger in January” ad disguised as a poll?  If so, well done.  There’s only one answer and as a finisher, he’s the streakiest mess since spray-on suntans.

You still won’t get me onside for paying ₤60M for Zaha though.  Ayoze is due for a hot streak, and the next two games is where to start.

Yeah, Zaha can bollocks. He's never outscored Perez in the PL and is approaching 28, would be a scandalous buy at the price.

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Albrighton has showed a number of times that he can finish.

As for the rest...

Barnes only scores wonder goals

Perez is clearly a waste of £30 million

Gray has a Schlupp brain

And the number is 17 in 256 appearances. Marc is a fine player but clearly not a striker and we need another player who can put the ball in the net , not just Jimmy and Jamie.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Perez.... Look at his record: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayoze_Pérez

46 goals in 191 Premier League appearances.

He just hasn't bedded in yet. Give him time.

Does it take time to bed in to score sitters and not smash the ball over the bar?

He's just not a great finisher. Sometimes he'll hit a little purple patch but in general he's very inconsistent in front of goal. I very much doubt he'll improve at this point. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, worthosoriginals said:

Ah great, another excuse to slag our players off thread,

in disguise. 

Second in the prem and in a cup semi final. Shite arnt we? What is wrong with some of you lot? 

Almost any team can be improved.

We are missing sitters or final balls.

We have money to spend.

Being 2nd gives us a better chance of attracting a quality wide player who could help cement that position.

Guest An Sionnach
5 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Almost any team can be improved.

We are missing sitters or final balls.

We have money to spend.

Being 2nd gives us a better chance of attracting a quality wide player who could help cement that position.

I suppose there must be somebody out there who nobody else has noticed. After all Pepe has been  roaring success for Arsenal so far. We would be absolutely crazy to spend 60 million on somebody who would be no better than the players we have. Thankfully it's not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Does it take time to bed in to score sitters and not smash the ball over the bar?

He's just not a great finisher. Sometimes he'll hit a little purple patch but in general he's very inconsistent in front of goal. I very much doubt he'll improve at this point. 

He's clearly often smashed the ball under the bar quite effectively to average 1 goal per 4 games in 5 seasons in the PL as an attacking midfielder/wide man (mainly for a poor, defensive side).

Yes, he's certainly missed a few good chances during his brief time at LCFC. How typical that is of him, I don't know, as I didn't watch Newcastle matches week in, week out for the past 5 years.

My comment about giving him time to bed in was meant more generally. His overall performances have been inconsistent - a few good, some mixed, some not so good - but he's only been here for a few months.