Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gené and Tonic

So, can anyone explain why

I think things must be bad with williams im sure he would have played him if there wasnt he had a good game at cardiff and we could have done with an attackive central midfielder on saturday, hope CL plays him tomorrow

I think things must be bad with williams im sure he would have played him if there wasnt he had a good game at cardiff and we could have done with an attackive central midfielder on saturday, hope CL plays him tomorrow

I think Williams will be gone in the next transfer window. He had a good game against Cardiff and then was dropped from the squad for no reason. We needed someone of his ability on Saturday, against a team that had not won at home all season and we got two defensive midfielders instead. Levein said he was disappointed with our passing, yet did not pick our best passer. With Hughes missing Williams is our only decent ball player. Although I defend CL against the morons who call for his head, sometimes he can be his own worst enemy.

I think Williams will be gone in the next transfer window. He had a good game against Cardiff and then was dropped from the squad for no reason. We needed someone of his ability on Saturday, against a team that had not won at home all season and we got two defensive midfielders instead. Levein said he was disappointed with our passing, yet did not pick our best passer. With Hughes missing Williams is our only decent ball player. Although I defend CL against the morons who call for his head, sometimes he can be his own worst enemy.

Very good post there bud.

Williams only has himself to blame after a number of abysmal performances.

Nobody is denying that, but against Preston it was clear that our midfielders weren't creating anything or looking to help our strikers. In that situation Williams should have been on the bench at least (especially with Hughes out) and could have come on as a sub. We were desperate for one of the midfielders to make forward run and Williams could have made a difference.

I'm not saying that Williams would have helped us score but it would be nice to have an attacking midfielder on the bench.

Nobody is denying that, but against Preston it was clear that our midfielders weren't creating anything or looking to help our strikers. In that situation Williams should have been on the bench at least (especially with Hughes out) and could have come on as a sub. We were desperate for one of the midfielders to make forward run and Williams could have made a difference.

I'm not saying that Williams would have helped us score but it would be nice to have an attacking midfielder on the bench.

As Davie said, we don't know the situation regarding Levein and Williams.

Whilst Williams would have offered us that creative spark, Preston was always going to be a scrappy affair, which I don't think Williams would have been up for. A lack of goals has been a problem all season, so Williams wouldn't have changed much. We were playing with 2 out and out wingers away from home, so we needed to be strong in the centre of midfield.

As Davie said, we don't know the situation regarding Levein and Williams.

Whilst Williams would have offered us that creative spark, Preston was always going to be a scrappy affair, which I don't think Williams would have been up for. A lack of goals has been a problem all season, so Williams wouldn't have changed much. We were playing with 2 out and out wingers away from home, so we needed to be strong in the centre of midfield.

I agree Scowy, I think CL's tactics to play 2 defensive midfielders left no place for Williams on the team and possibly the bench.

Not against Cardiff. Not at all.

He wasn't great against Cardiff, just did enough not to be bad. He doesn't put enough into the game to be worth a place in the team usually which is a shame as he could be the best player in the team if he cared.

Archived