Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Merging Cultures

Mechanical Keyboards

Anyone into them?

I've got a full size Filco Majestouch with cherry blues and a 60% I made, with a copper plate, black aluminium case, tai-hao pbt double shot, cherry blues. I got some nice person cables with them, one copper (to match the plate) and the other black on black with a lemo and 12inch coil.

13 hours ago, Innovindil said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07R6WS3HK/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Grabbed one of those as an early xmas prezzie to myself to replace my shite £30~ keyboard. Love it. :D

Nice one!

I do a load of typing, office job..., and they've totally transformed my writing experience.

I want to try out some more switches though. People complain about my Blues when I'm typing while on the phone. Going to look into some silents.

11 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Why's that? I find it so much better. Do you know what keycaps and switches it has?

Cherry silent switches, its a corsair. i find it double taps letters a bit and sometimes i pout the psaces in the wrong place lol, i edit most of what i type

Edit - like that lol

Edited by Beliall
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Depends what you're doing, gaming I get the need to have a funky board with a different configuration, maybe extra keys for your keybinds and stuff. 

But for actually typing, I can't think of too much better than my £20 bog standard logitech. 

the mech is good for gaming, i'll give you that, its why I couldnt go back now even though I cant type for shit. the hybrid mech/mebrane ones seem an interesting middle ground, never tried one though

7 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Nice one!

I do a load of typing, office job..., and they've totally transformed my writing experience.

I want to try out some more switches though. People complain about my Blues when I'm typing while on the phone. Going to look into some silents.

Yeah the blues are really loud, but I sorta like the clciky feel to them. My mate has the brown version and it's a lot quieter, I'd have probably gone with that one if noise mattered but for me it doesn't and the blue version was £20 cheaper at the time. :D 

• Like 1

On 25/02/2020 at 13:20, Beliall said:

Cherry silent switches, its a corsair. i find it double taps letters a bit and sometimes i pout the psaces in the wrong place lol, i edit most of what i type

Edit - like that lol

I wonder if it's the silents. I'm probably going got swappable next time round. I soldered my Blues in and kinda wished I'd tried some other switches.

• Like 1