Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Chelsea in crisis?

CHELSEA ARE NOT IN CRISIS !!!

Ok, they lost to Betis but look at their lead in the Premiership !! No-one else can touch them at the moment and they are still second in the Champions League with Liverpool to play at home.

Their team is phenomenal and they will get it back together again !! After losing to Chelsea by a dodgy penalty in the FA Cup - I think it was 1997 - I still h8 them and want to see a crisis there more than anybody else - especially now that Mr Abramovich has 'ruined football'.

However, they will dominate for a few years yet, but then someone else will move 'the bar' forward and they will have to aspire to that.

Their team is amazing, but I still believe their weakest link is Cech, who in my opinion is nowhere near the best keeper in the world !!! :devil:

last season Cech only condeded 13 goals didnt he? if theres a better keeper in the world please point me in that direction?

i think the weakest link is the strikers, but its not a real weak link because they have players all over the pitch who can score.

Subs v Real Betis:

Wright-Phillips

Drogba

Duff

Cudicini

Geremi

Bridge

Huth

Definitely no crisis!

They'll win the league by 20+ points. Probably not the Champions League though. Hehe.

And that's excluding Hernan Crespo who didn't even start against Betis I believe. :cry:

last season Cech only condeded 13 goals didnt he? if theres a better keeper in the world please point me in that direction?

i think the weakest link is the strikers, but its not a real weak link because they have players all over the pitch who can score.

Cech had an incredible defence in front of him, I have my doubts about him too.

I think Chelsea are just playing slightly differently. They no longer rely on defence that much. Terry is worse than last year, so is Gallas. What has changed is the fact that Mourinho can now pretty much rotate his squad because he has so many great players at hand. You can't plan that much against Chelsea nowadays, especially because their strikers and attacking midfielders play alike.

I disagree on Cech. He's been found solid, rarely ever makes mistakes when he gets called upon. There aren't terribly many keepers out there better than him...

There are loads of keepers in the world that are better than Cech! Look at Buffon, Casillas etc. If they had a defence like Chelsea's they'd all be as good as him.

Plus he rarely makes mistakes because some attackers can't get past the defence and if they do they would score just like in the last few games!!

So come on Man U!! :dance:

Really not sure who I want to win.

If Chelsea win, the league is almost there's already.

If Man U win, the league may become more interesting. This could be like the Arsenal game at OT last year for Chelsea.

But if Man U win, they'll be loads of cocky b@$tards at school tomorrow saying how great they are and how they 'knew they'd beat them.' :cry:

Really not sure who I want to win.

If Chelsea win, the league is almost there's already.

If Man U win, the league may become more interesting. This could be like the Arsenal game at OT last year for Chelsea.

But if Man U win, they'll be loads of cocky b@$tards at school tomorrow saying how great they are and how they 'knew they'd beat them.' :cry:

True Lib!

But if there is a draw i would like to see a game with goals and a High tempo! But it will be most likely a 0-0 draw! <_<

Archived