Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mickyblueeyes

Liam Moore

10 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Remember chatting to Liam at the end of the year we won the league.

He was pleased we had won obviously, but he was quite down as he was worried about his career. He had lost loads of weight, not sure that was through training or worry but he was saying how much he had lost.

My overriding take on the conversation was how difficult it is in being a footballer. Yes the money is great, but one day you are a hero the next you are nothing. 
He really had to dig in to get back to where he wanted to be, and I am very pleased he has done as he is a nice lad, but speaking to him and feeling that he wasn’t in a good place personally at that time was quite sad.

I can’t think of a role where you are on such a rollercoaster, you really can’t get a balance as you could either be at one extreme or another.

I get why they may splash out and do things often, I really do. I think it is something they can do to take away the pressure, gives them something to look forward too away from the game. 
There isn’t many industries where you get treated like they do. Forget the money, I mean the fact that you could turn up for work and you aren’t wanted. It will mess your head up. 

Great post 

the other major issue is the huge fluctuations in emotions and the fact your losing most of the time unless your in a decent side ! Depression must be rife in football and it’s one of the few industries your washed up at 30 

injuries and low mood/depression can’t be fixed by a new Rolex or Sports car, h But they will spend to try find the contentment that football doesn’t allow , and when not playing or training gambling is one of the few past-times that replicate the emotional rollercoaster of football so it’s no wonder that so many of them have gambling issues 

adulation is great on a weekend but when you can’t even fill your oversized motor up On a cold Monday morning without some twat wanting a selfie that’s not a life I would want. 

money buys you choices, it doesn’t buy you happiness or health ! 

Edited by LinekersLugs
  • Like 2

He was unfortunate not to make it here. He always looked talented but just really inexperienced. To captain a club like Reading is a great achievement and at 27 he's entering his peak years which could last until he's 33 or 34 as a CB. A club like Reading are always only a good run away from being in the promotion picture. He could be captaining a PL side in the next couple of years if things go his way. Best of luck to him.

On 15/05/2020 at 00:17, Fktf said:

He'd have probably come on at arsenal when Simpson was sent off instead of Wasyl, which would have completely changed some of my memories of that season. 

We played arsenal on the 14th Feb, and my overly romantic (Polish) missus was angry I was watching football on valentines day. She was even more angry when the halfwits on social media were sending Wasyl abuse ('death threats' as my missus put it) for conceding that last minute free kick. He was one of the only reasons she ever really paid any attention to the football.

So she kept bringing this up during dinner, saying how fans were overreacting, to the point I snapped and said he deserved some stick as he might have cost us the only title I'd ever see (I was proper nervous all season and only really started to believe we'd win it when spurs drew with West brom much later on). Then, of course, I was overreacting too.. 

As is her way, she decided to try and prove me wrong. She opened a betting account and put a tenner on us winning a league. She got us at 80-1, which would have been a nice additional bonus to us winning the prem. But you maybe wondering why I just 'a league'. She dropped the news that she'd made this bet after the trophy lift, but said she couldn't work out how to collect her winnings. On logging on to her account, I found she'd actually bet on us winning the champions league the following season.. 

Incredible 😂😂😂

• Like 1

On 15/05/2020 at 00:17, Fktf said:

He'd have probably come on at arsenal when Simpson was sent off instead of Wasyl, which would have completely changed some of my memories of that season. 

We played arsenal on the 14th Feb, and my overly romantic (Polish) missus was angry I was watching football on valentines day. She was even more angry when the halfwits on social media were sending Wasyl abuse ('death threats' as my missus put it) for conceding that last minute free kick. He was one of the only reasons she ever really paid any attention to the football.

So she kept bringing this up during dinner, saying how fans were overreacting, to the point I snapped and said he deserved some stick as he might have cost us the only title I'd ever see (I was proper nervous all season and only really started to believe we'd win it when spurs drew with West brom much later on). Then, of course, I was overreacting too.. 

As is her way, she decided to try and prove me wrong. She opened a betting account and put a tenner on us winning a league. She got us at 80-1, which would have been a nice additional bonus to us winning the prem. But you maybe wondering why I just 'a league'. She dropped the news that she'd made this bet after the trophy lift, but said she couldn't work out how to collect her winnings. On logging on to her account, I found she'd actually bet on us winning the champions league the following season.. 

Brilliant ;)

Edited by boots60